Culinary, Arts, Thread.

Second try I opened my new jar of yeast.

Meaning I didn't open it for the first one. Soooooo. Lol.
I'm not gonna make fun. I spent 20 minutes the other day trying to pressure wash a shadow off the house. If the wind hadn't blown and moved that tree limb, I'd probably still be washing it.

I'm not gonna make fun. I spent 20 minutes the other day trying to pressure wash a shadow off the house. If the wind hadn't blown and moved that tree limb, I'd probably still be washing it.
Lulz.

We both deserve to be made fun of.
Despite these instances, @theFallGuy still wins dummist Zoner by miles. What kinda fawker forgets to put bread on a sammich?

So they riz? Any photos of final yeast rolls?
Yes they rized, I posted pics of the rizen dough.

No pictures of the finished products because they weren't what I was looking for. They were still really good...for "dinner rolls", but I don't want really good dinner rolls.

Next batch gone use some King Arthur bread flour and see what happens.

Yes they rized, I posted pics of the rizen dough.

No pictures of the finished products because they weren't what I was looking for. They were still really good...for "dinner rolls", but I don't want really good dinner rolls.

Next batch gone use some King Arthur bread flour and see what happens.
My (still unopened) flour is King Arthur bread flour. Every time I think, hey I'll get the bread started, the 3 hr 45 min bit gets in the way. But it will happen!!

Two simple foods that are frustratingly difficult to make well are tamales and hush puppies. If I find a restaurant that consistently makes either as they should be, I become a regular patron.

My (still unopened) flour is King Arthur bread flour. Every time I think, hey I'll get the bread started, the 3 hr 45 min bit gets in the way. But it will happen!!
These were a tad drier than I'd like and not as flavorful. And the texture is all wrong. But I have a plan. Lol.

Reactions: VolNExile
Two simple foods that are frustratingly difficult to make well are tamales and hush puppies. If I find a restaurant that consistently makes either as they should be, I become a regular patron.
Good luck finding a restaurant anymore that makes hushpuppies. Not saying there's not any, just hard to find. Don't find many places here that even have them, but the ones that do are frozen out of a bag.

I don't know a single place around here that makes them.

VN Store

Back