Congratulations to our Oregon visitors and the Vol Nation for their mutual respect

Butch Jones is, in my opinion, the most innovative coach at Tennessee since Doug Dickey assumed the reins way back in 1964.

You had me at this......I feel this way too right now....but time will tell..... Dickey wasn't the best coach we have had at that time but he is responsible for just about everything since on some level, and a big part of our traditions.

Thanks. That ignoramus poster that calls himself "Portland Duck" gives us all a bad name. We're not all like that arrogant twerp. Can tell you if the team came into the game with his attitude they will be sweeping up duck feathers afterwards.

Tennessee is a huge step up from the last game. HUGE. Most duck fans understand this and give a team with a BCS national championship under its belt the respect it deserves. Even if it's a rebuilding season for Tennessee, we understand you are much better than most of our PAC foes, and that you play a brutal schedule year in and year out against numerous top opponents. Admittedly your schedule is much tougher than ours and we have no right to boast until we start regularly beating SEC teams and winning a national championship.

That being said, I think Oregon is finally running with the big dogs, and it'll only be a matter of time until we win a championship. I know Oregon is champing at the bit to make a statement to the SEC and the nation, to make Alabama and others sit up and take notice. Oregon has much to prove and I think we will come out like monsters and try to prove that against Tennessee. You're a great team and a great team deserves a great effort.

I HATE to say this, because I love my Vols. But I don't think that beating Tennessee (at least right now) is going to make much of a statement to the SEC or the rest of the country. Like you said, we're going through a rebuilding year (more like half decade, amirite?). On the other hand, if we managed to beat you guys, it would be a huge statement. The Ducks have way more to lose in this game than we do.

We will treat Vols well. We respect their program. We don't treat huskies well because we don't respect them. We remember your classless treatment of other teams in the PAC back in your heyday. Now look. UW hasn't beat UO in what, about 10 years? :disappointed: We're not even counting anymore because we don't consider you a rival. Stanford is, more or less. Husky fans are just a bunch of disgruntled losers. Your teams' are comparable to WSU's. And your new stadium won't help you when you play us. We'll break it in by breaking your necks.

Yep. That's about what I expect from a Duck fan. I'm definitely just "sidewalk alumni" when it comes to the UW (although, I do work there) so my passions don't run as deep as the rest of our fan base. Generally I try to be as accommodating as possible to visiting fans, but it's difficult when you offer someone a beer only to have them talk trash. I'm not sure UW can run with Oregon at this point, but beating the snot out of Boise St. should be enough to show that it won't be a cakewalk for UofO.

We are not in their conference and are not a perceived threat (I said perceived). Would be like us talking crap to Austin Peay or vice versa

Except when they're punching out Boise St. players on national tv.

So, you base the entire team's reputation on the actions of one individual who was already a known troublemaker and ended up getting suspended for almost an entire season?

Like saying the entire Texas A&M team is a bunch of cheats and cocky A-holes because Manziel plays for them.

Reactions: 1 person
I know Oregon is champing at the bit to make a statement to the SEC and the nation, to make Alabama and others sit up and take notice. Oregon has much to prove and I think we will come out like monsters and try to prove that against Tennessee. You're a great team and a great team deserves a great effort.

I'd prefer if you "made a statement" to Georgia, Bama or Florida that it be done in Sanford, Bryant-Denny or Ben Hill Griffin myself. :)

Except when they're punching out Boise St. players on national tv.

Is that a bad thing? Aren't they one the teams with the god awful blue field. I think anyone associated with a blue field program should be punched in the face everytime you see them for no other reason than that. JMO though.

Reactions: 2 people
I had the oppertunity to go to Knoxville in 2010. It was one of the best experiences I have had. The food, people, Neyland Stadium, and the traditions surrounding your program were all top-notch. Every team has their share of idiots and trash talkers, but I have been to several road games, and every BCS game, and have found your fans to be the best yet. I hope you have a great experience out here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Any VOL fans still here that are heading west, if you see a tailgate with a Duck Cross Bones flag, stop buy for a cold one. You are welcome to join us.

Also, there is a place we call the 'Shof (short for The Moshofsky Center ) where the Ducks practice indoors. It has cold beers and great food.

Hope to see some of you mingling around. It is literally behind the visitor section outside Autzen.

What time does that center open up?
I honestly don't know. Always out in the parking lot.

But here is from the Autzen FAQ

ED MOSHOFSKY SPORTS CENTER FOOD, BEVERAGE & ENTERTAINMENT

Join us at the "Mo" beginning three hours prior to kick off for live music, big screen TV's, real time scoreboard, dance performances, live radio broadcasts, interactive games and more!

