Daily Baseball 2013

Bingo.

On a side note, I had been waiting impatiently for Wil Myers to get the nod for a while now, and he has not disappointed.

Also, lol at the Royals for trading him. Idiots.

Any reason for this comment? David Lough is producing quite nicely in right (.297/.316/.441, with a WAR of 2.4). And, James Shields has been a solid number one.

Royals got good value for Myers, and Lough, while not as good as Myers, has been one of the very bright spots for KC this season.

Any reason for this comment? David Lough is producing quite nicely in right (.297/.316/.441, with a WAR of 2.4). And, James Shields has been a solid number one.

Royals got good value for Myers, and Lough, while not as good as Myers, has been one of the very bright spots for KC this season.

Wil Myers is a star, potentially a superstar even. While Lough may be nice he will never be Myers. Passing up years of organizational control of Myers for pennies on the dollars is never going to be worth James Shields. Who will be a free agent after next season at the latest. That was idiotic.

Wil Myers is a star, potentially a superstar even. While Lough may be nice he will never be Myers. Passing up years of organizational control of Myers for pennies on the dollars is never going to be worth James Shields. Who will be a free agent after next season at the latest. That was idiotic.

This x1000.

Seeing the Royals history with "can't miss" guys coming up through their organization, I'd say the smartest thing the Royals management could do would be to trade for guys that have proven it at the big league level. They did that and they got James Shields for two years. Fortunately for the Royals, they have also found a gem in David Lough.

Yeah, Myers looks like he actually will fulfill his potential. However, even for guys that have fulfilled their potential, that means little in Kansas City, since, at one time, the Royals had Beltran, Damon, and Dye in the same outfield...and still could not crack .500. Myers is good, but the Royals offense was good last season. What the Royals needed after last season was pitching, not more bats, no matter how long term the bat would be there. Unfortunately, Yost is a ****ing moron, and he decided to fire the batting coach, which led to the disaster that was the Royals month of May.

Myers is good and I hope he does really well. But, given the choice, I'd rather have Shields for two years and a chance to win either this season or next. Everyone in Kansas City understands that management sold out for a two-year window. And, the vast majority of Royals fans are happy that management finally did so.

Hopefully, Dayton Moore pulls the trigger on Hochever and Holland today, and maybe we can get Peavy and Gordon Beckham. That gives us pitching for the end of this season and next season, and provides relief for our 2B woes, and, we might still be able to get something for Santana.

I just can't help but laugh at some pirates fans. The same ones that were convinced the pirates were going to collapse prior to last nights game are now convinced that they are taking so long to announce a starter for the second game of the DH, because cliff lee is on his way to pittsburgh.

Seeing the Royals history with "can't miss" guys coming up through their organization, I'd say the smartest thing the Royals management could do would be to trade for guys that have proven it at the big league level. They did that and they got James Shields for two years. Fortunately for the Royals, they have also found a gem in David Lough.

Yeah, Myers looks like he actually will fulfill his potential. However, even for guys that have fulfilled their potential, that means little in Kansas City, since, at one time, the Royals had Beltran, Damon, and Dye in the same outfield...and still could not crack .500. Myers is good, but the Royals offense was good last season. What the Royals needed after last season was pitching, not more bats, no matter how long term the bat would be there. Unfortunately, Yost is a ****ing moron, and he decided to fire the batting coach, which led to the disaster that was the Royals month of May.

Myers is good and I hope he does really well. But, given the choice, I'd rather have Shields for two years and a chance to win either this season or next. Everyone in Kansas City understands that management sold out for a two-year window. And, the vast majority of Royals fans are happy that management finally did so.
Hopefully, Dayton Moore pulls the trigger on Hochever and Holland today, and maybe we can get Peavy and Gordon Beckham. That gives us pitching for the end of this season and next season, and provides relief for our 2B woes, and, we might still be able to get something for Santana.

I am not even going to pretend that I understand the plight of organizations like KC and to a greater extent the Pirates. The futility that those fanbases have had to endure is most unfortunate. Therefore, I can understand the reasoning of the bolded context. I understand there has been a lot of talented can't miss prospects in KC over the years. I can see how pawning off one of them seems like a feasible idea with the return dividends coming in the form of more wins being fed to a starved fanbase. However, it wasn't a move that tilted the meter to a playoff built machine. So I don't make that move. Myers, IMO is one of those truly rare guys that can change an organization's woes. Nonetheless, I have always been a big Wil Myers fan so there is probably a dab of homerism in my posts, but honestly I don't think that is the case here.

For the record, I would love to see KC return to prominence. KC of the 80's was a beautiful thing (not that I remember) but all indications lead me to the conclusion that it is a great Midwest baseball town. I root for them anytime they aren't playing the Tigers, or Braves.

But they will always be fools for trading Myers.

I just can't help but laugh at some pirates fans. The same ones that were convinced the pirates were going to collapse prior to last nights game are now convinced that they are taking so long to announce a starter for the second game of the DH, because cliff lee is on his way to pittsburgh.

I have been to Pittsburgh many times over the years to watch the Cards play. Pirates fans fall into 2 categories they're either very knowledgeable and know the game and their team or they have no clue and couldn't even tell you half the starters. You just don't find "average" fans in the Steel City. But one thing for sure, they're a very friendly fan base.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Winning does strange things to people.

I am not even going to pretend that I understand the plight of organizations like KC and to a greater extent the Pirates. The futility that those fanbases have had to endure is most unfortunate. Therefore, I can understand the reasoning of the bolded context. I understand there has been a lot of talented can't miss prospects in KC over the years. I can see how pawning off one of them seems like a feasible idea with the return dividends coming in the form of more wins being fed to a starved fanbase. However, it wasn't a move that tilted the meter to a playoff built machine. So I don't make that move. Myers, IMO is one of those truly rare guys that can change an organization's woes. Nonetheless, I have always been a big Wil Myers fan so there is probably a dab of homerism in my posts, but honestly I don't think that is the case here.

For the record, I would love to see KC return to prominence. KC of the 80's was a beautiful thing (not that I remember) but all indications lead me to the conclusion that it is a great Midwest baseball town. I root for them anytime they aren't playing the Tigers, or Braves.

But they will always be fools for trading Myers.

Ten or so decisions not to sacrifice bunt is the difference between Kansas City being in control of their destiny right now and hoping the tigers fall.

I have been to Pittsburgh many times over the years to watch the Cards play. Pirates fans fall into 2 categories they're either very knowledgeable and know the game and their team or they have no clue and couldn't even tell you half the starters. You just don't find "average" fans in the Steel City. But one thing for sure, they're a very friendly fan base.

I have to say this is a pretty spot on assessment. There were some "average" fans at one point, but the years of losing have moved them to the latter category that you mentioned.

I have to say this is a pretty spot on assessment. There were some "average" fans at one point, but the years of losing have moved them to the latter category that you mentioned.

Pittsburgh is a great sports city. And like I said the fans are very cool. One of my favorite away games to make. I rarely go a season without hitting Pittsburgh.

Wil Myers slash line: .328/.358/.533

I doubt the .328 last, but that power is REAL.

Also has 20/20 ability.

VN Store

Back