Coach Kellie Harper fired

No doom and gloom in sight. People avoid the dramatic critics. If people can’t see who will take a Tennessee job with its best returning core in three years and top tier resources.. but brag about Kentucky one of the bottom teams in the conference hiring their new coach you know it’s just to spread negativity. The candidates that I have been given confirmation are applicants(we are no longer taking about interest) for the Tennessee job all come from winning programs. So winners are who is interested in the Tennessee job. Players nor coaches will never see Tennessee based on this board driven fantasy. It’s a top 3-5 program in the country today.

Uh oh winnercircle with more “insider info” incoming.

I would say that whomever is hired is not in immediate connection with some top players either portal or 2024 recruits will be in immediate trouble of having a season that doesn't make the NCAA. The current roster without Powell, Jackson, and Key is already to weak to make it JMO.
Texas and Oklahoma coming go with
South Carolina, LSU, Old Miss
Tennessee tied Alabama for fourth
Tennessee needs the right transfer portal players
To keep the NCAA tournament record in tact
Of being only school not to miss
24 recruitSS not coming unless the new coach brings their own

Saw an interview with John Adams this AM about the change in HC, and no I am not a fan, but he pointed out one thing D. White said about the coaching change was that LV BB was an elite program and he intended to get it back there. His take on that comment was he was going big on a new coach.

This is one time I hope Adams is right. And Adams did not say where that White comment came from so I cannot post a link.

Saw an interview with John Adams this AM about the change in HC, and no I am not a fan, but he pointed out one thing D. White said about the coaching change was that LV BB was an elite program and he intended to get it back there. His take on that comment was he was going big on a new coach.

This is one time I hope Adams is right. And Adams did not say where that White comment came from so I cannot post a link.

To me this is probably White’s one big chance for a block buster hire while AD at UT.

I wouldn’t have called Heupel a blockbuster hire so much as obviously the right man for the job l, at the right time.

When Coach Barnes ultimately retires I see White hiring a talented up and comer for that program.

He knows the tradition of excellence with Lady Vol basketball, the importance of its place in women’s SPORTS history and it’s not lost on him the WCBB HoF is in Knoxville.

This is a job for a future HoF coach, not an experiment or “keep it in the family” moment.

Last edited:
No doom and gloom in sight. People avoid the dramatic critics. If people can’t see who will take a Tennessee job with its best returning core in three years and top tier resources.. but brag about Kentucky one of the bottom teams in the conference hiring their new coach you know it’s just to spread negativity. The candidates that I have been given confirmation are applicants(we are no longer taking about interest) for the Tennessee job all come from winning programs. So winners are who is interested in the Tennessee job. Players nor coaches will never see Tennessee based on this board driven fantasy. It’s a top 3-5 program in the country today.
Honestly, can you just shut the f*** up for 10 seconds until they announce who the Tennessee coach is before the speculation can begin? What exactly are we supposed to talk about? "I don't know who the Tennessee coach will be, which players they are bringing, and which players are staying, but they are elite. ELITE I SAY! ELITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

We can only hope it’s the subset of fans who were clearly OK with the stagnation and path to mediocrity we’ve been on the last decade plus.
I did originally think that if the new coach wins, they’ll come back. After seeing some of them take the mask off the last few days, I think I might have been wrong. What I will find extremely hypocritical is when some of the people who hated Darth start/are acting just like him with Kellie.

Day 3! Buckle Up Tennessee Vol fans! Tennessee athletic administration is operating this aggressive coaching search to find a new head coach for the iconic Lady Vols Basketball program to perfection!

I did originally think that if the new coach wins, they’ll come back. After seeing some of them take the mask off the last few days, I think I might have been wrong. What I will find extremely hypocritical is when some of the people who hated Darth start/are acting just like him with Kellie.

It’s coming lol.

Mostly that is just a group of people who like to be made to feel special and important. If the new coach isn’t interested in doing that they will no longer be fans.

Which tells you at the end of the day they are fans of themselves, not the program. If it isn’t about them anymore they don’t want to be part of it.

All I want to see is a successful Lady Vol basketball program again, don’t care who is in charge. I’m just dying to sit back and confidently tune into games again knowing I’m going to see a quality product on the floor.