Hand Crafted Chicken Buritos
Qdoba’s 3 Cheese Nachos
Fighting Duck Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
Wild Duck Café Cajun Chicken Caesar Wrap
Ron’s Island Grill Chicken Yakisoba
Huli Huli Chicken and Rice
Moshofsky Spiced Wings
Budweiser, Bud Light, Widmer Hefeweizen, and Drop Top Amber Ale
Red and White Wine by the glass

This game day event is among the best in the nation so invite your friends and bring the relatives, the Mo Center is the place to be for everyone

Food in the Shof is all from local restaurants who vend there and not the crap some stadiums serve.
Good local micros and Coors Light for mass consumption.
Coors Light has the contract now and is not Bud products.
No Hard alcohol. Just beer and wine.

Last edited:
I'll admit that after the arrogant behavior of husky fans over the years, I'm not inclined to be quite so nice when it comes to the husky fans. They've earned all the treatment they get from Duck and Beaver and Coug fans. Notice a trend?

The University of Washington voted Oregon out of the 1948 Rose Bowl and in the late 70s they lobbied the PAC-8 to drop Oregon and WSU. I believe they have also campaigned to have OSU dropped from the conference as well. Ask yourselves WHY?

Oh yeah. U-dub fans are quite arrogant. I feel ya.

I loved Oregon's fans that came to Knoxville. They had me at
x2_2a8902c-1.jpg

Reactions: 12 people
Oh yeah. U-dub fans are quite arrogant. I feel ya.

I've read their boards and they don't really seem to understand why the level of hate. It's not really hate for their football team or their state so much as it's hate for their smug attitude of entitlement that they, being from Seattle, think they are so much more better, smarter, healthier, wealthier, etc. etc. than everyone else, and their disdain for smaller college football towns like Eugene. Not surprising they have many USC Trojan fans trolling on their boards along with them. Los Angeles and Seattle think they are the only cities on the west coast that are worth anything. It's that which we hate more than anything else. And it's nice to bring them back down to Earth year in and year out by letting our football team beat the hell out of theirs.

Our fans are wimps, that's why there's mutual respect. Our fans are too cowardly to stand behind our Vols.

It's easy to find common ground when you both think the Ducks are going to flatten the Vols.

Screw the Ducks - we win by 32.

Vols 56- Ducks 24

This poster has some moxy.

I honestly don't know. Always out in the parking lot.

But here is from the Autzen FAQ

ED MOSHOFSKY SPORTS CENTER FOOD, BEVERAGE & ENTERTAINMENT

Join us at the "Mo" beginning three hours prior to kick off for live music, big screen TV's, real time scoreboard, dance performances, live radio broadcasts, interactive games and more!

Hand Crafted Chicken Buritos
Qdoba’s 3 Cheese Nachos
Fighting Duck Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
Wild Duck Café Cajun Chicken Caesar Wrap
Ron’s Island Grill Chicken Yakisoba
Huli Huli Chicken and Rice
Moshofsky Spiced Wings
Budweiser, Bud Light, Widmer Hefeweizen, and Drop Top Amber Ale
Red and White Wine by the glass

This game day event is among the best in the nation so invite your friends and bring the relatives, the Mo Center is the place to be for everyone

Food in the Shof is all from local restaurants who vend there and not the crap some stadiums serve.
Good local micros and Coors Light for mass consumption.
Coors Light has the contract now and is not Bud products.
No Hard alcohol. Just beer and wine.

Y'all are seriously gonna have to have some Rogue Dead Guy on site for me to show up. Food sounds great but support your local breweries.

:)

It's not really hate for their football team or their state so much as it's hate for their smug attitude of entitlement that they, being from Seattle, think they are so much more better, smarter, healthier, wealthier, etc.

Let me hate their state for ya......You couldn't make me live in Washington, or California for that matter....bunch of patchouli stinkin earth muffins if you ask me.... Outside of a few Biker areas in those states, Oregon and Idaho are the only areas on west coast I could see myself living in. Maybe Arizona too before California annexed it....too late for it now...

I've read their boards and they don't really seem to understand why the level of hate. It's not really hate for their football team or their state so much as it's hate for their smug attitude of entitlement that they, being from Seattle, think they are so much more better, smarter, healthier, wealthier, etc. etc. than everyone else, and their disdain for smaller college football towns like Eugene. Not surprising they have many USC Trojan fans trolling on their boards along with them. Los Angeles and Seattle think they are the only cities on the west coast that are worth anything. It's that which we hate more than anything else. And it's nice to bring them back down to Earth year in and year out by letting our football team beat the hell out of theirs.

San Francisco says hello. Capital of smugness.

You're joking, right?

Coming from the West coast, I can say that Oregon fans are some of the most classless, obnoxious fans in the Pac 12. They are a lot like Florida was in the 90's, having only recently discovering winning football. I'm glad that UT fans rolled out the red carpet for them, but I would be shocked to see them do the same for us.

I realize that growing up in Washington, and being a fan of Washington puts me in a difficult position... As a Vol alumni I want to think that Vol fans will be treated well, but I've seen how they act against their conference rivals, and it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

You've obviously never lived in Southern California.

VN Store

Back