CP goes to the Vikings in 1st round!!

The Vikings wanted him BAD. Traded next 3 picks and a 7th.
They should have taken him with their 2nd pick in the 1st Rd., and waited until their pick in the 2nd to get their CB. It's a deep class for them, and they could have Jamar Taylor, Slay, Banks, Amerson, etc. Now, they just got hosed by the Patriots, instead.

It would have. I can't stand Ponder for the record. But selfishly, I'm glad we drafted CP.

There is still a chance the Vikes take Bray, Wilson or Barkley. Ponder just doesn't have it and I think any of these guys could put him on the bench.

There is still a chance the Vikes take Bray, Wilson or Barkley. Ponder just doesn't have it and I think any of these guys could put him on the bench.

It'd be surprising this season, it's only his second season

If it was next year/after his third, it'd be another thing

I wonder if there are people on this thread congratulating CP that have called him dumb or stupid in other threads. Probably.

In any case, congrats to CP.

Thats like saying Tebow is a top 5 QB when completing a pass..Harvin stinks because he has zero reliability.

Not a good analogy. I am talking about ability. Harvin is a victim of external circumstances. Something he has no control over. Tebow just royally sucks when it comes to throwing a ball.

Ponder may not be a very good QB but he still goes home to Samantha Steele every night.

Man I wish we could have had him 1 more year in Orange but couldn't be happier for CP! I was glued to the draft hoping he would go first round! The Vikes got a good one! I live in Vikings country and most of the Vikings fans don't know who he is and are complaining that the Vikes wasted a pick and shouldn't have traded back up. CP is gonna surprise them! GBO!

Man I wish we could have had him 1 more year in Orange but couldn't be happier for CP! I was glued to the draft hoping he would go first round! The Vikes got a good one! I live in Vikings country and most of the Vikings fans don't know who he is and are complaining that the Vikes wasted a pick and shouldn't have traded back up. CP is gonna surprise them! GBO!
Tell them to look at his film. Game over.

Ponder is improving at an average rate for an NFL QB. You cannot compare him to Luck or RG3 and expect to see the same thing. Given time and he can do what numerous average NFL QB's do, which is win at a high level as well as winning a SB. It's is a team game. CP being on the Vikings is another major piece to their puzzle of elevating to the elite.

Never been a fan of the Vikings. But I have to say they are becoming a powerhouse. Great first round strategy and draft picks.

Not bringing down the moment but does Minnesota even have a qb

Minnesota is my second favorite team since I live here. Christian Ponder (ex-FSU QB) is the signal caller. He isn't great, that's for sure, but this will only be his third year. I anticipate that CP will fill the void left by Percy Harvin. Good fit for CP if you ask me.

Top five returner maybe. He is not top five at his position and in no way shape or form a top five NFL player. He is a playmaker and a great weapon but let's not exaggerate.

he can do everything. PR, RB, WR. there isnt a more versatile player in the NFL than him.

he can do everything. PR, RB, WR. there isnt a more versatile player in the NFL than him.

If every NFL player went into a pool and were re-drafted then you are saying Percy Harvin would go in the top five? He would not go in the top 100.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back