Culinary, Arts, Thread.

Just answered my question while I was posting. Loved that area, while stationed there. I went back in 2006, changed a lot, but still love the area.

Just answered my question while I was posting. Loved that area, while stationed there. I went back in 2006, changed a lot, but still love the area.
Weird story, one morning at about 830 in morning, had to drive to Portsmouth Hospital (cast on my right leg), while learning to use left leg to gas and break, had a blow out (In not so favorable part of town), walked and knocked on several doors (before cell phones), finally, a door opened, nice woman let me use her phone to call the base to let them know. When I hobbled back to car, there was a man there, in a pink Cadillac behind mine. (No kidding), Seriously, he looked like he knew his way better at dark. I was a 22 year old, wet behind the ear type and didn’t know what to expect. He was so nice and asked if I needed help. He had stopped when he saw my car was disabled. He changed my tire and told me he was glad to help. Never been able to forget that man.

Reactions: Behr and TopsideVol
Should have taken them out of the oven sooner.
tenor.gif

Reactions: TopsideVol and Behr
@volwindy and/or anyone with a step counter or pedometer. Doc said I should get one if for no other reason but to motivate me to exercise more. I'm very active, but I need to get myself into a daily exercise routine.

Anyway, hory chit? There are only about a million styles, types and price ranges from $5 to $180. I've read reviews that say an $8 one worked better for some than a $60 one.

What do you have?

Seriously, for just step counting purposes, the ones that go in your feet for $20-30 are as good as anything.

The free apps aren’t horrifically off. They count a lot of things as steps though. I had a Fitbit and it would count shifting gears manually in my car as a step.

Seriously, for just step counting purposes, the ones that go in your feet for $20-30 are as good as anything.

The free apps aren’t horrifically off. They count a lot of things as steps though. I had a Fitbit and it would count shifting gears manually in my car as a step.

Yeah, I'm afraid it's going to be more trouble than its worth. My OCD will kick in and Ill worry and get pissed off wondering how accurate it is. That's why Im not sure if I want to spend $5 or $40. I really don't plan on spending too much on something that will quite possibly be a phase I go through.

My friend just got one but it was about a month ago and I don't remember what kind it was. It was $8 and it was a wrist type, which is cool, but I don't want it to replace my watch and I don't want to wear both. He really likes it.

Decisions.

Yeah, I'm afraid it's going to be more trouble than its worth. My OCD will kick in and Ill worry and get pissed off wondering how accurate it is. That's why Im not sure if I want to spend $5 or $40. I really don't plan on spending too much on something that will quite possibly be a phase I go through.

My friend just got one but it was about a month ago and I don't remember what kind it was. It was $8 and it was a wrist type, which is cool, but I don't want it to replace my watch and I don't want to wear both. He really likes it.

Decisions.
I’d just get an app (if your phone doesn’t have one already), then make your app goal 1200 more steps than your actual goal. Unless you don’t keep your phone on you. I actually have what I linked you. But I run marathons, bike and I’m starting swimming as exercise and speed

Reactions: Behr
I’d just get an app (if your phone doesn’t have one already), then make your app goal 1200 more steps than your actual goal. Unless you don’t keep your phone on you. I actually have what I linked you. But I run marathons, bike and I’m starting swimming as exercise and speed

Damn James Bond!

Color me impressed, I'm nowhere close to even thinking about that type of commitment.

I have less faith in the app than I do an actual device. Think Ill talk to my friend and see what his is. He said he wears his around his ankle. That may be the ticket. Like I said, if I wear it a few days and I don't feel like it's accurate, it'll go in the trash.

My damn fat fingers. My most common mistakes are hitting the m instead of k and i instead of o. So I have to change lime to like and if to of.

Damn James Bond!

Color me impressed, I'm nowhere close to even thinking about that type of commitment.

I have less faith in the app than I do an actual device. Think Ill talk to my friend and see what his is. He said he wears his around his ankle. That may be the ticket. Like I said, if I wear it a few days and I don't feel like it's accurate, it'll go in the trash.

My damn fat fingers. My most common mistakes are hitting the m instead of k and i instead of o. So I have to change lime to like and if to of.
Yea the difference is I like the info I get from my workouts and the step counter is just an added fun bonus. But if you find a group of friends with the same brand watch/counter that sync to phones, you can do daily/weekly/monthly step challenges

Reactions: Behr
@Behr, now don’t make fun of me for asking this, what do you do for a living? I’ve only been a member for a year and half and hadn’t seen it before. I guess I could look through countless posts for answer, but too lazy and interest would disappear.

VN Store

Back