Daily Baseball 2013

You have team control over Harvey through his prime. You get him 5-6 years, not his whole career. I'd rather pay a 25 yr old absolutely dominant Harvey 500k than a 25 yr old Jose Fernandez 14M

You have team control over Harvey through his prime. You get him 5-6 years, not his whole career. I'd rather pay a 25 yr old absolutely dominant Harvey 500k than a 25 yr old Jose Fernandez 14M

The article is using "long-term success" as the metric for the rankings. I wasn't considering the scenario you pose above which is a decent point. All things equal and taking the money out of it I'd take the younger guy with dominant stuff and take the extra years as well.

Last edited:
Also of slight note, Indians DFA'd Mark Reynolds yesterday. I'd be pretty surprised if the Yankees don't pick him up.

The Pirates got 4 hits in the 1st inning. They did not score a run.

:crazy:

Haven't taken the time to look at the stats, but honestly think this team is worse with RISP than any of the teams during the 20 year losing streak.

Not looking like liriano's best night though. Wouldn't be surprised to see reds and cardinals gain some ground this weekend

VN Store

Back