Coach Kellie Harper fired

This was definitely me. I actually turned the NC State game off, it became unbearable due to the emotions involved sometimes. I’d always record the games, just in case they pulled it out and I could go back and watch. That became all to common.
Yeah, the funny thing is that I would pull up live stats and see if they started playing better. I’d keep it off just in case I was the jinx by watching them when they started doing better 😂 Of course that pattern turned into turning it off in earlier quarter, seeing a second half comeback, thinking oh my goodness we are going to win, turning it back on, being crushed.

That was my MO this season. I have sling and ESPN+ so I would just shut it off when we were digging the hole.

If we pulled it out I would go back and watch. Did go back and watch some of the losses too, but it was painful. Watched all the South Carolina and LSU games through.
The only one I went back and watched was the South Carolina game because in my mind, we essentially won it! Lol I also went back to analyze the blunder at the end of the game! I was yelling as if I didn’t already know the outcome!

“SCOOT UP TKKKKK” 😩🥲😂😂

Do people need to submit abstracts to you before they can post?
They could maybe see if they are adding anything of value that hasn’t been said 10000x already. Maybe read and use the like button or quote and say “I agree”…

Like move on at this point

Yeah, the funny thing is that I would pull up live stats and see if they started playing better. I’d keep it off just in case I was the jinx by watching them when they started doing better 😂 Of course that pattern turned into turning it off in earlier quarter, seeing a second half comeback, thinking oh my goodness we are going to win, turning it back on, being crushed.
YES!!! All too familiar! I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one that does that! 😂 I miss the days of domination.

This is a tough question for the grave dancers because they know none of them will be coming to Knoxville.
All the cheering that Kellie was fired and DW was going to bring in a home run hire. I really hope he does but what I fear will be at best a B level coach. That won’t matter to many on here as the goal posts will be miraculously moved.
Funny I asked the CKJH supporters such as yourself multiple times after you brought goalposts up for CKJH if she stayed and none of the CKJH supporters would name the Goalposts for next 3 years.

I believe it is because you had little faith she could hit them.

it seems anyone who don’t agree with you about CKJH you call names like “grave dancers” and Negavols among others. Why can’t we discuss the program on a discussion board.

I think it appears obvious only LVFL will do for you is the real problem, Not sure you will be happy if they succeed with non LVFL coach.

FYI I was not adamant she needed to go but thought there should be obvious progress seen every year.

YES!!! All too familiar! I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one that does that! 😂 I miss the days of domination.
Trust, you were not the only one!! 😂😂 And I do miss the days of going in thinking we’re going to win this and being ticked off when we didn’t. These days it was more sadness and it is what is when we lost.

Trust, you were not the only one!! 😂😂 And I do miss the days of going in thinking we’re going to win this and being ticked off when we didn’t. These days it was more sadness and it is what is when we lost.
I remember being absolutely shocked when they lost to Duke in the 1999 E8 and Xavier in the 2001 S16. Like it was the biggest upset in the world that Tennessee lost before the Final Four. Even some of the subsequent tournament losses under Holly seemed shocking, but they were mostly in the S16 and E8. And here I am now completely numb because I've come to expect that they will 10+ games per season and bow out of the tournament before the E8. I look forward to feeling excited instead of a sense of dread watching them play again. I am silently rooting for a Jeff Walz hire...

I remember being absolutely shocked when they lost to Duke in the 1999 E8 and Xavier in the 2001 S16. Like it was the biggest upset in the world that Tennessee lost before the Final Four. Even some of the subsequent tournament losses under Holly seemed shocking, but they were mostly in the S16 and E8. And here I am now completely numb because I've come to expect that they will 10+ games per season and bow out of the tournament before the E8. I look forward to feeling excited instead of a sense of dread watching them play again. I am silently rooting for a Jeff Walz hire...
I literally yelled out my first curse word in front of my family during the loss to Duke. Shocked everyone in the room 😂😂 When Candace and company lost out in Palo Alto to Wiggins and the foul discrepancy was so much larger, I don’t know if I slept an hour that night I was so mad. Lately, it was kind of numbing to lose. I had hope every game but it wasn’t shocking. The SC SEC tourney game ending kept me in disbelief for a moment, and I felt extremely sad for our players, but it didn’t cut me like before.

lord do i pray for the next coach. phil jackson could come in here and replicate the 90’s bulls run and we would be unhappy.

