Colorado’s chaotic culture

Also #CJK5H

He’s getting checks written is my point . His influence goes well beyond the football field. How much more $ was brought to Boulder businesses last season bc of Deion and all of his bs? A helluva lot.

People always questioned Saban’s worth at Bama . They were both right and wrong . Saban was probably worth about $20 million per at Bama by the amount out of state applications that were increased during his time there.

Deion will never be let go unless someone is murdered . He will quit or take a job somewhere else. This is not me sticking up for Deion or what Colorado is doing, but more of an observation on the priorities of college athletics right now.

Do you have any numbers to support enrollment increased? Applications may help USPS make money, but what’s in it for Colorado?

After reading that article, it appears that applications have been steadily increasing since the legalization of marijuana by the state. You’re reading too much into Dione’s espn publicity. No one is moving across the country for a 4 win football team.

Last edited:
Reactions: BruisedOrange
Do you have any numbers to support enrollment increased? Applications may help USPS make money, but what’s in it for Colorado?

After reading that article, it appears that applications have been steadily increasing since the legalization of marijuana by the state. You’re reading too much into Dione’s espn publicity. No one is moving across the country for a 4 win football team.
The 2024 enrollment numbers aren't in yet, obviously. You really think they're gonna see huge increases in application numbers and take none of those students?

The 2024 enrollment numbers aren't in yet, obviously. You really think they're gonna see huge increases in application numbers and take none of those students?

They may take some of the students, but they’re not taking additional students. I don’t think you can take those numbers to prove anything other than they received more papers in the mail. I can apply tomorrow without having took the SAT or ACT in 25 years. Doesn’t mean a thing.

Last edited:
I think you mean Sanders didn’t get headlines for winning at Colorado.
View attachment 664938
Were you paying attention to the first 3 games? There were idiots on Twitter saying Colorado could make the CFP when they were 3-0.
They may take some of the students, but they’re not taking additional students. I don’t think you can take those numbers to prove anything other than they received more papers in the mail. I can apply tomorrow without having took the SAT or ACT in 25 years. Doesn’t mean a thing.
It means there is way increased interest in going there, which is half the battle. You could have applied, but guess what, you didn't.

Feel free to read the other articles talking about how much their revenue (both actual dollars in the coffer but also the increased media attention). You clearly don't like Deion and have major schadenfreude, which is fine (I don't care for him either), but that doesn't mean their hire of him was a complete disaster.

Were you paying attention to the first 3 games? There were idiots on Twitter saying Colorado could make the CFP when they were 3-0.

It means there is way increased interest in going there, which is half the battle. You could have applied, but guess what, you didn't.

Feel free to read the other articles talking about how much their revenue (both actual dollars in the coffer but also the increased media attention). You clearly don't like Deion and have major schadenfreude, which is fine (I don't care for him either), but that doesn't mean their hire of him was a complete disaster.

I paid attention to the TCU score. I did not pay much attention to the idiots on twitter.

The only reason we’re talking about Colorado right now is because it’s gone so poorly that they’re competing for spotlight with a team that does matter right now - the Georgia Bulldogs. The only thing those two have in common is legal problems.

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
I paid attention to the TCU score. I did not pay much attention to the idiots on twitter.

The only reason we’re talking about Colorado right now is because it’s gone so poorly that they’re competing for spotlight with a team that does matter right now - the Georgia Bulldogs. The only thing those two have in common is legal problems.
The reason people are talking about Colorado right now is because Deion is the coach there. It's also the reason why 3-0 was a big deal.

If John Q. Public was their coach and this stuff was happening, then it's a story in Boulder, but that's it.

Remember when "Coach Prime" made his new Colorado roster attend a meeting just so he could film himself rolling in to tell them all they sucked and to "pack their bags"? Remember when he taunted those same players about being replaced by his guys from Jacksonville State? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Colorado deserves every misfortune ahead of them. They sold whatever program they had out for a few minutes of "Prime Time." The just desserts, and they are very just, will be immeasurable on this one.

Also #CJK5H

He’s getting checks written is my point . His influence goes well beyond the football field. How much more $ was brought to Boulder businesses last season bc of Deion and all of his bs? A helluva lot.

People always questioned Saban’s worth at Bama . They were both right and wrong . Saban was probably worth about $20 million per at Bama by the amount out of state applications that were increased during his time there.

