Court Orders Dissolution of Trump Org

Scary precedent set here I believe...would this make any seller who marks up thier prices above the cost to produce, liable for fraud as the value they are asking is inflated to gain a better profit
I don't think that's a remotely accurate analogy.

He inflated the value of his property to gain lower rates lowers...correct

He provided financial statements with materially inflated values (that went against his own appraisals) to banks in order for his borrowings to be deemed investment grade.

That is a crime in 50/50 states although to be fair, it's rarely pursued until an injury occurs/other crime has been committed....

If Hunter Biden deserves to be punished for lying on a federal gun form, then Trump deserves to be punished for lying on bank form...

Reactions: hUTch2002
If I get wasted and drive home with a .25 BAC, I committed a crime. Just because I made it home safe without being pulled over or injuring someone doesn't mean I didn't commit a crime....

Reactions: clarksvol00
Trump very clearly broke the law. Now, I think the remedies being proposed are excessive....
I can see that, but I can see the other side. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. If I do I thing, I should understand whether the thing I do violates the law or not. I should understand the consequences. And these penalties probably were in place prior to trump doing whatever thing he did.

Vacant 2+ acre oceanfront lots in Palm Beach are going for $150-200M.

MAL is on 17 acres, 62K sq ft, oceanfront, and on the ICW.

The judge is an idiot.

I can see that, but I can see the other side. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. If I do I thing, I should understand whether the thing I do violates the law or not. I should understand the consequences. And these penalties probably were in place prior to trump doing whatever thing he did.
But this goes back to Hillary and her servers. Comey said they factored in her intent with whether or not to charge her. They created a new precedent.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Honestly, I think both should pay fines and move on for those situations.

Trump, yes. A large fine is the appropriate remedy.

Hunter's is more complex. Ultimately I want to see what they end up with, but a short imprisonment could be considered an appropriate remedy.

The judge is an idiot.

What about 40 Wall Street. Trump paid for 3 separate appraisals that said it was worth less than $200M. He stated it was worth over $700M...

The State taking over properties is excessive in this case....

But this goes back to Hillary and her servers. Comey said they factored in her intent with whether or not to charge her. They created a new precedent.
Comey had the ability to work on federal charges. These are new york state charges. Don't know what the allegations of Donny or Hillary's Intent were, but there are two different sets of law at play. Where is "I hate whatabout" guy?

The Grand Orange Poobah, set to be deposed on Monday in his lawsuit against dumb as a rock Michael Cohen, ups and dismisses the lawsuit.

Trump, yes. A large fine is the appropriate remedy.

Hunter's is more complex. Ultimately I want to see what they end up with, but a short imprisonment could be considered an appropriate remedy.
Eh, the Hunter gun charge is small potatoes. The money laundering and selling access to his dad is a huge deal. If they can prove he did that, he needs to spend a long time behind bars.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo

The judge is an idiot.

Provide a link showing a 2 acre lot anywhere in America with an asking price of $150 million.

Really, this should be Trump's theme song. Dude always loses. For claiming to be such a winner, he's got a helluva lot of Ls.

Get the Zillow app. Don’t be a rube. Rube. Rube. Rube.
He's certainly uninformed on this matter, but that's not really in context with "rube" type characteristics. More contextual would be someone asking, as a few in this forum have done, something like, "What has Trump lied about?". More accurately, someone claiming they are better at their job than Rick Barnes is at his job, just because they've made a few bucks the last few years

VN Store

Back