Coolest helmet in SEC

I liked the idea behind this design..

XFL_Bolts.gif

Helmets and uniforms look cooler when they're won by great players....Miami and FSU haven't changed any part of their unis, but they looked a lot "cooler" 10 years ago.....And USC's unis look a lot "cooler" now than they did 10 years ago.....

In order, minus UT:

1. Auburn: I like the AU logo and really like the stripes.
2. Alabama: Vintage helmets perfectly match classic look, helps also that no other DI team sports numbers anymore.
3. Arkansas: I think they really have a synonymous logo, even if it is a pig.
4. LSU: I'm not crazy about theirs, but the syle is unique and the yellow matches well with the white unis.
5. Georgia: Although I do like the colors, its unfortunate they share their logo with the Packers, which takes away from the appeal.
6. Kentucky: I really like the shiney blue paint they use, but the UK logo sucks in my opinion.
7. Florida: Generally I'm just not a fan of words on on the sides of helmets, but they do get bonus points for the uniqueness of the orange.
8. South Carolina: The white is a definite upgrade over the garnet and black is too generic, but the logo is bad.
9. Vanderbilt: The star is a total Cowboys ripoff, but plus points for the anchor shaped award stickers, very country club, fits well.
10. Ole Miss: I hate them, they suck, see Florida.
11. Mississippi State: Hate them, that ribbon is very sissy.

In order, minus UT:

2. Alabama: Vintage helmets perfectly match classic look, helps also that no other DI team sports numbers anymore.
4. LSU: I'm not crazy about theirs, but the syle is unique and the yellow matches well with the white unis.
5. Georgia: Although I do like the colors, its unfortunate they share their logo with the Packers, which takes away from the appeal.
6. Kentucky: I really like the shiney blue paint they use, but the UK logo sucks in my opinion.
7. Florida: Generally I'm just not a fan of words on on the sides of helmets, but they do get bonus points for the uniqueness of the orange.
8. South Carolina: The white is a definite upgrade over the garnet and black is too generic, but the logo is bad.
9. Vanderbilt: The star is a total Cowboys ripoff, but plus points for the anchor shaped award stickers, very country club, fits well.

IMO, Ole Miss is in the top 5.

UT's followed by the sparkly Kentucky helmet. The black SC helmets weren't bad either.

Western Carolina has a pretty cool helmet.

and San Diego State's is just sick:

san-diego-state.jpg

Last edited:
UT's followed by the sparkly Kentucky helmet. The black SC helmets weren't bad either.

Western Carolina has a pretty cool helmet.

and San Diego State's is just sick:

san-diego-state.jpg

I've always liked that helmet!

In order, minus UT:

They've had the Star V since the late 60s...so I wouldn't entirely be sold on it being a "total ripoff".

Maybe not a total ripoff, but certainly the obvious similarities to America's Team makes it sorta copy cat-ish, especially after going over a decade without that star. I wonder if Vandy would have kept the start in the early 90s if the Cowboys had started their Super Bowl run a little eariler? Either way, they have a lousy tradition, making anything associated with their program lame.

Maybe not a total ripoff, but certainly the obvious similarities to America's Team makes it sorta copy cat-ish, especially after going over a decade without that star. I wonder if Vandy would have kept the start in the early 90s if the Cowboys had started their Super Bowl run a little eariler? Either way, they have a lousy tradition, making anything associated with their program lame.

Now that's just foolishness. They had the logo before the 90s, but because they brought back the old logo instead of the horrific logo, it's a ripoff because of what some team did in the interim when they weren't using the logo?

Are we ripping off Bobby Fischer because of the success he had in chess when we weren't using the checkerboards?

Now that's just foolishness. They had the logo before the 90s, but because they brought back the old logo instead of the horrific logo, it's a ripoff because of what some team did in the interim when they weren't using the logo?

Are we ripping off Bobby Fischer because of the success he had in chess when we weren't using the checkerboards?

You obviously failed to read what you quoted.

As far as I know we copied the checkerboards from Alabama.

If UT went to numbers on the side of the helmet, everyone on God's green earth would talk about how it would be an Alabama ripoff. Yet under what your saying it wouldn't, only because we did use numbers on the side for a short period of time before the "T". Like it or not, when teams are greatly successful, traditional, or popular, their logos become exclusively synonymous with them, i.e. the Cowboy's star, Bama's numbers, Michigan's helmet design, our checkerboard endzones. Most of these teams were not the first to use the logos or styles, but throughout the years have maintained them and are now are acknowledged as being theirs.

How do I get a pic under my name?????
Click on user cp (on black bar at top of page) then click on edit avatar. Upload whatever picture you want there from the internet or your computer. Can't use animated avatars.

I've got to agree with those who chose Vandy - good looking helmet IMHO.

LSU has the best field emblem with the Tiger Eye fading into the field

VN Store

Back