Deion will never be let go unless someone is murdered . He will quit or take a job somewhere else. This is not me sticking up for Deion or what Colorado is doing, but more of an observation on the priorities of college athletics right now.
How long will the checks roll in if nothing changes in the win/lose column? That’s my point, im not saying he’s getting fired tomorrow but I’ll be shocked if he isn’t on the hot seat in a couple years

That’s if he’s still there, I could totally see him bolting for greener pastures at the first opportunity

They need a 30 for 30 for Deions time at Colorado at this point. All style and no substance.... Nothing surprises me anymore with Deion.

Remember how ESPN milked the Prime arrival with a lot of early season hype and games. Made a lot of money off of him...

Now we'll see if they are afraid of PO'ing the Prime or will they use this poor excuse for a coach and program to make a lot more money

Remember when "Coach Prime" made his new Colorado roster attend a meeting just so he could film himself rolling in to tell them all they sucked and to "pack their bags"? Remember when he taunted those same players about being replaced by his guys from Jacksonville State? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Colorado deserves every misfortune ahead of them. They sold whatever program they had out for a few minutes of "Prime Time." The just desserts, and they are very just, will be immeasurable on this one.

Reactions: feathersax
And Paul Finebaum called for Deon to get the Alabama job. We could all wish for that. Both PF and Deion are complete idiots. Deon will be out of coaching by the end of 2024.

I lost any respect I had left for Deion(which wasn't much)when he started telling recruits they should play for a coach that "looks like them". He isn't a football coach and Colorado isn't a football team...this is a dog and pony show. He is using the last of his marketable worth like a cash cow. It will crash and burn like anything else that has no real substance. It will be entertaining, but he will have ruined the futures of a lot of good kids when the smoke clears.

How long will the checks roll in if nothing changes in the win/lose column? That’s my point, im not saying he’s getting fired tomorrow but I’ll be shocked if he isn’t on the hot seat in a couple years

That’s if he’s still there, I could totally see him bolting for greener pastures at the first opportunity
He's gotta win to do that

And Paul Finebaum called for Deon to get the Alabama job. We could all wish for that. Both PF and Deion are complete idiots. Deon will be out of coaching by the end of 2024.
He also said Deion should get the SC job if Lincoln Riley doesn’t work out. You talk about a circus. That would be wild.

Reactions: Score50

I don't think they care. They've already made a ton of money, probably more than they expected, off of the spectacle.

Fans of big football schools (like us) have a harder time understanding what success means at a place where football doesn't mean everything. Colorado won 5 games in the 2 seasons before Deion got there and hasn't been relevant in the sport in any way for at least 25 years. They hired a guy who generated attention, got people talking about their program, got lots more revenue into the coffers, and even for a hot second had some serious people thinking they were actually a good team. At Tennessee, that isn't success but at Colorado it is. They've already achieved a lot of what they wanted to with Deion.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I don't think they care. They've already made a ton of money, probably more than they expected, off of the spectacle.

Fans of big football schools (like us) have a harder time understanding what success means at a place where football doesn't mean everything. Colorado won 5 games in the 2 seasons before Deion got there and hasn't been relevant in the sport in any way for at least 25 years. They hired a guy who generated attention, got people talking about their program, got lots more revenue into the coffers, and even for a hot second had some serious people thinking they were actually a good team. At Tennessee, that isn't success but at Colorado it is. They've already achieved a lot of what they wanted to with Deion.

How long do you think until it’s not viewed as success? Colorado was the second best team in the Big 12 for years. Moving to the PAC 12 helped them make more money than they could have made with Big 12, but they quickly became irrelevant.

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
How long do you think until it’s not viewed as success? Colorado was the second best team in the Big 12 for years. Moving to the PAC 12 helped them make more money than they could have made with Big 12, but they quickly became irrelevant.
If he continues to lose games that he should win (like Stanford and Washington St last year), then people will stop plausibly believing that he might deliver an upset in one of the bigger games. Deion is the ultimate "perception is more important than reality" guy, but in order to get people to perceive him how he wants to, he actually has to deliver occasionally. If he has trouble taking care of inferior or similarly-talented teams, then even his fanboys will give up and move on to something else.

Like @RDU VOL#14 said somewhere else, I think this ND St game is gigantic for him. The optics of losing to an FCS team would be horrible. Actually these opening 3 games are all gigantic for him, because 2 of them are rivalry games against teams he beat last year. If he goes, say, 1-2 in the first 3 games (which is entirely possible), I think even his big supporters will lose interest.

He also enormously benefited from playing TCU in the season opener, before it was obvious to everyone they were nowhere near as good as the team that played for the title in 2022. I think people knew they obviously weren't as good, but I think everyone underestimated how big the drop off was.

VN Store

Back