Dan Mullen Vibes

Everybody is a unique individual, and there's no reason to compare Heup to Mullin. That said, Dan Mullin is a much smarter and more capable man than Billy Napier. It is what it is. Coaches get paid way way way way too much and they have a difficult personal life and it's in their best interest, always, to be fired.

Better to look at Heup and realize that he personally is already huge mess. Physically he just looks terrible. Managing the roster is way more work than it used to be. Mentally, who knows where he is, but he's not a guy who gets razor sharp in the last 2 minutes of a close game. He's not that. His contract incentivizes him to get fired above all else. His life will be way worse if he stays on the job. Worry about that. If he pulls his personal self together I think that's probably the best thing that can happen to UT football. I don't know the guy.
Physically he's out of shape, but then that happens when there's no time for exercise, and it can be fixed. Mentally he's far sharper than any coach since Majors. There are no signs that he has notable problems in his personal life. What's the problem again?

What he inherited is a roster better than everyone on the schedule that year outside of Florida, Alabama, and Georgia. He inherited a top 10 program all time that recruits top 15-20 recruiting classes by itself and he inherit Neyland stadium that literally wins games. He has a lot to prove next year.

You can't really think that.

I'll go ahead and start with the easy one... Ole Miss. Way better roster than we had.

Reactions: EasternVol
I'm not seeing the parallel here between Mullen and Heupel.
Mullen took some of the best recruiting classes in the nation and had a couple of good years and one bad year, then didn't recruit...so was shown the door.
Heupel took some of the WORST recruiting classes (you have to factor in those that left before Heupel arrived when evaluating Pruitt's recruiting classes) and has had a couple of good years and one year that some consider 'mediocre', but still not as bad as Mullen's at Florida...and oh yeah if things stay together, come signing day Heupel will have a Top 10 recruit class again.

Sorry, OP, just don't see any "Mullen vibes" here.

Everybody is a unique individual, and there's no reason to compare Heup to Mullin. That said, Dan Mullin is a much smarter and more capable man than Billy Napier. It is what it is. Coaches get paid way way way way too much and they have a difficult personal life and it's in their best interest, always, to be fired.

Better to look at Heup and realize that he personally is already huge mess. Physically he just looks terrible. Managing the roster is way more work than it used to be. Mentally, who knows where he is, but he's not a guy who gets razor sharp in the last 2 minutes of a close game. He's not that. His contract incentivizes him to get fired above all else. His life will be way worse if he stays on the job. Worry about that. If he pulls his personal self together I think that's probably the best thing that can happen to UT football. I don't know the guy.
Da fuq I just read?

I look for us to be back offensively as we were the last yr of Hooker this coming year. I still believe the offense was numbed down because of Milton, and Milton is a very likeable guy, and if pulled Hype would have lost the locker room. Then we would have played like we did against SC last year. Just my opinion.
Depends on the returning players, especially the OL.
The defense is losing a lot too.

You can't really think that.

I'll go ahead and start with the easy one... Ole Miss. Way better roster than we had.
No way. That’s the one people usually point to and the only one that people really have some type of argument, but we still had quite a bit more talent than them.

I thought with the NIL money and strategy, recruiting would be a non-factor with Heup and his staff. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the sky is falling (yet). However, the parallels with Heupel at Tennessee and Mullen's time at Florida are starting to look too similar. They both struck quickly and found success but then the recruiting somewhat flat-lined. The Steaton decision was kind of strange and I am not a fan of a recruit, coach or fans pulling immutable traits into decision making, but it does seem like Heupel is putting his eggs into the basket of players that do not fit Tennessee. Hopefully he gets it figured out.
Did all of you people forget?

Attachments

• IMG_1136.jpeg
    IMG_1136.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1135.jpeg
    IMG_1135.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1134.jpeg
    IMG_1134.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Native Orange

Kids still grow up eating paint chips? Unfortunate.

I didnt forget, and nor did many others forget. Heupel elevated the program. The question we all must ask ourselves is, did he lift the floor or the ceiling? My assessment is he's between a Richt and a Mullen. Tennessee should be every bit as good as a UGA or a Florida.

I didnt forget, and nor did many others forget. Heupel elevated the program. The question we all must ask ourselves is, did he lift the floor or the ceiling? My assessment is he's between a Richt and a Mullen. Tennessee should be every bit as good as a UGA or a Florida.
Don't forget about the huge advantage both of them have with the numbers of high quality football players in their state.

Reactions: Native Orange
Don't forget about the huge advantage both of them have with the numbers of high quality football players in their state.
six-hour radius. The only place comparable to Knoxville is T-Town just to be honest. Also, Athens and Gainsville have nothing on K-Town.

What he inherited is a roster better than everyone on the schedule that year outside of Florida, Alabama, and Georgia. He inherited a top 10 program all time that recruits top 15-20 recruiting classes by itself and he inherit Neyland stadium that literally wins games. He has a lot to prove next year.

He inherited a dumpster fire. A 3-7 team surrounded by scandal. Roster limits and potential NCAA bans. And we basically lost our whole 2021 class.

You are delusional.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
He inherited a dumpster fire. A 3-7 team surrounded by scandal. Roster limits and potential NCAA bans. And we basically lost our whole 2021 class.

You are delusional.
And we still had a better roster than everyone but the 3 teams that matter. I’ve heard all this before.

VN Store

Back