Corporate America Says Screw You

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Nothing new. Suck customers dry, while duping into believing you're doing them a favor. The food industry doesn't tell you they put dye in foods. Clothing industry doesn't tell they use slave labor. Airline industry wants to keep you ignorant of their charging you secret fees. Long live capitalism!

When you see a shirt that says made in any Asian country except Japan or Korea..that's them telling you it was made by not only slave labor, but most likely child slaves.

Thank American unions for that.
Sometimes but not necessarily. There are some very bad working conditions in for example Indonesia but most garment workers there don't have it that bad and are adults. That wasn't true 30 years ago though.
What did American garment workers unions do to shift production overseas?

Nothing new. Suck customers dry, while duping into believing you're doing them a favor. The food industry doesn't tell you they put dye in foods. Clothing industry doesn't tell they use slave labor. Airline industry wants to keep you ignorant of their charging you secret fees. Long live capitalism!
Southwest Airlines (LUV.N), which expressed support for provisions in the USDOT proposal, did not join the lawsuit.

Southwest Airlines (LUV.N), which expressed support for provisions in the USDOT proposal, did not join the lawsuit.
Yeah, well, I never said there were no good guy corporations. Shame they are so rare.

Of all the carriers I've flown, southwest is the least detestable.
My experience is the same. Not enough of them, but some airlines are good guys. I always had positive experiences with US Airways too.

Reactions: McDad
My experience is the same. Not enough of them, but some airlines are good guys. I always had positive experiences with US Airways too.
Don't think I've flown them.

My expectations for "good" airline travel is so low, just getting me there and back with no surprises is counted favorably.

LOL. How long has it been since you flew, Wilbur? I'll guess at least 8 years

I will be one of the last to defend the airline industry even though it is my livelihood. Flying sucks from the passenger's perspective. I get it. I am appalled at some of the crap that MY airline does. When I am forced out of the cockpit next summer, I probably won't go anywhere near an airplane. But what I will say is that it is providing exactly what the market demands. People want to go to see Dizney and take a family of 4 for $27.99. You might find 'cheap' fares, but you are going to get a 'cheap' experience. You want hot towels and warm nuts with a glass of champaign? You can have that. It just costs more. TBH, knowing what all is involved in getting an airplane off the ground and from point A to point B I am amazed that we make any money, but I'm just a driver.

But I'll give you something to think about. If the airlines have to disclose these fees and other revenue streams... and it somehow results in a reduction of revenue to the bottom line... what do you think is going to happen to the price to fly? As I understand it, most of those fees are not subject to certain federal taxes, so my guess is that this is another example of the .gov going on a fishing expedition for 'new' sources of revenue.

I get it that you are a communist and you hate corporate America, but somebody is going to pay the bills. The .gov throws up roadblocks and hurdles for them to get over, and they will just find another way around.

Good luck with your quest Mr Quixote.

Last edited:
Flight Preference...SCV please grade:
1) Southwest
2) Delta
3) Continental
4) Stay home.

VN Store

Back