Congratulations to our Oregon visitors and the Vol Nation for their mutual respect

This guy does not approve ..

lolkstate.0_standard_709.0.gif

Ha! Actually, the best part of that video, and it makes me LOL every time, is when the wife purses her lips and clearly says.. "Whoooo".

I have been lurking here off and on since before the Ducks played you all 2 years ago. Your fan base has become my favorite second to only my own team.

I literally opened this account just to say those words. Also, I want to tell you all that I am a Duck season ticket owner, and I am looking forward to this weekend because I cannot wait to show your fans in attendance some much deserved reciprocity with regards to hospitality.

I am sure you are already, but you should be proud of your fan base.

I have only been to your fine state one time. It was on business and I was in Chattanooga. My brother and I randomly came upon a football game, I cannot recall if it was a community college or high school team, but we were blown away how many people were in attendance. It was very cool. Also, everyone we dealt with was very gracious and kind.

Good luck this season.

Reactions: 7 people
There is only respect because it is such a lopsided matchup.

The one and only reason.

Ha! Actually, the best part of that video, and it makes me LOL every time, is when the wife purses her lips and clearly says.. "Whoooo".

I like playing the extended version of that play and watching the looks on the faces of those two Kansas State girls, the one that puts her hands on her cheeks in shock and the one with her hands crossed on her head holding her ponytail. Shock and awe.

The one and only reason.

Truth. If we had a chance in this game the trash talking idiots would far outweigh the respectful crowd. Luckily most of the board is being realistic about this matchup.

I've been pleased with the Duck visitors at VN - especially with how they have generally just ignored the posters that try to initiate a stir with them. That in itself shows class.
I wish you guys the best after this weekend. I wish other team's visitors showed as much class as most of you have.

BTW, Oregon has been my son's second favorite team for most of his life. Loves the unis and the style of play.

Reactions: 1 person
Y'all are seriously gonna have to have some Rogue Dead Guy on site for me to show up. Food sounds great but support your local breweries.

:)

There are local breweries other then the see through piss Coors Light. THis list is out of date. Coors for the ladies and Deschutes for the boys.

I think the micros are Deschutes Brewing now out of Bend Oregon. Deschutes beer is good. Far better then Rogue.

So dont chu worry, We got you covered.

If you have time in Eugene, check out Ninkasi Brewing and Steelhead Brewing. Ninkasi has some of the best 'F'ing beer out there.

Truth. If we had a chance in this game the trash talking idiots would far outweigh the respectful crowd. Luckily most of the board is being realistic about this matchup.

I agree that the idiots would come out. But I for one, am here because I was in Knoxville in 2010, and I met some incredible people and had a blast down there.

It's easy to point out the gaps in terms of the history of your program vs. ours. But I was in Neyland, I watched the Vol walk. For me, it was opportunity to witness what a program can become over time. We are infantile in our success, though I believe National Titles are in our future.

Much of the respect comes from seeing first-hand the class that your town and fans show visitors. I hope everyone that comes out here has a similar experience.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree that the idiots would come out. But I for one, am here because I was in Knoxville in 2010, and I met some incredible people and had a blast down there.

It's easy to point out the gaps in terms of the history of your program vs. ours. But I was in Neyland, I watched the Vol walk. For me, it was opportunity to witness what a program can become over time. We are infantile in our success, though I believe National Titles are in our future.

Much of the respect comes from seeing first-hand the class that your town and fans show visitors. I hope everyone that comes out here has a similar experience.

always nice to hear from a fan who doesn't deal with UT on a consistent basis. Sometimes a few bad years can make us forget what we've still got in Knoxville.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol. At least they don't pretend that the Berkeley Bears are something to write home about. But yeah, they can be pretty smug too. Funny how no one claims the Stanford Cardinal. Guess they're too geeky for SF.

Everybody's scared because the Stanford kids will be their bosses one day.

Reactions: 3 people
There are local breweries other then the see through piss Coors Light. THis list is out of date. Coors for the ladies and Deschutes for the boys.

I think the micros are Deschutes Brewing now out of Bend Oregon. Deschutes beer is good. Far better then Rogue.

So dont chu worry, We got you covered.

If you have time in Eugene, check out Ninkasi Brewing and Steelhead Brewing. Ninkasi has some of the best 'F'ing beer out there.

Speaking as one of the "ladies" out here, I absolutely HATE coors... I would rather drink water then coors or coors light! I love Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar. Not a big fan of Deschutes.

I have been lurking here off and on since before the Ducks played you all 2 years ago. Your fan base has become my favorite second to only my own team.

I literally opened this account just to say those words. Also, I want to tell you all that I am a Duck season ticket owner, and I am looking forward to this weekend because I cannot wait to show your fans in attendance some much deserved reciprocity with regards to hospitality.

I am sure you are already, but you should be proud of your fan base.

I have only been to your fine state one time. It was on business and I was in Chattanooga. My brother and I randomly came upon a football game, I cannot recall if it was a community college or high school team, but we were blown away how many people were in attendance. It was very cool. Also, everyone we dealt with was very gracious and kind.

Good luck this season.

Glad you enjoyed your time in Chattanooga. There is a smaller state school here (University of Tennessee at Chattanooga) which was probably the game you came upon. Though, some of the high school games also draw large crowds.

The one and only reason.

This, I remember the days on here when Miami and Tennessee was playing each other and the Cane fans were ruthless and we could back it up, those were the days.. Ended that home winning streak..

VN Store

Back