Concerned about our QB situation!

1truevol

I'm really concerned about our QB situation. I love Coach Jones and I'm sure Worley's a great kid BUT.....I don't think he's the long term answer. Yes, he can "manage" the offense and make the intermediate throw (although not very accurately)...but I seriously doubt he's going to be the playmaker that we need under center. His arm strength seems to be a serious issue, as does his ability to handle pressure in the pocket. I'm sure many may disagree and say "he's young, it takes time, yada yada...but I've seen too many young and inexperienced QBs make serious noise for their respective teams. I'm betting we have more "talent" waiting in the wings....even if they are "young and inexperienced" themselves. Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
I miss our beer bottle slingin' QB! Although, we bashed him at times, for every time he made a bad throw, he made ten good ones to counter. Oh well, have to lose something in order to appreciate it occasionally.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm really concerned about our QB situation. I love Coach Jones and I'm sure Worley's a great kid BUT.....I don't think he's the long term answer. Yes, he can "manage" the offense and make the intermediate throw (although not very accurately)...but I seriously doubt he's going to be the playmaker that we need under center. His arm strength seems to be a serious issue, as does his ability to handle pressure in the pocket. I'm sure many may disagree and say "he's young, it takes time, yada yada...but I've seen too many young and inexperienced QBs make serious noise for their respective teams. I'm betting we have more "talent" waiting in the wings....even if they are "young and inexperienced" themselves. Go Vols!

Missed the second half did ya? He may not be what you want but he put the game away when WKU got it to a 2 score game. He was really sharp on the first 2 possessions in 2nd half. He's getting better and will be fine. Maybe you should be the first to start a FIRE BUTCH! thread! Just sayin'

Reactions: 12 people
We have what we have, yes I'd like to see Worley throw the ball better but I'd also like to see improvement at several more key areas. We are going to have to do the best we can with the players we presently have, now with that being said, I'm looking forward to our future recruiting efforts to correct much of our lack of big time playmakers.....we're heading in the right direction!
Go Vols

Reactions: 2 people
Dropping the long ball doesn't help things...... That was a nice pass..... A momentum changer.....

Let's give JW some time to improve. It does not appear that Peterman is any better and if the two freshmen were so great, then one of them would have at least beat out Peterman for the second team spot. Worley does not have the strongest arm but I fully expect the staff to run more plays for JW that will allow him to be more successful. Great game today by the good guys in orange, go vols!

VN Store

Back