How many posts did we see this season about turning games off? It wasn’t just me. People don’t want to watch their favorite team lose in the same way over and over. Dig a 15-20 point hole, go on a run, come up just short 75% of the time against the best and just long against the average. Story of Kellie’s teams.

It’s coming lol.

Mostly that is just a group of people who like to be made to feel special and important. If the new coach isn’t interested in doing that they will no longer be fans.

Which tells you at the end of the day they are fans of themselves, not the program. If it isn’t about them anymore they don’t want to be part of it.

All I want to see is a successful Lady Vol basketball program again, don’t care who is in charge. I’m just dying to sit back and confidently tune into games again knowing I’m going to see a quality product on the floor.

How many posts did we see this season about turning games off? It wasn’t just me. People don’t want to watch their favorite team lose in the same way over and over. Dig a 15-20 point hole, go on a run, come up just short 75% of the time against the best and just long against the average. Story of Kellie’s teams.
There is definitely something to the exclusivity of the club they felt they were in. Almost as if THEY were the program and others need not apply. I also realize hurt people will hurt people and lash out.

I unfortunately was one of those people turning it off at times. I hate to say it bc I have loved the Lady Vols my entire life. My granddad loved them, my mom loves them, and I love them. It’s just the games were starting to be exhausting. Going from one extreme to another and then end in almost but not enough. I didn’t like seeing Kellie in anguish, and I didn’t like seeing the girls fighting so hard back upstream to only fall at the end. I know that had to be mentally and emotionally exhausting for them so much more than it was for me. It just was a pattern, unfortunately. I hope we are breaking the pattern now, not for my sake but for the ladies who try their hardest every day bc THEY are the program.

Last edited:
There is definitely something to the exclusivity of the club they felt they were in. Almost as if THEY were the program and others need not apply. I also realize hurt people will hurt people and lash out.

I unfortunately was one of those people at times. I hate to say it bc I have loved the Lady Vols my entire life. My granddad loved them, my mom loves them, and I love them. It’s just the games were starting to be exhausting. Going from one extreme to another and then end in almost but not enough. I didn’t like seeing Kellie in anguish, and I didn’t like seeing the girls fighting so hard back upstream to only fall at the end. I know that had to be mentally and emotionally exhausting for them so much more than it was for me. It just was a pattern, unfortunately. I hope we are breaking the pattern now, not for my sake but for the ladies who try their hardest every day bc THEY are the program.

Well said, my sentiments exactly.

My point was the rabble that took such glee in watching a really great person get screwed by her alma mater boasted continuously that DW would make a home run hire. That we would back up the brinks truck at Dawn’s house, that our program would attract coaches who could just snap their fingers and get us to a ff. The cold, hard reality is staring to set in that none of the top 5 or so coaches are coming and that probably the next tier (like a Niel Ivey) aren’t coming here either which leaves us with coaches that, as I researched their record, are pretty much where Kellie was.
You quite literally have no idea what's going on with the coaching search. You have no idea who they're talking to, no idea who they're thinking about, no idea who has expressed interest, no clue when an announcement will be made—you're privy to none of this information. That being the case, how in the world do you feel comfortable typing any of the nonsense I've quoted above? In the hierarchy of people who are likely to know who's turned us down so far, you're at the bottom of the list. The very, very, very bottom. Just like the rest of us. So get comfortable and stop being so confident with your assertions.

Absolutely wild that we're throwing so much shade at an AD who's helped our school resurrect two dormant programs (football, baseball) and bring them back to national relevance. But yeah, let's instead try to paint him as a carpetbagger who doesn't have the school's best interests at heart. I swear, some of you just can't help yourselves.

You quite literally have no idea what's going on with the coaching search. You have no idea who they're talking to, no idea who they're thinking about, no idea who has expressed interest, no clue when an announcement will be made—you're privy to none of this information. That being the case, how in the world do you feel comfortable typing any of the nonsense I've quoted above? In the hierarchy of people who are likely to know who's turned us down so far, you're at the bottom of the list. The very, very, very bottom. Just like the rest of us. So get comfortable and stop being so confident with your assertions.

Absolutely wild that we're throwing so much shade at an AD who's helped our school resurrect two dormant programs (football, baseball) and bring them back to national relevance. But yeah, let's instead try to paint him as a carpetbagger who doesn't have the school's best interests at heart. I swear, some of you just can't help yourselves.

