Crime Ridden Memphis

Depends on one's perspective about what is legit. Fox is reporting it, although I believe they are reporting it as unconfirmed.

It will be interesting to see how the left-leaning outlets handle it. As some on here have rightly pointed out, even if true the cops in this case used their positions to perpetrate the crime. However, the leftist outlets may be concerned the personal nature of this news to be damaging to their narrative this incident confirms police departments are after black people for no reason and try to downplay or discredit the reports. Obviously the defendants would appreciate that. Curious what some of the lawyers on here think as to whether this would boost it to a capital crime.
If it turns out to be true they will likely ignore it because they love the narrative that cops, even black ones are out to kill young black men for no reason.

I've heard the rumors about them working at FedEx. Has any legit outlets reported it? Also heard some or all of the cops had ties to a gang when they were younger
Interesting. I’ve heard that FedEx has problem with an internal criminal theft ring, and one of the leaders of the ring worked for Memphis PD at the time of the discovery. Sounds like a very corrupt police issue.0

Interesting. I’ve heard that FedEx has problem with an internal criminal theft ring, and one of the leaders of the ring worked for Memphis PD at the time of the discovery. Sounds like a very corrupt police issue.0
That tends to happen when they lowered their standards to increase the numbers

Fox News (and TMZ) is reporting that the family is denying rumors of a woman. No one is actually reporting a woman was the reason or may be the reason. Nor has any evidence been presented to substantiate that.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Fox News (and TMZ) is reporting that the family is denying rumors of a woman. No one is actually reporting a woman was the reason or may be the reason. Nor has any evidence been presented to substantiate that.
Nobody is reporting it, but that he was messing with someone's girlfriend or wife has been going around Memphis for days. I have no idea if it's true but I would expect his family to deny it true or not.

Nobody is reporting it, but that he was messing with someone's girlfriend or wife has been going around Memphis for days. I have no idea if it's true but I would expect his family to deny it true or not.

IF true, and it was one of the 5 cops woman, then we have a precarious situation. 5 cops to beat a guy to death over the woman of just one of them. And the other 4 willfully threw their lives away for the 1 cop? As well as the 3 first responders that have since been ostricized. Mentioned above maybe they were bangers in their younger days. That would make more sense. But, it also opens the box that it could be a past affiliate's woman and they were carrying out an ordered hit for someone they still have ties to as dirty cops. Sounds like these 5 cops had street cred amongst the various first responders for no one to step in.

IF true, and it was one of the 5 cops woman, then we have a precarious situation. 5 cops to beat a guy to death over the woman of just one of them. And the other 4 willfully threw their lives away for the 1 cop? As well as the 3 first responders that have since been ostricized. Mentioned above maybe they were bangers in their younger days. That would make more sense. But, it also opens the box that it could be a past affiliate's woman and they were carrying out an ordered hit for someone they still have ties to as dirty cops. Sounds like these 5 cops had street cred amongst the various first responders for no one to step in.
If it's over a woman I doubt either side would admit it. The lawyers suing the city and making tv appearances probably prefer to make their innocent black guy race based justice case. The cops involved would probably face more serious charges if it was suggested this was planned in advance. Nobody benefits by admitting it.

As for why they beat him up I don't know. Maybe it was a couple cops targeting him due to a woman. Maybe not. But I had a few friends on MPD. One of them told me there were several cops who's philosophy was, "if you make us chase you, we're gonna beat your a$$". Throw in that some got pepper sprayed in the process also and their anger levels probably jumped up. I know one kept saying Nichols was putting his hands on the cops sidearm. I'm sure all that stuff translates to more "get your a$$ beat".

I'm guessing they didn't intend for him to die. Beat up him up for sure. But I'm still baffled that the dumba$$e$ do that stuff with body cams, dash cams, and pole cams and think they'll get away with it in today's climate.

Reactions: GVF
New Tennessee Bill would Increase Judicial Oversight of Bail Amounts in serious criminal cases

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - State Rep. John Gillespie, R-Memphis, has filed legislation to increase judicial oversight of bail amounts set in the most serious criminal cases.

House Bill 830 would allow only a criminal or circuit court judge to set bail in cases involving an individual charged with a Class A or a Class B felony. Currently, bail can also be set by a judicial commissioner or a criminal or circuit court clerk.

