Daily Baseball 2013

Some part of me wishes that playoff teams could select 1-2 non playoff players in each sport and use them for the playoff run. Just because.

Call these players "The Wingmen" amirite?

We were looking for a starting pitcher early on, but as better news started coming out about how Wandy Rodriguez was progressing better than expected we seemed to back off. Need a bat in right field bad, but have a feeling despite all the names that I have been mentioned we refuse to get rid of any big prospects and settle for a cheap option like schierholtz

Wandy suffered a set back over the weekend. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Pirates shut down Wandy Rodriguez following setback during rehab - CBSSports.com

EDIT - Old article. Assumed it was July 29th. Updated info. below. :hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
That article was written in June. Unless I missed something the pirates GM was just talking on his radio show how he resumed throwing this week and looked better than expected

I missed the article date but I swear on my NL-only league on ESPN I have him and it says he suffered a setback Saturday and the notification is dated Sun. July 28th.

Weird.

Here is what it says;

Rodriguez (forearm) felt pain after throwing Saturday but reported feeling much better Sunday, Bill Brink of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.
Spin:
The setback is believed to be minor, and Rodriguez will attempt to throw again Monday, but it's another hurdle on the left-hander's increasingly-long road back. He just increased his long toss to around 90 feet Friday, and there's no timetable for his return to elevated ground.
[Breaking News]
Sun, Jul 28

Sorry for the mistake on the article linked above. I saw it was written on the 29th and didn't even realize it was June 29th.

I'm inclined to believe that Pap is just playing the game to ensure he gets himself traded. He wants to play for a winner and who can blame him.

I don't necessarily blame him but he is and has always run his mouth through the media which I think is absurd.

I also don't think Philly would get much for him. His peripherals are declining quickly and so is his velocity and strikeouts. $12.5mil a year for a closer is quite steep.

WilPower.gif

uh huh

VN Store

Back