College Football is officially a joke

No but they could. They’ll get the chance to try which is FSU isn’t getting from the committee.
Every team wants a chance but that doesn't mean they deserve it. Uga has a much better case than fsu and we are about to see how true that is.

Don’t be too sure of that. A team that feels disrespected is a very dangerous beast. And I see Georgia being overconfident going in. This has 85 Sugar Bowl vibes written all over it
You don't think uga feels disrespected? If you think fsu is feeling disrespected now, wait until uga gets done with them.

Reactions: mackievol
You don't think uga feels disrespected? If you think fsu is feeling disrespected now, wait until uga gets done with them.
I don’t think Georgia feels disrespected as much as depressed. They had the Play-off spot in their pocket and let it slip away. Going into the Orange bowl after a let down is not the same as going in after a win where you were denied the prize. All just my opinion of course which is worth exactly what you paid for it 😉

Every team wants a chance but that doesn't mean they deserve it. Uga has a much better case than fsu and we are about to see how true that is.
Based on what? UGA beat Ole Miss at home and Missouri at home. FSU beat LSU at LSU, which is better than either of those wins for UGA. FSU won the ACC, UGA didn’t win the SEC. FSU is 13-0, UGA is 12-1. The only case UGA has is that they’re “better” than FSU but there’s nothing other than guessing that proves it.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Based on what? UGA beat Ole Miss at home and Missouri at home. FSU beat LSU at LSU, which is better than either of those wins for UGA. FSU won the ACC, UGA didn’t win the SEC. FSU is 13-0, UGA is 12-1. The only case UGA has is that they’re “better” than FSU but there’s nothing other than guessing that proves it.
I can't explain football to you. Watch the game and then we'll talk.

Reactions: Drewbydoo
I can't explain football to you. Watch the game and then we'll talk.
So you can't answer why UGA has a better case than FSU. Understood, I didn't think you could back up that statement. It was actually a simple answer but if you think the outcome of FSU vs UGA's bowl game is going to tell us anything about the committee's decision then I can't explain football to you.

I think the proper way for GA to show that FSU is not a top 4 team at this time WITHOUT their starting QB is to score 10 points and then simply take a knee(victory formation) the rest of the game. 3 and out, punt it out of bounds. From what we saw Saturday night(the current FSU team, not the September team) there doesn't seem to be a chance FSU will score on GA.

I think the proper way for GA to show that FSU is not a top 4 team at this time WITHOUT their starting QB is to score 10 points and then simply take a knee(victory formation) the rest of the game. 3 and out, punt it out of bounds. From what we saw Saturday night(the current FSU team, not the September team) there doesn't seem to be a chance FSU will score on GA.
That'd be funny but wouldn't prove that FSU shouldn't have been in.

So is that what we're doing now. Hanging with Georgia as a measuring stick for FSU?
They happen to be the only game on the agenda to measure them with. Not sure where they or GA are on the motivation scale for this game, but one side of this debate or the other will play the post game cards dealt based on the final score. I am sure both were counting on getting in the final 4.

They happen to be the only game on the agenda to measure them with. Not sure where they or GA are on the motivation scale for this game, but one side of this debate or the other will play the post game cards dealt based on the final score. I am sure both were counting on getting in the final 4.

I would guess the motivation will be plenty. If you're Georgia you play an undefeated FSU, and if your FSU if you don't bring your A game against the defending champs then you will be boat raced.

From what we saw Saturday night(the current FSU team, not the September team) there doesn't seem to be a chance FSU will score on GA.
Rodemaker played Saturday night? I thought he was still in concussion protocol . . .

Last edited:
Rodemaker played Saturday night? I thought he was still concussion protocol . . .
That’s what I don’t get for those using the Louisville game as an indicator for how FSU would perform in the playoff. How many teams would look good when their 3rd string QB makes his first start in the championship game with an undefeated season and playoff berth on the line? Bama’s second string wasn’t remotely ready against South Florida, let alone their 3rd string.

That’s what I don’t get for those using the Louisville game as an indicator for how FSU would perform in the playoff. How many teams would look good when their 3rd string QB makes his first start in the championship game with an undefeated season and playoff berth on the line? Bama’s second string wasn’t remotely ready against South Florida, let alone their 3rd string.
He showed no promise against Florida. The committee had a chance to see both of FSU's backups and they made the right decision.

He showed no promise against Florida. The committee had a chance to see both of FSU's backups and they made the right decision.
1 game on the road at the Swamp at night is hardly an easy task for a first time starter. Made the right decision based on what? The committee didn’t apply their supposed standard consistently. If they did, UGA would be in.

1 game on the road at the Swamp at night is hardly an easy task for a first time starter. Made the right decision based on what? The committee didn’t apply their supposed standard consistently. If they did, UGA would be in.
Remember your conference pride, hUTch2002! You'll wear your Bama crimson and like it!

Reactions: hUTch2002
Don’t be too sure of that. A team that feels disrespected is a very dangerous beast. And I see Georgia being overconfident going in. This has 85 Sugar Bowl vibes written all over it
Miami was playing for a national championship. Nothing remotely similar.

Everybody is crying about FSU not getting in but I haven't seen anything about a Michigan team that had a HC suspended for what 5-6 games this year for cheating and yet they are let in to the playoffs like nothing happened ?

Reactions: hUTch2002
You keep saying this but how is 38-31 getting boat raced? Did Bama boat race Auburn the same week?
Did you watch that game? It wasn't that close. Getting beat by a 7-5 kentucky team doesnt make an FSU win against Louisville a quality win.

Had FSU looked like they had a pulse, they would have gotten in, but at o e.poi t there were 10 first downs between both teams and 11 punts.

VN Store

Back