CPF vs C-USA

Originally posted by milohimself@Jul 29, 2005 5:48 PM
So did Maine :lol:
[snapback]119279[/snapback]​

Maine beat MSU, 9-7...

UAB beat MSU, 27-13...

Both victories, but one is by 2pts and the other is by 2 TDs.

I think UAB will be what Wyoming is for UF. It will be a tough game at first, close in the 1st maybe 2nd Quarter. But down the strech UT (and UF) will have just too much, and they should win by about 17 atleast. UAB is no pushover though.

Originally posted by Blazer85@Jul 29, 2005 9:19 PM
Is there an early line on the UAB-UT game?
[snapback]119310[/snapback]​

The early line is . . . . PAIN!!
:D

Seriously, no idea. I'd expect it to open at about 17 or so.

Of course Georgia is going to overlook UAB, but they beat them while playing their "f" game. If UGA played their A game it would have been 55-7.
UAB is a decent, cute, mid-level CUSA team. But don't think you are in the same class as the top of the SEC because they stumbled around against UAB while looking past them. :thefinger: Just go to the Hawaii Bowl and be happy

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Jul 29, 2005 9:12 PM
Of course Georgia is going to overlook UAB, but they beat them while playing their "f" game. If UGA played their A game it would have been 55-7.
UAB is a decent, cute, mid-level CUSA team. But don't think you are in the same class as the top of the SEC because they stumbled around against UAB while looking past them. :thefinger: Just go to the Hawaii Bowl and be happy
[snapback]119363[/snapback]​

Think what you will. CBS and others seem to think UAB and Memphis will be some of the primary "midmajors" that they see challenging for BCS bowls in the future. Demean and belittle all you'd like, but UAB was ranked 24th last year in the BCS at one point. Lots of preseason publications have UAB starting at around 30th for the coming year. I hope your team takes us as lightly as you appear to.

Woah woah woah jmx, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. I think the insight bowl is a realistic thought. no need to start filling Blazers head with wild ideas about making it to the hawaii bowl

Originally posted by GatorVille@Jul 29, 2005 9:18 PM
Woah woah woah jmx, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.  I think the insight bowl is a realistic thought.  no need to start filling Blazers head with wild ideas about making it to the hawaii bowl
[snapback]119366[/snapback]​

Nah... no CUSA bowl tie-in with them :D

Originally posted by GatorVille@Jul 29, 2005 9:27 PM
ahh, my bad, I meant the GMAC Bowl, that way youll be close to home :D
[snapback]119371[/snapback]​

HAH! As if the Bammers running that bowl would allow that to happen!

It's an absolute crime that you guys don't get a shot at Alabama and Auburn every once in awhile.

Alabama will never, ever play us as long as the Board of Trustees have anything to say about it. Too risky for them. Same goes for Auburn, but they dont fear us as much as UAT.

UAB will be alot tougher game for UT than Memphis will be.
If UT comes in with Jmxvol attitude UAB will win.
UAB is a decent team that could give UT fits or could be put away early, it all depends on the type of team UT fields this fall.
UT's DT's are Mahelona 315, Harrell 310, McBride 300, Bolden 295 thereby giving UAB very little advantage at the line of scrimmage. It'll be a good game and a good test preparing UT for its annual beating of 4 time National Champ Chrissy Leaky.

Alabama will never, ever play us as long as the Board of Trustees have anything to say about it. Too risky for them. Same goes for Auburn, but they dont fear us as much as UAT.

If we can put MTSU and Memphis on the schedule, Bama can put UAB and Troy on theirs. :shakehead:

UAB probably will be tougher than Memphis, but it's hard to say from game to game what will happen. But for what it's worth, UAB has beat Memphis the last 5 times straight.

Originally posted by GAVol@Jul 29, 2005 9:42 PM
If we can put MTSU and Memphis on the schedule, Bama can put UAB and Troy on theirs. :shakehead:
[snapback]119381[/snapback]​

Do me a favor and tell that to UAT. UAB would love a shot at them. Right now they only play us in baseball, women's basketball, and softball... and we've been beating them often in baseball, so theyre probably going to stop playing us in baseball soon even.

Hell if UAT can put freaking Florida International on the schedule they can put UAB on there!

Originally posted by Vol67@Jul 29, 2005 9:45 PM
Hell if UAT can put freaking Florida International on the schedule they can put UAB on there!
[snapback]119386[/snapback]​

Oh no they wont. As a matter of fact, explain this to me. They SAY they wont play UAB in basketball because we're in CUSA and that would bring down their RPI. And yet they went TO Charlotte last year (a team in CUSA who is no better than UAB). UAB would even go TO Tuscaloosa. We arent even demanding a home game or a home and home. We would go there for basketball or football, but they refuse.

It killed me when I heard Tommy Tuberville talking about playing Western Kentucky and giving them a big check when they have 2 schools in state that would probably play them for free.

Originally posted by GAVol@Jul 29, 2005 9:52 PM
It killed me when I heard Tommy Tuberville talking about playing Western Kentucky and giving them a big check when they have 2 schools in state that would probably play them for free.
[snapback]119390[/snapback]​

Absolutely. Or like when Alabama played Utah State and Western Carolina :disappointed:

Originally posted by Blazer85@Jul 29, 2005 8:48 PM
Oh no they wont.  As a matter of fact, explain this to me.  They SAY they wont play UAB in basketball because we're in CUSA and that would bring down their RPI.  And yet they went TO Charlotte last year (a team in CUSA who is no better than UAB).  UAB would even go TO Tuscaloosa.  We arent even demanding a home game or a home and home.  We would go there for basketball or football, but they refuse.
[snapback]119388[/snapback]​

Haha, I think C-USA basketball might have been as good as SEC's last season.

Don't you people realize that UAB is here for a paycheck? There is no way they are coming in here and winning. Even if we don't give a crap and don't play hard and look past them, we will still pull one out. We have better depth, better talent, bigger stadium, and better coaching. Even if this game was somehow close at the end, we will get benefit of the doubt calls, the officials won't even let us lose.
As for Memphis not being as good as UAB, didn't Memphis win more games last year?

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Jul 30, 2005 2:36 PM
the officials won't even let us lose.
[snapback]119545[/snapback]​

I think that's some of the most wishful thinking I've ever seen, but I think we would agree that we'd rather not have it close at the end and have to find out.

VN Store

Back