Coolest helmet in SEC

Redlegs

Keeping an I on Knoxville
With ESPN doing a helmet survey, I was wondering who everyone thought had the coolest helmet in the SEC. I have to go with Georgia, followed by Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.

On the national front, I think Michigan and Texas both have cool helmets. The longhorn logo is the best in the country, IMO.

Last edited:
I hate to say, but I think Auburn has the best helmet in the country.

FF_690_s.jpg

The UGA helmet isn't even original. I'd put it dead last.

My list:

Vandy (something about black & gold; though it don't do much for the player
underneath it)
UT (classic)
Bama (similarly classic, but in a really sucky way)
Arky (that sweaty, slobberin' hog just says "get outta my way")
LSU (always liked it)
Gators (kinda cool)
K-Y (oooh... sparkly.)
'barn (meh)
Ole Miss (meh)
State (changes around too much, but Sly is the man)
Carolina (meh)
UGA (Brett Favre called, he wants his helmet back)

The UGA helmet isn't even original. I'd put it dead last. UGA (Brett Favre called, he wants his helmet back)

I'm not disagreeing with you, but this is from the Georgia Athletics website:

Since the Georgia "G"- though different in design and color- was similar to Green Bay's "G", Coach Dooley thought it best to clear the use of Georgia's new emblem with the NFL team. Athletic Director Joel Eaves called for permission which was granted. However, since its inception in 1961, the Green Bay "G" has been redesigned several times and now looks like Georgia's original 1964 "G." Georgia is proud that the Packers apparently liked the special nuances of the Bulldogs' forward-looking "G."

To me, there is no helmet better to look at than a white one with orange T's on the side...and 2nd place is not even close.

Somehow a helment discussion is a bit more macho than the regular fashion debate, but it could be merged.

I like the Vols orange very well. Fat stripe all day long. Kentucky's helmet looks much better when they went to blue. Hope they never change it.

I love Tennessee's helmet, but Auburn's helmet and uniform are probably my second favorite. I've always sorta been partial to Auburn because my high school looked identical.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but this is from the Georgia Athletics website:

Since the Georgia "G"- though different in design and color- was similar to Green Bay's "G", Coach Dooley thought it best to clear the use of Georgia's new emblem with the NFL team. Athletic Director Joel Eaves called for permission which was granted. However, since its inception in 1961, the Green Bay "G" has been redesigned several times and now looks like Georgia's original 1964 "G." Georgia is proud that the Packers apparently liked the special nuances of the Bulldogs' forward-looking "G."

Grambling used it too. In other words, it's about as original as being the "Bulldogs."

With ESPN doing a helmet survey, I was wondering who everyone thought had the coolest helmet in the SEC. I have to go with Georgia, followed by Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.

On the national front, I think Michigan and Texas both have cool helmets. The longhorn logo is the best in the country, IMO.

The only favorite I have is the white helmet with the big orange T baby. I guess I am bias. For sure, the Georgia helmet would not be my pick though. Not much difference between a T and a G on a helmet in my opinion.

If I had to pick another besides Tennessee, it would probably be Ole Miss or Auburn.

This is mine in the big 6 conferences

ACC: FSU best in country hands down.
Big East: Pitt, classic but flashy
Big Ten: Michigan easy choice
Big Twelve: Texas Tech love the black and red
Pac-10: Washington St. love the cougar red that's cool
SEC: Ole Miss can't go wrong w/ blue and red, UT close second

This is mine in the big 6 conferences

ACC: FSU best in country hands down.
Big East: Pitt, classic but flashy
Big Ten: Michigan easy choice
Big Twelve: Texas Tech love the black and red
Pac-10: Washington St. love the cougar red that's cool
SEC: Ole Miss can't go wrong w/ blue and red, UT close second

I agree with you 66%. In the Big 10 I would have to go with Classic Penn State, but Michigan is a VERY close second. Big East I'd have to say West Virginia. I just have a liking for Blue football teams I guess....

VN Store

Back