Da Reds thread

Every time we count them out they surprise us. With the Cubs losing we're only a .5 game out of the 2nd WC spot.

Renfroe DFA's. Bader to IL.

For all of the upside fanfare, Elly is providing similar production to Senzel at the plate. He's far better on SBs and far worse on SOs. Senzel's FP is better - but that's not really apples to apples. Senzel also has more experience, but more injuries to match. His power is beginning to show up.

Knowing this it may be too soon to give up on him unless you can get value subject to contract issues. With Marte's emergence Senzel is a corner OF first and sub at multiple positions as the utility guy. The guy can play 5 positions well defensively and SS in a pinch.

Let's see how it goes down the stretch.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
Ashcraft to have surgery. Done for the season.

I have honestly never seen a rotation be so decimated. Cap tip to the rest of the roster, call-ups and coaches for their efforts this season.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
380338629_860020342161592_8386227103803933144_n.jpg

Massive choke job by da Reds, tonight. Put a fork in 'em, they are done. Still, great season, at one time the most fun team to watch in baseball and should be a playoff team, next year.

Impressive turnaround in one season. As a soon to be seven decades long Reds fan, this is the most optimistic I have been about the club in a very long time. In general they are doing it the right way for a smaller market org IMO. Glad Bob and crew found the right FO guys to get it done, committed to the process and locked them in on good contracts. Ownership will benefit greatly by sticking to this approach and the fanbase will respond in a big way. Stockpile the young talent, trade pieces occasionally to plug gaps. Draft quality, low risk talent. Develop well.

The S&C/medical still need work. Injuries are a part of the game, but when the trends show you are in the bottom tier consistently with way too many injuries to key guys, you need to make adjustments. That performance is also impacted by drafting the right type guys for the climate conditions and team goals.

Got some good trade chips this offseason. Anxious to see what happens.

FWIW - the Cubs are loaded at the AA level like they were before they made their WS runs awhile back. They can pound the ball and won the Southern League crown here in East TN for the first time in 43 years.

Reactions: The Dog and Burhead
Votto said he wants to play one more year and wants to stay with the Reds but open to playing for another team. I really hope that the Reds do right by him and give him the proper farewell tour he deserves. Can’t imagine him in another uniform.

Cincinnati is a baseball town, and 2023 was the most recent example of why. You, Reds Country, showed up in full force for this team, following them in person and from afar. This season featured a 44% attendance spike at Great American Ball Park, with over 2 million fans walking through the gates and providing an electric atmosphere all season long. And your interest didn’t stop at the ballpark. The Reds social media platforms saw an 116% increase in engagement, and both TV and radio ratings skyrocketed from a year ago.

Votto said he wants to play one more year and wants to stay with the Reds but open to playing for another team. I really hope that the Reds do right by him and give him the proper farewell tour he deserves. Can’t imagine him in another uniform.
Votto to me is like Kershaw ..they should be able to play for their respective teams till they say no more...both deserve it...

Reactions: Burhead

VN Store

Back