Curt Schilling - not a future ESPN Courage award recipient

All his early cards were from the the early 90's...when the printing presses were rolling in high gear. Usually can't even give those cards away.

I've got tons of the 80's and 90's cards. I have one of these though and a few other similiar, game worn jersey/autographed ball etc.
Curt-Schilling.jpg

My Babe Ruth autographed ball and cards from the 30's to 70's are my nestegg. Thanks Grandpa!

I've got tons of the 80's and 90's cards. I have one of these though and a few other similiar, game worn jersey/autographed ball etc.
Curt-Schilling.jpg

My Babe Ruth autographed ball and cards from the 30's to 70's are my nestegg. Thanks Grandpa!

Sounds like a helluva collection. Grew up collecting and have some decent cards from the 50's, 60's and 70's but nothing comparable to a autographed ball or cards from Babe Ruth. My best cards are a Hank Aaron rookie and a Pete Rose rookie. Wishful thinking but I wish they would forgive Pete...

Some yes. Most? No. Most either left politics or died a Dem. Then LBJ and some others pushed the Dem party to "accept the negros" and they'll vote how they're told.

The civil rights act of 64 and the voting rights act of 65 pushed the majority of white Dems to the Republican Party.

Monday Night football can't be on all day every day. You have to fill 24 hours of time slots on like 7 channels. The 7 channels are there so they can cover a grip of CFB games simultaneously. The nerve of these *******s. Why won't they put sports on when there are no games being played?

If you want to defend their talking heads as good tv, go right ahead. It is stupid but go ahead. When a game is not on, it is an awful network. It takes an imbecile to watch their garbage.

If you want to defend their talking heads as good tv, go right ahead. It is stupid but go ahead. When a game is not on, it is an awful network. It takes an imbecile to watch their garbage.

I'm guessing you skipped the 30 for 30 "The Book of Manning"??

Reactions: 1 person

I have not defended the talking heads. ESPN is an awesome network because of the games they broadcast and because of the 30 for 30s. That's enough right there to be my most watched network.

I bet most of you who cry about how bad the network sucks watch it a lot.

Vote with your dollars and stop supporting them if you hate them so much.

You mean the same conservatives that arrested over 800 black kids for trying to march from Selma to Birmingham? Or the same ones who turned hoses on them and turned police dogs on them?? How about the ones who had African Americans arrested for trying to register to vote??? I mean you wanna bring up what happened in 60's and 70's, the conservative republicans dos look to good toward black US citizens
You really think racism was confined to a political party in the 60s and 70s?
You sir are a damn fool.

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds like a helluva collection. Grew up collecting and have some decent cards from the 50's, 60's and 70's but nothing comparable to a autographed ball or cards from Babe Ruth. My best cards are a Hank Aaron rookie and a Pete Rose rookie. Wishful thinking but I wish they would forgive Pete...

I have a Ruth baseball autograph, a handfull of Clemente cards and autographs, Ted Williams, Ty Cobb (my favorite), Musial, Yastrzemski, Aaron, Robinson, etc etc. Most of it was my Uncles stuff that he said if I could find it in my grandparents house it was mine. I found it. I put it in a safe deposit box. :good!: One of my Grandparents friends was Tom Brookens so I also got a lot of Tigers and Yankees stuff from the late 70's/80's.

The civil rights act of 64 and the voting rights act of 65 pushed the majority of white Dems to the Republican Party.

which means what, exactly?

It was white democrats (were there any other kind in the 60's?) like Al Gore, Sr. who fought against civil rights legislation.

If you're saying that pigs like George Wallace and Orval Fabush would be republicans today, you're out of your mind.

which means what, exactly?

It was white democrats (were there any other kind in the 60's?) like Al Gore, Sr. who fought against civil rights legislation.

If you're saying that pigs like George Wallace and Orval Fabush would be republicans today, you're out of your mind.

Ok man.... WTFE

"Ultimately, the Dixiecrat movement paved the way for the rise of the modern Republican Party in the South. Many former Dixiecrat supporters eventually became Republicans, as was highlighted by Strom Thurmond's conversion in the 1960s."

Dixiecrats | New Georgia Encyclopedia

I have not defended the talking heads. ESPN is an awesome network because of the games they broadcast and because of the 30 for 30s. That's enough right there to be my most watched network.

I bet most of you who cry about how bad the network sucks watch it a lot.

Vote with your dollars and stop supporting them if you hate them so much.

Other than college football and an occasional 30 for 30 I don't watch it. But you know what I do more me.

"Clearer political and ideological lines began to be drawn between the Democrat and Republican parties as moderates and liberals converted from Republican to Democrat. Conservatives in the Democratic Party began to move to the increasingly conservative Republican Party."

Dixiecrats

Those guys must be lying too right?

"Under the Democratic leadership of Pres. John F. Kennedy (1961-1963) and his successor Lyndon Johnson, however, the Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964, and racial discrimination, including segregation, was officially outlawed. Seeing that the Democrats had become a liberal party on social reforms, Thurmond thus encouraged his coalition of southern lawmakers and Dixiecrat ideologues to leave the Democrats and instead join the increasingly conservative Republican Party."

Democrats Vs. Dixiecrats | The Classroom | Synonym

"Under the Democratic leadership of Pres. John F. Kennedy (1961-1963) and his successor Lyndon Johnson, however, the Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964, and racial discrimination, including segregation, was officially outlawed. Seeing that the Democrats had become a liberal party on social reforms, Thurmond thus encouraged his coalition of southern lawmakers and Dixiecrat ideologues to leave the Democrats and instead join the increasingly conservative Republican Party."

Democrats Vs. Dixiecrats | The Classroom | Synonym

Faubus, Conner and Wallace and Byrd etc. The recordings of LBJ and JFK having his brother and Hoover spy on MLK. What was the vote count per party on the civil rights act? Now Rob, let's not paint a small part of the picture,,,

Faubus, Conner and Wallace and Byrd etc. The recordings of LBJ and JFK having his brother and Hoover spy on MLK. What was the vote count per party on the civil rights act? Now Rob, let's not paint a small part of the picture,,,

Your response does not dispute the fact that many Dixiecrats became Republicans.

VN Store

Back