Or perhaps just be on the level of programs like LSU, South Carolina, Texas, Ohio State, NC State, Baylor, Stanford, Notre Dame, etc. There are over 30 programs right now doing better than Tennessee. I don't think that is much to ask for. We lost 13 games this year.

It is pathetic to not expect that we are in that field of teams above.

Or perhaps just be on the level of programs like LSU, South Carolina, Texas, Ohio State, NC State, Baylor, Stanford, Notre Dame, etc. There are over 30 programs right now doing better than Tennessee. I don't think that is much to ask for. We lost 13 games this year.

It is pathetic to not expect that we are in that field of teams above.
I'm so confused by people acting like we just fired a final 4 coach. 3 out of 5 double digit loss seasons. 2 sweet 16s and 2 2nd round bounces. And trending downward. DW will make a good hire, and he's trying to salvage the Lady Vol brand instead of allowing it to fall to mediocrity.

They could maybe see if they are adding anything of value that hasn’t been said 10000x already. Maybe read and use the like button or quote and say “I agree”…

Like move on at this point
Okay, the notion that she got "screwed over" has been discussed just as much. Are you gonna keep this same energy for people on both sides?

Reactions: Ttucke11
Okay, the notion that she got "screwed over" has been discussed just as much. Are you gonna keep this same energy for people on both sides?
I don’t see those as often… unless in context of the next coach or something no one has actually said. But yeah MOVE ON AND PRAY

Okay, MMC may not be the most reliable source but her most recent story has a detail that i think she probably has reported accurately:

White met with Harper on Monday and told her the program was going in a different direction. The coach was blindsided by the decision as Harper and her staff were scheduling visits from players in the portal and meeting with players that afternoon, and Jewel Spear had just announced on Sunday evening that she was coming back for a fifth year. The process of preparing for recruiting and next season all came to a sudden halt.

I originally thought the Cora Hall buyout story was the signal of an imminent coaching change but then Jewel's announcement seemed to signal the opposite. But, now we know.

Everyday that goes by makes it a little trickier for the next coach to have a competitive roster next season.

Last edited:
Okay, MMC's may not be the most reliable source but her most report has a detail that i think she probably has reported accurately:

I originally thought the Cora Hall buyout story was the signal of an imminent coaching change but then Jewel's announcement seemed to signal the opposite. But, now we know.

Everyday that goes by makes it a little trickier for the next coach to have a competitive roster next season.
By the way, do we know if the meeting took place face to face or via Zoom?

Reactions: madtownvol
I would certainly hope face-to-face. Getting fired via zoom would be kind of disrespectful, one step above a text message.
Yeah, the reason I asked is because I thought it was confirmed that Danny was with the men's team on Monday so wouldn't even be available for in person. I agree that it's quite disrespectful not to do it face to face, but we see how corporate America does layoffs (disconnect network access and then send out an email blast), so it wouldn't surprise me either.

By the way, do we know if the meeting took place face to face or via Zoom?
He probably should have been back from Detroit on Monday so I would imagine face to face if MC’s story is accurate about portal targets coming to Knoxville. I also find it hard to believe that she was completely blindsided. Were there no discussions with Kellie at all about how things were going? Obviously, she probably thought she was getting another year, but there had to have been discussions about where the program was at and things of that nature. There had to have been some idea in her mind.

Yeah, the reason I asked is because I thought it was confirmed that Danny was with the men's team on Monday so wouldn't even be available for in person. I agree that it's quite disrespectful not to do it face to face, but we see how corporate America does layoffs (disconnect network access and then send out an email blast), so it wouldn't surprise me either.
When did the men’s team arrive back from Detroit?

Oh, that is interesting and quite disappointing if he really fired KJH in a vid conference. He has access to a private jet so maybe he was able to be there in person.

How you handle your prior employees can have some bearing on who wants to work with you in the future....

Okay, MMC's may not be the most reliable source but her most recent story has a detail that i think she probably has reported accurately:

There will still be a ton of action in the portal for awhile, before the cutoff. There is time. And last I looked, still a few big targets avail in the 24 class. Everything will become much clearer in the next 3 weeks.

Not sure. Then again, I believe it was our knowledgeable insider (who has since ghosted the board) who said that Danny wouldn't even be in Knoxville.
I just checked the men’s twitter account, and they posted pictures of what seems to be the team arriving back late Sunday night and fans waiting on them.

Reactions: Amb3096
Looks like the men team was back on Sunday so that fact was incorrect.

VN Store

Back