Coach Kellie Harper

Do you want Coach Harper to return or hire new Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
DUDE, have some sense of proportion. Schiano was embroiled in the Penn state child molestation scandal. A bit different from a coach whose crime is not bringing the LVs back to their NC glory days in her first 5 years. I don't think Danny White is going to be swayed by a "burn her" social media mob.

You’re kidding yourself if you think that had any REAL reason as to why Vol fans revolted. You’re missing the point here. Take off your orange Kelli glasses and realize there are a LOT of people who want her gone.

...yeah, most of the people who want her gone here have never been to a game this year or a given dime to the NIL...get some skin in the game and you get to have an opinion.

You’re kidding yourself if you think that had any REAL reason as to why Vol fans revolted. You’re missing the point here. Take off your orange Kelli glasses and realize there are a LOT of people who want her gone.

You may be asking yourself what a softball tweet has to do with women’s basketball… Danny white is pouring money into every sport at TN. He wants a winning program. If I’m Kelli and I’m seeing this, I’m sweating bullets unless the team gets to a sweet 16

He fired the track coach after the men’s team finished the year ranked 3rd in the country, because the women’s team underachieved (at UT, only one coach runs both men’s and women’s track).

I can’t imagine someone as competitive as him is satisfied to be 5th in the SEC and an 8 seed in the NCAAT in year 5.

Unless we somehow upset a 1 seed in their gym to get back to the S16, I am not convinced he has already decided to bring her back next year like some other posters here have claimed.

Well I don't go to games because I despise crowds of people I don't know.

How much do you have to donate to have a opinion?

I donate every month to NIL ...
That’s a good question. I currently live far away from Knoxville, and I think the closest away game was still maybe 4 to 5 hours away, so I can’t just drop everything to go to a game. Also, not everyone has enough disposable income to contribute outside of kids and bills. I guess we need enough money to buy Vandy season tickets just to have good seats for one away game to have an opinion on the Lady Vols. Only the wealthy can participate, knoxvols!

Question!!! Does Tennessee require a donation in order to buy season tickets? I have season tickets at the XL center in Hartford. I am in the lower upper deck, and I am charged a $50 donation tacked on the ticket price. For a seat near the court, I believe the donation is about $1000 per seat. I don't know how they are using this money, but you cannot buy any season ticket without the donation tacked on.

Question!!! Does Tennessee require a donation in order to buy season tickets? I have season tickets at the XL center in Hartford. I am in the lower upper deck, and I am charged a $50 donation tacked on the ticket price. For a seat near the court, I believe the donation is about $1000 per seat. I don't know how they are using this money, but you cannot buy any season ticket without the donation tacked on.
Yes! I know the size of the donation increases with proximity to the court, but I can’t say how much our donation was because if I knew we probably wouldn’t have season tickets (I am cheap…🤦🏼‍♀️)

That’s a good question. I currently live far away from Knoxville, and I think the closest away game was still maybe 4 to 5 hours away, so I can’t just drop everything to go to a game. Also, not everyone has enough disposable income to contribute outside of kids and bills. I guess we need enough money to buy Vandy season tickets just to have good seats for one away game to have an opinion on the Lady Vols. Only the wealthy can participate, knoxvols!
Lol yea I'm rolling in the money. Poster stated you shouldn't have an opinion unless you went to games or donate to NIL .

The bread crumbs I donate probably allows me no opinion.🤣🤣🤣

We should get Lawson. We should have hired her from the jump. We see how she is doing at Duke. She would be a great coach and she would recruit very well. Already respected by many high level recruits.
Who wants to tell this poster?
Question!!! Does Tennessee require a donation in order to buy season tickets?

Yes! I know the size of the donation increases with proximity to the court, but I can’t say how much our donation was because if I knew we probably wouldn’t have season tickets (I am cheap…🤦🏼‍♀️)
I don't pay a donation in relation to season tickets and I'm 15 rows off the court, Unless it's rolled in to the price of the tickets I'm not required any seperate donation. Maybe I just got lucky and they forgot.

Lol yea I'm rolling in the money. Poster stated you shouldn't have an opinion unless you went to games or donate to NIL .

