Coach Kellie Harper

Do you want Coach Harper to return or hire new Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
She didn't handle it well when Rickea was out. They absolutely need another big time scorer from the portal to help balance the team.
Not necessarily. Jewell just needs to be more consistent. She is a dangerous 3 pointer shooter with the speed, strength and skill to put the ball on the floor and drive to the hoop. That is a tough combination to guard. If you player her tight on the perimeter she can drive into the paint and if you give her space she can get her outside shot off. When Rickea was out, she was still isolating herself on the perimeter for the most part but she has of late been more willing to drive, So next season, if she is fairly consistent in her outside shot, she will be a handful.

Not necessarily. Jewell just needs to be more consistent. She is a dangerous 3 pointer shooter with the speed, strength and skill to put the ball on the floor and drive to the hoop. That is a tough combination to guard. If you player her tight on the perimeter she can drive into the paint and if you give her space she can get her outside shot off. When Rickea was out, she was still isolating herself on the perimeter for the most part but she has of late been more willing to drive, So next season, if she is fairly consistent in her outside shot, she will be a handful.
She’s even a deadly mid range shooter, she just needs to put it all together.

Here’s your daily dose of reality from outside the safety of this forum:

Attachments

• IMG_9515.jpeg
    IMG_9515.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9514.jpeg
    IMG_9514.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9513.jpeg
    IMG_9513.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9512.jpeg
    IMG_9512.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9511.jpeg
    IMG_9511.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9510.jpeg
    IMG_9510.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9509.jpeg
    IMG_9509.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9508.jpeg
    IMG_9508.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 53
Jewel shot 32.6% from the floor without Rickea vs. shooting 45.6% with her. She shot 29.1% from 3 without Rickea vs. shooting 38.2% with her. Granted those games without Rickea were possibly the toughest stretch of our schedule, so it was against mostly really tough competition. Just another piece of evidence of how much better we could’ve done in that early stretch if we’d had Rickea, since she makes everyone else better.

Agree with others we need another scorer(s) from the portal to take the defensive pressure off Jewel.

No
Jewel shot 32.6% from the floor without Rickea vs. shooting 45.6% with her. She shot 29.1% from 3 without Rickea vs. shooting 38.2% with her. Granted those games without Rickea were possibly the toughest stretch of our schedule, so it was against mostly really tough competition. Just another piece of evidence of how much better we could’ve done in that early stretch if we’d had Rickea, since she makes everyone else better.

Agree with others we need another scorer(s) from the portal to take the defensive pressure off Jewel.
No debate here but I anticipating what Jewell can become next season— imagine that has best games this season become her baseline next season.

Reality from Xitter? That is the ultimate platform for bad hot takes. According to this platform, lizard aliens are controlling our thoughts through 5G cell towers.

Laugh all you want, but we have a VERY active athletic department on social media and Vol fans have been in Danny White’s ear ALL season. If you don’t think the fan base that brought you Schiano Sunday can make some noise then you’re being coy.

Last edited:
Laugh all you want, but we have a VERY active athletic department on social media and Vol fans have been in Danny White’s ear ALL season. If you don’t think the fan base that brought you Schiano Sunday can make some noise then you’re being coy.

DUDE, have some sense of proportion. Schiano was embroiled in the Penn state child molestation scandal. A bit different from a coach whose crime is not bringing the LVs back to their NC glory days in her first 5 years. I don't think Danny White is going to be swayed by a "burn her" social media mob.

Danny White will make the tough decision on Kellie.

She most likely gets another season.

Saying that a poster stated on the verge of another 20 win season. Well about 80+85 teams will win 20+ games and the ones who don't are normally horrible to begin with.

Man you think this is bad Lucy, you should go checkout the replies to every lady vol basketball tweet. The people are mad, and we’re fighting back!
I would probably need a toddy first and then get in trouble!!!
Yes, you have to wonder whether some of these folks are not LV fans or just dim bulbs.

I would probably need a toddy first and then get in trouble!!!
Yes, you have to wonder whether some of these folks are not LV fans or just dim bulbs.

There’s always a mix of both. I don't mind folks having a differing opinions as long as they're not ridiculous or disrespectful. I do think some fans go too far.

Saying it again, the staff has to go. They are not getting anyone, but whose fault is it? There are plenty of high recruits with Tennessee on their list. Why, not because of the staff, but because of Tennessees reputation. They are coming for visits but choose to go someplace else. That is on the staff, and it seems they all come, but cannot commit to Tennessee. It's perfectly obvious, so this AD is an idiot if he cannot see this. NIL, forget it, it's just an excuse. If they are good enough when they play here, they will get their reward.
And if she stays the excuse will be the same or something else will be the problem next year

I think the deal with Rickea was that they paid for a lease for a car for a few months...not her getting a $70-80k car to own. That Mercedes deal was probably under $10k.

