Daniel gray leaving?

I remember this. He was tweeting about it a WHILE back, and he said he was done and moving back then. He stayed though, so I thought he was going to be here for the long haul. Apparently he was just waiting for the school year to end. Sucks, but he wasn't going to make that big of a difference this year. Still needs a lot of work to be on the field consistently.

Another Dooley reminder of lost opportunities

Phillips
Taylor
Gray
Bonner
Bourque
Watson

Arnett
Clear
Lanier
Martin

Brown
Clark
Dixon
Loften
Meline
Nance
Milton
Rogers

Doesn't matter how fast you run if you can't cover. The clowns last year couldn't even cover their own mouth during a sneeze. Pitiful.

Coverage you can teach. Speed is a God given gift and should never be overlooked.

I wish him luck, but wish he was still here. Lots of guys don't show what they can do until their Junior and even Senior seasons.

Reactions: 1 person
Quote from his Official Tennessee Bio.

Possesses top-flight speed, clocking in at 4.32 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the Under Armour All-American camp
Running forward.

Backpedalling, turning? Did anyone watch he fail to combat receivers at the LOS?

Does anyone on this forum actually watch the games? :crazy:

Running forward.

Backpedalling, turning? Did anyone watch he fail to combat receivers at the LOS?

He was a true freshman playing in the Sec against the best talent.

Running forward.

Can you wish a former Vol good luck and hope for the best without denigrating him? At this point, we need as many defensive players, especially in the secondary that we can get. We're thin, we're talent short, and CBJ & Co. must try to coach up what we have on hand. So this stomping our players and departing players makes UT fans look so arrogant and unwelcoming. Besides that, the kid was a freshman last season, received minimal coaching, and played against proven conference talent. If nothing else, can you thank the kid for coming here to begin with and sweating on both the practice and playing field?

Don't get antsy. Anyone who has seen me posting here since my arrival knows I'm very pro-player when it comes to our Vols. Somebody has to be with all the putdowns I see here about our players. I swear if one sneezed and it sounded like "Ahsu" intead of "Achoo" some would find that cause to boil them in eucalyptus oil heated with a fusion furnace.

Reactions: 3 people
nothing against Gray, but it sounds like he would have been recruited over anyway in this cycle or the next. So him leaving now just frees up another scholly....wish him the best, but.... #next

Sounds like there's nothing to see here.

However, Hubbs and others have warned that we could see some guys transfer in the coming months. It's typical in the summer, especially after the first spring camp with a new coach. So brace yourselves...

...and bite the pillow?

Can you wish a former Vol good luck and hope for the best without denigrating him? At this point, we need as many defensive players, especially in the secondary that we can get. We're thin, we're talent short, and CBJ & Co. must try to coach up what we have on hand. So this stomping our players and departing players makes UT fans look so arrogant and unwelcoming. Besides that, the kid was a freshman last season, received minimal coaching, and played against proven conference talent. If nothing else, can you thank the kid for coming here to begin with and sweating on both the practice and playing field?

Don't get antsy. Anyone who has seen me posting here since my arrival knows I'm very pro-player when it comes to our Vols. Somebody has to be with all the putdowns I see here about our players. I swear if one sneezed and it sounded like "Ahsu" intead of "Achoo" some would find that cause to boil them in eucalyptus oil heated with a fusion furnace.

Even prime time got beat as a freshman, give him a break.

VN Store

Back