College Hoops Around The Country [TN opponents, RPI, others]

For those who remember Adam Howard, former Tennessee assistant coach who was the whistle-blower that testified to the NCAA investigators against his boss, Donnie Tyndall, he was just hired onto Fred Hoiberg's staff at Nebraska.

He is actually from the small town in Kentucky where I live (coincidentally, so is Tyndall's ex-wife...the girl he married immediately after landing the Tennessee job).

I'm surprised he ever landed another high-major job. He was at Jacksonville State, most recently. Most guys who do what he did are permanently blackballed from the profession.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
For those who remember Adam Howard, former Tennessee assistant coach who was the whistle-blower that testified to the NCAA investigators against his boss, Donnie Tyndall, he was just hired onto Fred Hoiberg's staff at Nebraska.

He is actually from the small town in Kentucky where I live (coincidentally, so is Tyndall's ex-wife...the girl he married immediately after landing the Tennessee job).

I'm surprised he ever landed another high-major job. He was at Jacksonville State, most recently. Most guys who do what he did are permanently blackballed from the profession.

It’s a bit less surprising considering Fred Hoiberg is on a scorching hot, lava-soaked seat so he is probably taking chances to save his job. But, yeah. It’s weird nonetheless.

It’s a bit less surprising considering Fred Hoiberg is on a scorching hot, lava-soaked seat so he is probably taking chances to save his job. But, yeah. It’s weird nonetheless.
On the other hand, with Hoiberg being on the hot seat, it seems like he'd be getting someone a little more high-profile. I can't see how Adam Howard moves the needle much.

On the other hand, with Hoiberg being on the hot seat, it seems like he'd be getting someone a little more high-profile. I can't see how Adam Howard moves the needle much.

True. Maybe with him being on the hot seat people aren’t willing to coach with him so he had no choice but to hire a known whistleblower lol.

This is crazy. UNC had 1 Q1 win much of the season and had a Q4 loss (Pitt) at home. There was discussion with a few weeks left in the regular season that they weren’t going to make the NCAAT.

This is crazy. UNC had 1 Q1 win much of the season and had a Q4 loss (Pitt) at home. There was discussion with a few weeks left in the regular season that they weren’t going to make the NCAAT.
I haven’t watched enough of them to now what happened. But supposedly they decided to start playing defense?

Reactions: Big time vol
I haven’t watched enough of them to now what happened. But supposedly they decided to start playing defense?

That’ll do it. Same thing happened this year to the Celtics. Middle of the season they became the best defensive team in the league, sustained that, and Tatum came out of his slump.

From losing record to the 2 seed

It honestly wouldn’t shock me. Dude got the rockstar farewell tour and gets pissed because his arch rival humiliates him on his night at Cameron Indoor, then proceeds to be his final loss and prevent the storybook ending in the Final Four. I thought it was hilarious and found myself rooting for the freaking Tar Heels of all teams. Coach K is a grade A douchebag if he pulls the rug out from Scheyer.

Last edited:
If he were to return, it would be a really bad look for him. Most people would see it for what it is…he is a sore loser and was embarrassed and doesn’t like that. The media would try and spin it though.

He also looked just awful and really old the last part of the season. If anything, he needs to retire for his own health. He could barely move at times.

Reactions: VolPack22
If he were to return, it would be a really bad look for him. Most people would see it for what it is…he is a sore loser and was embarrassed and doesn’t like that. The media would try and spin it though.

He also looked just awful and really old the last part of the season. If anything, he needs to retire for his own health. He could barely move at times.
I agree about his health. He’s been having issues for nearly 20 years. Collapsed on the court in 2005. Dizzy spells in 2014. Had to let Scheyer finish coaching a game this season due to what he called “exhaustion”. I think he might have a disease that he hasn’t publicly disclosed.

VN Store

Back