Daily Baseball 2013

What is the trade?

I love the in game highlights that pop up from other games... In years past they just had them sorted from most recent back to longest ago. Now, they are grouped into their respective games based on when the game started. So, for instance, if somebody hit a walk-off HR from a 7 o clock game right now... it would pop up at 1 new highlight, but when you click, it's in the middle of the entire list with like a groundout from the 2nd inning of that game... not the most recent. It's annoying.

Yea that sounds a little backwards with the highlights.

He wants parnell and cashner. Parnell I could care less about, but it's a deep league, 7 keepers, so basically Hosmer vs Cashner.

I would do that. Cashner is an absolute blast but I believe he's in the bullpen right now and he struggles to stay healthy. Bad reliever + good reliever maybe starter for a 23 year old first baseman... kinda have to.

Hamilton comes up with bases loaded and strikes out on 3 pitches.

I have a feeling Kershaw will save the Dodgers, but IDK about the Angels.

Yea I didn't realize Cashner is 26, woulda liked to have seen a little more from him by now as far as consistency. Wonder when/if he puts it together to take that next step.

That Dodgers pitching staff in general will save them. Kershaw, Greinke, and Ryu will keep them in a lot of games

Yea I didn't realize Cashner is 26, woulda liked to have seen a little more from him by now as far as consistency. Wonder when/if he puts it together to take that next step.

His stuff is just dumb. But I think you jump on that... maybe even try to take a flyer on another guy of his to even the # of players in the deal up.

To be honest, the roster spot is just as important to me, now I can scoop up a DL guy like Beachy to stash.

I didn't see much of Puig in the spring, how does he compare with Cespedes? Nice little Cuban combo in Oaktown and LA with those guys.

Starlinggggggg.

And Puig is apparently built like a gigantic truck/house/monster. Probably a good thing that their OF is cemented so they don't get the urge to rush him.

Cuban trio once Soler comes up

He should make a marketing video like Yoenis, just because that thing was awesome. Also see: Domingo Ayala.

Lol at Kirk Gibson calling a wheel play for the second time in a row up 3 in the fourth with Mcdonald up to bat coming back to bite him in the ass

Also, my concern with Cashner is still the Padre's determination to make him a starter. His stuff is nasty, but he still has only pitched 5 innings or more twice in his career. I could just see him as a starter being an experiment that is messed around with for a few years that doesn't really work until he is moved back to reliever. Granted the exact opposite could happen and he could be a fantastic starter, just a lot of unknown IMO whereas you can be fairly confident with what Hosmer will do.

Good point with Cashner. Living thru that with Daniel Bard last year as a sox fan. I watched him pitch today, just doesn't look as impressive as someone with his stuff should look. But the potential is definitely there.

Starlinggggggg.

And Puig is apparently built like a gigantic truck/house/monster. Probably a good thing that their OF is cemented so they don't get the urge to rush him.

Cuban trioo once Soler comes up

True of puig.Seen him today in Chattanooga at the bank lol

cashner's problem is health. he could be a very good starter if healthy. but being in the bullpen usually reduces workload and injury risk.

Vin Scully was talking about his latest injury this spring during the game today. He was dressing a deer and sliced his thumb, happens to the best of us. Cost him his chance at the rotation out of the gate this year.

VN Store

Back