Culinary, Arts, Thread.

@volwindy and/or anyone with a step counter or pedometer. Doc said I should get one if for no other reason but to motivate me to exercise more. I'm very active, but I need to get myself into a daily exercise routine.

Anyway, hory chit? There are only about a million styles, types and price ranges from $5 to $180. I've read reviews that say an $8 one worked better for some than a $60 one.

What do you have?
I have a fitbit. I don't have the issues that Bill talks about where it counts random arm movement - and even if it did, it would only add on a couple, not like 100-1000. It only counts my steps or workout activities. Only times I've not seen it count steps is pushing a grocery cart around the store.

I have several friends/coworkers who have the fitbit as well and we do weekend/weekday challenges - also like Bill mentioned. I'm competitive, so it makes me get in more activity than I would sometimes.

Overall, it has been a great investment because I get in a lot more activity than I ever did. Didn't realize sometimes how much it takes to get 10,000 steps.

Reactions: Behr
I had an old coworker question about how myself and another coworker liked it because she was thinking about getting one. We loved ours and she did end up getting one, but I think it ended up being a waste for her and just a watch. You have to want it for it's reason - activity tracking and hopefully it motivates you to do more activity.

Reactions: Behr
I have a fitbit. I don't have the issues that Bill talks about where it counts random arm movement - and even if it did, it would only add on a couple, not like 100-1000. It only counts my steps or workout activities. Only times I've not seen it count steps is pushing a grocery cart around the store.

I have several friends/coworkers who have the fitbit as well and we do weekend/weekday challenges - also like Bill mentioned. I'm competitive, so it makes me get in more activity than I would sometimes.

Overall, it has been a great investment because I get in a lot more activity than I ever did. Didn't realize sometimes how much it takes to get 10,000 steps.

I spent some time yesterday looking around. Which fitbit do you have.

I like this one, I think. What do you think? Until I know if this is something I'm going to commit to, I don't want to spend more than $20-$30. I like the one my friend has, still don't know what kind, I'll talk to him later today, but its one you wear on the wrist. The one here I can wear around my neck or on my waist.

I spent some time yesterday looking around. Which fitbit do you have.

I like this one, I think. What do you think? Until I know if this is something I'm going to commit to, I don't want to spend more than $20-$30. I like the one my friend has, still don't know what kind, I'll talk to him later today, but its one you wear on the wrist. The one here I can wear around my neck or on my waist.

I have the HR Charge 2. Started out with the 1 in 10/2015, but it crapped out a little after a year (you would think that is the norm since they have up to a year warranty) and have had the 2 ever since. I like it a lot better than the 1 anyways. I know they recently released the 3, but I have no desire to get it since mine works just fine. I have had to change out bands though since one did tear up after awhile, but that is an easy and cheap fix.

I had one that I used to wear around the waist, but it was highly unreliable, it just strictly counted steps, nothing more or less. It was free though, got it through work when they promoted a walking competition. Don't know what brand it was and not sure if I still even have it.

074628c632572a8420f6fa7faee2eccf.jpg

VN Store

Back