New Tennessee bill would increase judicial oversight of bail amounts in serious criminal cases

If it's over a woman I doubt either side would admit it. The lawyers suing the city and making tv appearances probably prefer to make their innocent black guy race based justice case. The cops involved would probably face more serious charges if it was suggested this was planned in advance. Nobody benefits by admitting it.

As for why they beat him up I don't know. Maybe it was a couple cops targeting him due to a woman. Maybe not. But I had a few friends on MPD. One of them told me there were several cops who's philosophy was, "if you make us chase you, we're gonna beat your a$$". Throw in that some got pepper sprayed in the process also and their anger levels probably jumped up. I know one kept saying Nichols was putting his hands on the cops sidearm. I'm sure all that stuff translates to more "get your a$$ beat".

I'm guessing they didn't intend for him to die. Beat up him up for sure. But I'm still baffled that the dumba$$e$ do that stuff with body cams, dash cams, and pole cams and think they'll get away with it in today's climate.

Nothing may come of it, but here is an inquiry:
Tyre Nichols' Connection to Cop's Ex-Wife Under Investigation (msn.com)

Interesting the dad wants to adamantly say the rumor is untrue. Not sure he would know, parents aren’t always in the loop on who their kids are dating/effing. It looks more believable that there is some truth to it, by trying so hard to say their isn’t.
Honestly, I could see Crump having them say that whether it’s true or not, because it hurts the racist justice system angle that Crump is going for.

Honestly, I could see Crump having them say that whether it’s true or not, because it hurts the racist justice system angle that Crump is going for.

Oh yea, totally agree with that. But in reality, they just need to play this out honestly. Some police officers beat the kid to death, you’re going to get paid. No angles needed.

Probably decreases the amount from the lawsuit that’s coming and we all that’s what Crump is after

Interesting the dad wants to adamantly say the rumor is untrue. Not sure he would know, parents aren’t always in the loop on who their kids are dating/effing. It looks more believable that there is some truth to it, by trying so hard to say their isn’t.
It makes it more believable in offering some sort of expalnation as to why this "appears" to be an ambush more than anything else. In those circles, messing with someone's baby mama whether ex or not, will most likely lead to a beat down. And in this case, overkill.

It makes it more believable in offering some sort of expalnation as to why this "appears" to be an ambush more than anything else. In those circles, messing with someone's baby mama whether ex or not, will most likely lead to a beat down. And in this case, overkill.

Indeed. Would all add up if true. Somebody screwing around, the cop gets his cop buddies and decide to beat the hell out of the guy. I doubt they meant to kill him, but it did.

This has happened countless times. Cops or no cops. That scenario has played out so many times.

It is very conceivable the dad is wrong if he is claiming what I read. As a parent, you’re foolish if you think you know all the details of your child’s personal life. Especially adult children.

Reactions: AM64 and davethevol
Indeed. Would all add up if true. Somebody screwing around, the cop gets his cop buddies and decide to beat the hell out of the guy. I doubt they meant to kill him, but it did.

This has happened countless times. Cops or no cops. That scenario has played out so many times.

It is very conceivable the dad is wrong if he is claiming what I read. As a parent, you’re foolish if you think you know all the details of your child’s personal life. Especially adult children.

And they could be very sincere parents in that the son was not a violent person. There have been mutiple people validate his peaceful and benevolent character. But...that has nothing to do with humping the wrong girl.

MPD officer injured, 1 Dead in shooting at White Station Library

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - A Memphis Police Department officer was shot on Thursday afternoon.

Officers responded to White Station Library on Poplar Avenue at 12:32 p.m.

According to MPD, an officer was injured and another individual did not survive their injuries.

The officer was taken to Regional One Hospital in an extremely critical condition.

https://www.actionnews5.com/2023/02/02/mpd-officer-injured-1-dead-shooting-white-station-libraryD

MPD officer injured, 1 Dead in shooting at White Station Library

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - A Memphis Police Department officer was shot on Thursday afternoon.

Officers responded to White Station Library on Poplar Avenue at 12:32 p.m.

According to MPD, an officer was injured and another individual did not survive their injuries.

The officer was taken to Regional One Hospital in an extremely critical condition.

https://www.actionnews5.com/2023/02/02/mpd-officer-injured-1-dead-shooting-white-station-libraryD

Damn, some people just can't learn library etiquette.

VN Store

Back