Cut Day

Golfprovol

Was looking through a live feed of NFL cuts from each team. Carvin was the only VFL that I saw who was cut. The list was from early this afternoon so there may be a couple more, but it seems most of our guys made their respective teams.

I think Jabari small is on the outs with Titans.

The list I saw was from 1630 this afternoon. None of those 3 were on it...seems a lot has happened since then.

Reactions: Volanta
Local NashVegas sports talking heads said this AM that they think Jabari Small will make Titans practice squad. I hope so anyway. He is still listed on their roster, although I don't know how quickly they update it.
Guys with 2 years experience or less still make $50k a month as a practice player. Not a bad gig

On that note, I wonder why we don’t hear of more guys going to the CFL. I have to think the money would still be decent. And for that matter you also have American spring leagues now.
League average in CFL is $73,200. Zach Collaros leads the league at $600k. NFL practice squad salary is minimum $12,500 per week, while the veterans minimum is $16,100 per week and the max is $20,600.

League average in CFL is $73,200. Zach Collaros leads the league at $600k. NFL practice squad salary is minimum $12,500 per week, while the veterans minimum is $16,100 per week and the max is $20,600.
That is ABSOLUTELY why a FREE education is worth SO MUCH!!! Play ball at UT, Get a degree, now, use your degree to get a very well paying job! Hello?

Was looking through a live feed of NFL cuts from each team. Carvin was the only VFL that I saw who was cut. The list was from early this afternoon so there may be a couple more, but it seems most of our guys made their respective teams.
Hate that for Carvin, he seemed like a great guy and I was hoping he would find an opportunity somewhere. 53man roster is really limiting. Maybe he can stay with the practice squad.

Must be tough living on $12k a week.
The real problem is that it’s week-to-week, and I’m not sure what kind of insurance it comes with. It has to be an honestly difficult decision to live on short term leases and put off starting a post-football career, especially since it would be difficult to work on other professional skills when you’re working full time to get on the field.

The real problem is that it’s week-to-week, and I’m not sure what kind of insurance it comes with. It has to be an honestly difficult decision to live on short term leases and put off starting a post-football career, especially since it would be difficult to work on other professional skills when you’re working full time to get on the field.
I would take that challenge in a heartbeat. It takes us normies several weeks to make that kind of cheese.

NFL practice squad is like Minor league baseball on steroids, but better pay. Practice Squad is 16-17 players and NFL has a lot of injuries so lots of movement. Look at Dobbs the past 2 seasons and he is a good story. These guys sometimes get bounced around like those superballs
1724766078143.png

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Except most of them get useless degrees that require very little effort.
Most degrees are fairly useless (speaking on their subject matter) and only prove you have the ability to learn. Less than 30% of people get jobs pertaining to their degrees. But over 60% of college graduates get jobs that just require A degree. Thats the thing, there are lot of jobs that just require you have some degree it does not matter what that degree is. I have masters in both Psych and Electronics Engineering. I have worked in IT for 30 years and never applied for a related job. But having them helps.

VN Store

Back