Culinary, Arts, Thread.

AHHHH, Homemade dinner rolls! My Grandmother was the Queen of dinner roll makin'. Bleedat!

Thankfully, she taught meine Frau how to make them.

AHHHH, Homemade dinner rolls! My Grandmother was the Queen of dinner roll makin'. Bleedat!

Thankfully, she taught meine Frau how to make them.
3 questions for the Queen.

What type of flour does she use?
What type of yeast does she use?
Kneed by hand or mixer?

I do know this... you don't want to be around her when she is making dinner rolls. :D Especially, if it's a humid day. She's a perfectionist when it comes to dinner rolls.

Reactions: Behr
3 questions for the Queen.

What type of flour does she use?
What type of yeast does she use?
Kneed by hand or mixer?
Bread Flour
Rapid Rise (any brand)
Both (machine first, remove and knead by hand a little bit, roll individual rolls by hand, place in pan and cover to rise again, then uncover and bake).

Reactions: Behr
Bread Flour
Rapid Rise (any brand)
Both (machine first, remove and knead by hand a little bit, roll individual rolls by hand, place in pan and cover to rise again, then uncover and bake).
Lulz. If mine doesn't suit me I'll try her way.

I don't recognize that brand in your Pic. What it is?

@Behr, I'm sure you have one, but do you use a Fancy Mixer (as opposed to an egg beater) for making bread? My second favorite part of bread-making, after cutting the first slice, is kneading by hand.

The last time I tried to make yeast rolls I used bread flour. I wasn't happy with them and decided it was because of the flour. I always used bread flour. Now, it's possible that wasn't the problem, but I'll not accept it being my fault until I try something different. And I mustn't forget, the way I expect them to be may not match others' expectations.

I like dry active, but the yeast ain't a problem.

Lulz. I get it...she's a recovering alcoholic, he's a normal drinker.

Her: We can't be together because you drink and I don't want to kiss you and taste beer. So bye.

Him: Or, I just won't drink.

Her: you can do that?

Him: of course.

Her: I love you for doing that for me. And hate you because you can.

HBPW is asking did the dough rise at all?
No. Zip.

It could have been 1 of 3 things or all 3 and 1 more. I'm pissed I wasn't paying enough attention. Im putting my flip flops on and going Publix. Threw the other away. I have church (revival this week) tonight and want to try to get another started so it can rise during church.

No. Zip.

It could have been 1 of 3 things or all 3 and 1 more. I'm pissed I wasn't paying enough attention. Im putting my flip flops on and going Publix. Threw the other away. I have church (revival this week) tonight and want to try to get another started so it can rise during church.
She said it's time to call for pizza delivery then.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back