CWS - Finals Tickets

Anyone have experience with how Monday tickets work? Just curious when they’d go on sale if there is a third game. Seems like there would be a mad rush.

Reactions: Ned Land
I was planning on going this weekend, but my dad can no longer make it out there to meet me, so it’s looking like it’s going to be a no go, sadly. Really disappointed to be missing it in person.

I hate to hear that about your dad, but thousands of your Vol brethern will be there. Come on and hang out with us!

Fans who wish to attend the event will have to pay a hefty price for Saturday's game. According to Ticket Master, the lowest-priced ticket is set at $350 down the left field foul pole in the outfield. The most expensive ticket is set at $3,760 behind home plate in section 113. One ticket is even listed for $10,000, but majority of the high-priced tickets are in the $1,000 range.

The Des Moines route is not cheap because the car rental is crazy. I'm flying out tonight from Knoxville to Kansas City. Cheaper and car rental is also a lot cheaper. 2 1/2 hour drive each way for me.
I think they’ve caught on to what folks are doing. Surprised the flights haven’t gotten more expensive as well (and maybe they have).

Reactions: WillisWG
I’m planning to leave tomorrow, driving 1,000 miles from East Tennessee. Will stop in Missouri tomorrow and then on to Omaha.

Don’t have tickets, will have one son with me and will just figure out when we get there.

The secondary ticket market sites all have same prices. Some advertise “no fees” but those prices seem to be the same as other places once fees are added. Good luck to all, have faith we will figure out a way in!

Yeah, tickets look to be INSANE for this series. $300 is the bare minimum you are going to have to pay as far as I can tell. I would be curious how this compares to LSU/Florida last year and a matchup of the "blue bloods" of college baseball. I was considering flying out on my own, but not sure I can justify a $1,000 flight, $500 a night for a hotel room, plus $500 for a single ticket plus food, Uber, etc.

Looking at potentially a $3,000 - $4,000 trip.

Off subject, but always enjoy your comments @Volstylexx.

As a lurker for over ten years, I began posting more around 2020 and esp 2021 when my son headed to school @ Rocky Top.

You & a few others were welcoming in the baseball forum so appreciate you.

I appreciate that @vol94 ! The baseball forum has become a nice place that is absent a lot of the bickering and name calling that happens in the other forums. It’s been great getting to know folks from all walks of life here. Glad you’re here!

Ease up, '94. You have been here long enough to know better, and those of us "in the know" see right through this ploy.

For the record, Stylexx is 100% committed to not making any new introductions to Carla until after the season. So, give it a rest for just one more weekend, 'k? ;)

Yeah, tickets look to be INSANE for this series. $300 is the bare minimum you are going to have to pay as far as I can tell. I would be curious how this compares to LSU/Florida last year and a matchup of the "blue bloods" of college baseball. I was considering flying out on my own, but not sure I can justify a $1,000 flight, $500 a night for a hotel room, plus $500 for a single ticket plus food, Uber, etc.

Looking at potentially a $3,000 - $4,000 trip.
Just an FYI on what we did this year…

AirBNB ~ $150/night (< 5 miles from the stadium)

Tickets - Bought from TickPick for Gm 1 & 2 before the Regionals for about $125/ticket

* CWS tickets go on sale to general public at end of April
** You can always resell if UT gets knocked out

Transportation - 4 day car rental ~$400

It’s about $1,500-$1,750 total for 2 of us

Just an FYI on what we did this year…

AirBNB ~ $150/night (< 5 miles from the stadium)

Tickets - Bought from TickPick for Gm 1 & 2 before the Regionals for about $125/ticket

* CWS tickets go on sale to general public at end of April
** You can always resell if UT gets knocked out

Transportation - 4 day car rental ~$400

It’s about $1,500-$1,750 total for 2 of us

Yeah. I mean there are definitely ways to cut costs, but with work stuff it’s hard to plan for a trip like this when you don’t know if the team is going to make it that far. I unfortunately don’t live close enough to make the drive that easy, it would be 20ish hours from where I live. So, I’d have to book a late flight which is the majority of the expense. And buying tickets ahead of time and reselling them if you lose is a headache.

Just not an easy trip to make if you’re going last minute lol.

Just a tip for those that are going and have never been.

I had really good seats behind the Tennessee dugout yesterday which was a great experience. I ended up getting up though because the people around me were locals who were just there and didn’t really care who won so I didn’t have anyone to cheer with.

If I did it again, I would buy the cheapest possible ticket and just find one of the many stand up counters they have around the lower bowl. I spent most of my time there. If you aren’t dead set on having a seat and are fine with standard and watching the game this can save you a pretty good chunk of money.

I panicked and bought last night. They did go up today but I just have a gut feeling you'll get a better deal in person day of the game. Especially after Frye guy posted they rarely sell out of SRO.

I panicked and bought last night. They did go up today but I just have a gut feeling you'll get a better deal in person day of the game. Especially after Frye guy posted they rarely sell out of SRO.
Don't trust me.
I only posted what I read elsewhere.

something tells me this weekend may be unusual by even Omaha standards

Seems like the best place to put this….those of you that are making the trip to Omaha, if you could be so kind as to send us some pics, that would be great. Anything will do, a shot from yer seats, taking a Jell-O shot, exterior stadium pics, “the village”, anything would be appreciated. TIA!!!

Bring It Home!!!!

GBO!!!

Don't trust me.
I only posted what I read elsewhere.

something tells me this weekend may be unusual by even Omaha standards

Local news here in Houston was talking about the hords of Aggie fans headed up. They're playing for their first national championship in any sport since 1939. I have a feeling this is going to be a sold out event.

Seems like the best place to put this….those of you that are making the trip to Omaha, if you could be so kind as to send us some pics, that would be great. Anything will do, a shot from yer seats, taking a Jell-O shot, exterior stadium pics, “the village”, anything would be appreciated. TIA!!!

Bring It Home!!!!

GBO!!!
You got it. My son and I will get there Saturday afternoon and be there till Tuesday.

VN Store

Back