Culinary, Arts, Thread.

No, but I've only had bad catfish once in my life. I could probably eat it every day.
I had some severely undercooked catfish at Pearls Oyster House a couple months ago. It’s a New Orleans restaurant they opened up a branch here about a year ago. Well more than a year ago. A year ago I was in the hospital.

About my age. I don't know where you're from, but are you familiar with O'Charley's ?

That was my first restaurant job.
There was one about a block from my house I went to all the time. They closed it all of a sudden about three months ago. 😢

Reactions: Behr
O'Charley's did it right back then, for a chain restaurant anyway. I learned a lot about life and business from them.

Back then their house salad and bread were awesome. The fried chez was pepper jack served with marinara but I liked them with honey mustard. They had hot bacon dressing for salads that I thought was nasty, but it and honey mustard were the most popular, and I mean people liked both on their salad.

Anyway, blah blah blah. Good times.

Haven’t been to An Ocharleys in a minute. You work out of the Farragut one. I just remember that bread.
😂

Was typing about the bread when you were posting this. Bread was on point.

I worked at the original 2nd Ave. one, Rivergate and opened the one in Hermitage.

Edit: dont know where I got 21st ave. 2nd ave down off West End at Vandy. 3 for Thursdays.

Last edited:
Reactions: TopsideVol
Was typing about the bread when you were posting this. Bread was on point.

I worked at the original 21st Ave. one, Rivergate and opened the one in Hermitage.
Did the bread arrive frozen or was it freshly made?

I worked at a restaurant on the weekends called Damon's Grill while I was at UT. They had some of the best ribs I've ever had. I loved their BBQ sauce too...had such a great flavor after the ribs were on the grill and the sauce became caramelized. Also, their bread always came in frozen. It was still very popular though.

Reactions: Behr and TopsideVol
I remember the iceberg wedge with blue cheese dressing from the main dining rooms of hotels in the 1960s, especially The DeSoto in Savannah, GA.

Reactions: TopsideVol
I worked at a restaurant on the weekends called Damon's Grill while I was at UT. They had some of the best ribs I've ever had. I loved their BBQ sauce too...had such a great flavor after the ribs were on the grill and the sauce became caramelized. Also, their bread always came in frozen. It was still very popular though.

There are some really good frozen bread options these days. Restaurants have to cheat somewhere and bread is one popular spot with some places.

Reactions: Souce

VN Store

Back