Coaching Carousel in Hindsight, turned into.. something else

PawPawVol69

Reports from major sporting news outlets saying Jon Gruden is resigning as the head coach of the Raiders. This may undoubtedly end his coaching career with the surfacing of the emails he sent back in 2010-2011.

I know we are early on in the Heupel tenure, but this hire still looks so much better than the other "names" that were always bounced around during coaching surfaces.

Jon Gruden, Tony Elliot, PJ Fleck, Matt Campbell, Mike Leach, Gus Malzahn, Tom Herman, etc etc etc.
The list of names goes on and on and it is encouraging to see what originated as a "boring hire" to what Heupel has done thus far.

Still ALOT of football to go and he still is super early in his tenure, but compared to some of the "popular" names and their performance at other schools/NFL, the Danny White and Josh Heupel hires are looking better than ever today.

Reports from major sporting news outlets saying Jon Gruden is resigning as the head coach of the Raiders. This may undoubtedly end his coaching career with the surfacing of the emails he sent back in 2010-2011.

I know we are early on in the Heupel tenure, but this hire still looks so much better than the other "names" that were always bounced around during coaching surfaces.

Jon Gruden, Tony Elliot, PJ Fleck, Matt Campbell, Mike Leach, Gus Malzahn, Tom Herman, etc etc etc.
The list of names goes on and on and it is encouraging to see what originated as a "boring hire" to what Heupel has done thus far.

Still ALOT of football to go and he still is super early in his tenure, but compared to some of the "popular" names and their performance at other schools/NFL, the Danny White and Josh Heupel hires are looking better than ever today.

White was the key. We don’t get Heupel without him.

Off topic but I really don't agree with this. Gruden in my humble opinion should not be forced to resign because of something he said or emailed 10 years ago. I think this is really unfair because when this happened he didn't have this job.

disability don’t check old emails do they?

Anyone know how to delete history from like years ago?

disability don’t check old emails do they?

Anyone know how to delete history from like years ago?
Funny: one of my wife's friends forwarded an old email of mine to her the other day, while she was "cleaning up her old emails." Fortunately, it was a heartfelt message I had sent to several friends the day my oldest was born, 17 years ago.

I couldn't believe it was still in her old folders. I'm just glad none of that existed back when I was younger and really dumb, at times.

Off topic but I really don't agree with this. Gruden in my humble opinion should not be forced to resign because of something he said or emailed 10 years ago. I think this is really unfair because when this happened he didn't have this job.

This is such a ridiculous take. It was ok for him to be a racist piece of garage back in 2011? What’s the stature of limitations on making horrifically racist comments? This isn’t a situation where a white dude uses the “n word” amongst friends when he was a teenager.

I have no idea I just don't agree with it

If it were something like dangerous or seriously horrible……maybe.

But really old email and it seems he was trying to be funny…….in a tasteless way….come on.

Now maybe I’m missing something……I only saw the one thing…….and don’t get me wrong I don’t agree with it. However like you said…..10 years ago before he had the job.

Gruden's highly offensive emails were identified and uncovered in the NFL investigation of workplace practices at the Washington Football Team, forwarded to Mr. Allen at a time when Gruden was working for ESPN and working in the broadcast team of Monday Night Football.

It is unfortunate, but probably the end of the Grumors in Big Orange Country.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
This is such a ridiculous take. It was ok for him to be a racist piece of garage back in 2011? What’s the stature of limitations on making horrifically racist comments? This isn’t a situation where a white dude uses the “n word” amongst friends when he was a teenager.
I disagree man. I don't believe you should lose a job that you didn't have for an email from 10 years ago. My opinion but it doesn't make me right or wrong just my opinion

They uncovered more emails that he sent from 2011-2018. This isn't a one time thing.. he clearly has a pattern of behavior making racist, homophobic, and misogynistic comments. He has no one to blame but himself.

I for one am glad they did not hire that a$$clown.

He’s kind of a nerd. But Florida was in much better shape when he took over than Tennessee was when Pruitt or Heupel took over.

Leach is the one I really didn’t want and don’t understand why so many love him. He’s an ass. And he’s never won a damn thing in 20 years.

Reactions: Coach_Z

VN Store

Back