CWS Game Thread - Other Games

Congrats, Tiger man and any other LSU lurkers.

I'd rather this than a heart breaker.
Thank you @99gator. We traded knock out blows these last two games. Crappy way for the last two games of the season to end for fans of the game, but I’m certainly not going to complain. Hell of a year for LSU, Florida and Tennessee. They’ve represented the SEC, and the sport as a whole, about as good as you can this season.

LSU baseball is about to be Oklahoma softball. They are going to be obnoxiously dominant now. They’ll have the first pick of anyone in the portal. Everyone else will be fighting for scraps

No one can be that dominant in college baseball. Too much talent all over the place. You can be a contender on a yearly basis. But, a run like Oklahoma in softball......no.

JMO

I was at the AU/GT midweek game this year, I love their ballpark and setting with the skyline in the background. Coach Hall is a great guy and coach, but he needs to retire

GT has a nice ballpark and I even like the setting for football games because the weather tends to cooperate. We're not really competitive in any sport and I won't be surprised if ACC gave GT the boot. I think ACC would do it ASAP if not for the enormous amount of money that the ACC would have to give GT to accomplish that.

My high school in Alpharetta, GA has a really neat ball park and it might be my all time favorite and I've been to "quite a few" MLB park. My high school ball park home plate, 1st and 3rd baselines have minimal seating because those sides were created by using dynamite into rock. The field is perfectly level, as good or better than minor league team. The drainage is what was used at Ted Turner stadium which had drainage tiles and suction under the tiles to drain the field quickly after a downpour.

The school's sidewalk is about 25- 30' above home plate so when the limited seating runs out, people sit on the remaining rocks on the slope or lean on the rail along the sidewalk. IDK, I just think it's cool that they made such a huge effort and you can't help but see the field when going from the student parking lot to the front entrance to the school.

500321529_as5VzQp5UE7f6-Bo0htsc_hxJQUduwI71oU23R2FOQg.jpg

On senior day they cut the lawn the senior's shirt numbers are in the outfield.

Thought you might like this, just because you appreciate baseball settings.

VN Store

Back