The bread crumbs I donate probably allows me no opinion.🤣🤣🤣
I mean if I had the means I would do more. I have been able to go to a handful of games over my decades of being a Lady Vols fan. I didn’t realize your level of wealth determines your fan participation 🤷‍♂️

...yeah, most of the people who want her gone here have never been to a game this year or a given dime to the NIL...get some skin in the game and you get to have an opinion.
Arrogant post. Not sure you’re in touch with the Tennessee fan base.

Reactions: Deebowbear
What? Please enlighten us to the "real reason". The whole Schiano backlash happened basically over a single weekend with the UT board of regents, the Chancellor, and the state legislature expressing anger over the hire. That just does not happen because fans express a general unhappiness on social media, nor does the AD responsible for the hire get fired immediately. But hey let's go with your insider knowledge about the "real reason". The "fans" got Jeremy Pruitt who went 5-7, 7-5, 3-7 and NCAA sanctions for recruiting violations before being fired. Maybe the "fans" ain't always so smart.

I find it quite comical that you accuse someone of having on blinders when you interpret a well documented event and outcome in such a ludicrous fashion.

The Tennessee/Schiano fiasco: A timeline of how it went down

...Yes, the donation is rolled in with the ticket now, just like football.

Who wants to tell this poster?

I don't pay a donation in relation to season tickets and I'm 15 rows off the court, Unless it's rolled in to the price of the tickets I'm not required any seperate donation. Maybe I just got lucky and they forgot.

Thanks for your support of the LVBHC. EVERY donation counts, no matter how big or small. It's great that you give on a monthly basis!

Well I don't go to games because I dont like being around crowds of people I don't know.

How much do you have to donate to have a opinion?

I donate every month to NIL ...

Not what I meant.

The AD is more concerned about fan support, through attendance and/or donations, than the opinions of internet coaches who critique with their keyboards!

I mean if I had the means I would do more. I have been able to go to a handful of games over my decades of being a Lady Vols fan. I didn’t realize your level of wealth determines your fan participation 🤷‍♂️

That’s bs Pat liked to win she would not be happy with this program
I never said Pat would be happy, but she would not be rolling over in her grave either. Pat is the smartest person to ever coach women's basketball, and even she did not get her first national championship until she had 14 years at Tennessee. I know for a fact that she would be encouraging Kellie to keep at this, despite the adversity she has faced. I knew Pat - know her family. This is exactly what she would have said to Kellie.

...Any donation helps, big or small.

Also, you might want to check the price of Vandy WBB season tickets...it's about not much more than what they try to charge us for the one game against Tennessee...plus you can sell the tickets for their home games against USCe/LSU/UConn, etc. and recoup the cost! I do this for football, too...the only downside is they made me a member of the National Commodore Club. ;)

Well said!

I never said Pat would be happy, but she would not be rolling over in her grave either. Pat is the smartest person to ever coach women's basketball, and even she did not get her first national championship until she had 14 years at Tennessee. I know for a fact that she would be encouraging Kellie to keep at this, despite the adversity she has faced. I knew Pat - know her family. This is exactly what she would have said to Kellie.

...Any donation helps, big or small.

Also, you might want to check the price of Vandy WBB season tickets...it's about not much more than what they try to charge us for the one game against Tennessee...plus you can sell the tickets for their home games against USCe/LSU/UConn, etc. and recoup the cost!
It is still extremely privileged to be able to afford two teams’ season tickets. I hope you can understand that. I think you are coming from a perspective that not everyone can afford or do. I don’t begrudge you that, but you might want to consider that even small donations can affect someone’s bank account and does not determine their fan level.

Not what I meant.

The AD is more concerned about fan support, through attendance and/or donations, than the opinions of internet coaches who critique with their keyboards!
Again, you should choose your words more carefully instead of throwing parting shots at fans that you have no idea about their circumstances. It comes off extremely privileged to say only those who can afford such things should have opinions.

Reactions: Deebowbear
I think that I explained how I actually made money on the Vandy season tickets...no 'privilege' involved.

It is still extremely privileged to be able to afford two teams’ season tickets. I hope you can understand that. I think you are coming from a perspective that not everyone can afford or do. I don’t begrudge you that, but you might want to consider that even small donations can affect someone’s bank account and does not determine their fan level.

Reactions: Lucy
I think that I explained how I actually made money on the Vandy season tickets...no 'privilege' involved.

I have one question, what do you pay for your membership on this board? I would think that anyone that could afford that could donate a small amount to the LVBHC.
Ummm, This board is free…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back