But I agree with your overall sentiments. What is the likelihood that Tennessee is the ONLY big-name school that all of sudden cannot get NIL funds for recruitment. When you compare other schools that they've lost recruits to...Virginia, Vanderbilt, Clemson, etc... that don't have the same history in WCBB as Tennessee, yet they're able to pony up money for recruits? Even LSU, since they got del Rosario and Velez before they won a NC. Doesn't add up.
I think it’s BS it don’t add up

Saying it again, the staff has to go. They are not getting anyone, but whose fault is it? There are plenty of high recruits with Tennessee on their list. Why, not because of the staff, but because of Tennessees reputation. They are coming for visits but choose to go someplace else. That is on the staff, and it seems they all come, but cannot commit to Tennessee. It's perfectly obvious, so this AD is an idiot if he cannot see this. NIL, forget it, it's just an excuse. If they are good enough when they play here, they will get their reward.
So you really think you get to be a part of this conversation?!?
Go back to the nonLV thread and stay there. Pretty sure your heart is really not into what is best for us.

Get NIL out of recruiting. It's corrupt nonsense. Paying big money to high-schoolers with the hope that they'll become good college players, when half of them won't? It's total BS. The activists are always looking for money for nothing. Bribing kids to sign with your school is not what college is supposed to be about. If that's what it has become, shame! They get a free college education--a huge benefit every other college student in America would be thrilled to have. Instead, most regular students have to take out loans to earn a college degree.
I agree with you, however, it is what it is and NIL is here to stay. It is a shame that money plays a huge part in recruiting but it is something college sports has to deal with. Sadly, KJH has not been much of a high school recruiter before NIL, so how can we expect much more during NIL? She does well in the portal but seems to be lacking at the D1 coaching level. It appears that she is no more than a mid-level coach, making a D1 salary. It is a good job if you can get it.

No

No debate here but I anticipating what Jewell can become next season— imagine that has best games this season become her baseline next season.

Could happen, but I wouldn't count on it. I thought Hollingshead would be a big plus for us this season. Instead, she's regressed and been
a non-factor most of the season. Powell has been more assertive and active--but her shooting hasn't really improved since last season---a couple of points overall, still bad from the 3. We have one forward with experience returning next year--Puckett, who can shoot but has athletic limitations. We'll badly need 1 or 2 athletic forward, and preferable one or two who can score.

Could happen, but I wouldn't count on it. I thought Hollingshead would be a big plus for us this season. Instead, she's regressed and been
a non-factor most of the season. Powell has been more assertive and active--but her shooting hasn't really improved since last season---a couple of points overall, still bad from the 3. We have one forward with experience returning next year--Puckett, who can shoot but has athletic limitations. We'll badly need 1 or 2 athletic forward, and preferable one or two who can score.
I really hope for Jillian she can turn it around next year. I was watching clips of our SEC Tournament win over LSU and she was very good! She made several big plays!

Danny White will make the tough decision on Kellie.

She most likely gets another season.

Saying that a poster stated on the verge of another 20 win season. Well about 80+85 teams will win 20+ games and the ones who don't are normally horrible to begin with.
Most probably play a cupcake schedule

Yes, Hollingshead has not made the step forward this season but Wynn has surpassed expectation; Puckett after a slow start is now playing at a higher and more consistent level than last season. Powell's shooting numbers are better than last season (but only marginally so). However, her overall level of play has gone way up. She has had a few dud games; a few excellent ones and has been solid for most of the rest. She is just a much better point guard.

But here is the important thing - Jillian, Jasmine, and Sara are not Jewell, That;s right, we are talking about different players and the relative improvement (or lack thereof) of players who are not Jewel does not tell us all that much about Jewell. Crazy huh?

Jewell has the offensive skill set none of the other players mentioned possess. She just needs to become more consistent and better understand when to call her number. She has had some games where she has shown flashes of brilliance. I am better she can become a major offensive force next season. But I don't think she will be alone. The portal will likely add another scoring threat but if not, I think we will be okay if Jewell is the number 1 option. Time will tell,

We should get Lawson. We should have hired her from the jump. We see how she is doing at Duke. She would be a great coach and she would recruit very well. Already respected by many high level recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back