CONFIRMED: Tennessee IS wearing their new Smokey Grey’s Week 1 vs. Chattanooga

My thoughts exactly! Why for a Stupid Noon game (for TV only) in August would you not wear White? And as I've said , why cant the Football Vols use the same awesome gray colors the Basevols wore at Omaha? Those were killer. And I agree, these "Gray" Unis are essentially black. Obviously somebody in charge just doesn't get it. Wear white damn... Use some common sense. Think about those players in pads and heat absorbing Black.

If the weather's anything like it has been this week, it won't be too bad. It has been surprisingly mild this week.

If the weather's anything like it has been this week, it won't be too bad. It has been surprisingly mild this week.
forecast right now shows low to mid 90's and humid... or a chance of rain/thunderstorms in the afternoon. wish it would be like it's been this week but looks like it's going to get hot again next week

love that my seats are in the sun lol

so go back to the good old days of wearing leather helmets, think not. Pretty sure George didn't wear a black or gray helmet so we can toss those.
In fact, I think the pictures serif him are with an orange helmets. I am old? But not old eyes to have seen him in uniforms.

In fact, I think the pictures serif him are with an orange helmets. I am old? But not old eyes to have seen him in uniforms.
Yes during George's playing days the helmet were orange but not the orange we are familiar with or likely even similar to the orange worn in 1922. Pantone colors weren't fully developed until 63.

The few photos out there show the terrible mismatch in color when the team worn orange jerseys with those helmets, something I see with the new orange helmets.

1724356027537.png

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Why Aren’t you wearing classic uniforms in week one!?​

I AGREE! It's The UTC Mocs for Christ's sake...

Just show up in Orange and White and Win, playing LOTS of players. should have used the Smokey Greys for NC State...

Why Aren’t you wearing classic uniforms in week one!?​

I AGREE! It's The UTC Mocs for Christ's sake...

Just show up in Orange and White and Win, playing LOTS of players. should have used the Smokey Greys for NC State...
Yes, they totally should use the smokey greys vs nc state at a neutral site

Reactions: Rocky Top T and TAF

VN Store

Back