CONFIRMED: Tennessee IS wearing their new Smokey Grey’s Week 1 vs. Chattanooga

I'm guessing because of the theme. The point of the uniforms are to represent the entire state of Tennessee. Chattanooga is the only in-state team we play at home this year so might as well wear them against them, week one. That's the only reasoning I can come up with.

Completely reasonable and valid point, too bad some on here won't see it that way (FWIW, I completely agree with this).

It's weird. I feel like you should do the classic Uni week one. Also, if you're just going to wear the alt for the Cupcake game, what's the point of doing it at all? I like alts and don't want to see them go away. But this is a strange choice. I wish they'd go back to one alt uniform, one game per year.

Reactions: TAF
I'm guessing because of the theme. The point of the uniforms are to represent the entire state of Tennessee. Chattanooga is the only in-state team we play at home this year so might as well wear them against them, week one. That's the only reasoning I can come up with.
It's just DUMB against an In-State School...'Specially one that is part of the UT System...

Alt Unis vs Cupcakes is a Bad Look...IMHO!

PLUS...Home Openers should be in Classic Colors...once Again...IMHO!
In your opinion does not explain why your opinion is what it is.

Why is it bad to wear your alts against cupcake teams?

The idea you should only bust out the alts in the big games seems more "disrespectful" to the primary unis than the inverse.

VN Store

Back