Not to mention volleyball, men’s and women’s swimming and diving, men’s and women’s track and field, softball and others. I cannot remember a time where sports across the board were competing this well at UT. Women’s basketball was falling behind the pack.

White is a fantastic AD.

Not to mention volleyball, men’s and women’s swimming and diving, men’s and women’s track and field, softball and others. I cannot remember a time where sports across the board were competing this well at UT. Women’s basketball was falling behind the pack.

White is a fantastic AD.
Yes, he has most of our programs in a really strong position, and I think that's precisely why he felt like he needed to make an immediate move with women's basketball. I will always have tremendous love for Kellie, but sometimes life requires you to separate emotion and logic. An inability to do that since Pat's departure is partly why our program, despite the exploding popularity of women's college basketball, is only discussed around the fringes. That's almost unimaginable.

To me this is probably White’s one big chance for a block buster hire while AD at UT.

I wouldn’t have called Heupel a blockbuster hire so much as obviously the right man for the job l, at the right time.

When Coach Barnes ultimately retires I see White hiring a talented up and comer for that program.

He knows the tradition of excellence with Lady Vol basketball, the importance of its place in women’s SPORTS history and it’s not lost on him the WCBB HoF is in Knoxville.

This is a job for a future HoF coach, not an experiment or “keep it in the family” moment.
Well for the men it will probably be our old assistant and Providence coach Kim English

I can understand wanting to give Harper another year but to say she got screwed is ludicrous.

Tennessee was a preseason top ten team the past 2 years and failed to finish in the top 25 both years. Tennessee was 20-13 this year.

This part of the schedule in 2023 and 2022 was what got Harper fired. It set Tennessee up for struggles throughout the rest of the year as we played catchup. You don't lose to Indiana, MTSU, FSU, Ohio State, etc. if you are Tennessee. At least not on a consistent basis when you are ranked in the preseason top 10. That gets coaches fired anywhere.

1712161072298.png

1712161098741.png

Uh oh winnercircle with more “insider info” incoming.
What’s crazy is, I don’t doubt he has insider info. It’s not the kind of “insider” info most of us would think it is, but based on who I think that poster is, I wouldn’t doubt they know who’s being considered. Butttt it’s just a guess!

I unfortunately was one of those people turning it off at times. I hate to say it bc I have loved the Lady Vols my entire life. My granddad loved them, my mom loves them, and I love them. It’s just the games were starting to be exhausting. Going from one extreme to another and then end in almost but not enough. I didn’t like seeing Kellie in anguish, and I didn’t like seeing the girls fighting so hard back upstream to only fall at the end. I know that had to be mentally and emotionally exhausting for them so much more than it was for me. It just was a pattern, unfortunately. I hope we are breaking the pattern now, not for my sake but for the ladies who try their hardest every day bc THEY are the program.
This was definitely me. I actually turned the NC State game off, it became unbearable due to the emotions involved. I’d always record the games, just in case they pulled it out and I would go back and watch. That became all to common.

Last edited:
This was definitely me. I actually turned the NC State game off, it became unbearable due to the emotions involved sometimes. I’d always record the games, just in case they pulled it out and I could go back and watch. That became all to common.
I turned it off as well, I usually don’t heat when I know we will lose, I can’t bear to see the other team dancing around in our faces.

Reactions: spojo13
I can understand wanting to give Harper another year but to say she got screwed is ludicrous.

Tennessee was a preseason top ten team the past 2 years and failed to finish in the top 25 both years. Tennessee was 20-13 this year.

This part of the schedule in 2023 and 2022 was what got Harper fired. It set Tennessee up for struggles throughout the rest of the year as we played catchup. You don't lose to Indiana, MTSU, FSU, Ohio State, etc. if you are Tennessee. At least not on a consistent basis when you are ranked in the preseason top 10. That gets coaches fired anywhere.

View attachment 631692

View attachment 631693
Womp womp no nuance move on pray for the next coach.

World breaking reporting here

Reactions: mcannon1
This was definitely me. I actually turned the NC State game off, it became unbearable due to the emotions involved sometimes. I’d always record the games, just in case they pulled it out and I could go back and watch. That became all to common.

That was my MO this season. I have sling and ESPN+ so I would just shut it off when we were digging the hole.

If we pulled it out I would go back and watch. Did go back and watch some of the losses too, but it was painful. Watched all the South Carolina and LSU games through.

VN Store

Back