Democrats introduce bill to make Washington, D.C., the 51st state

DC isn’t a state. It’s already a part of the U.S. What’s the point? What’s the upside? What’s behind this?
What's the downside? Betting most are against it for political reasons. Incredibly shallow ones.

Surely you're not serious? The dumb tards in charge think the will be in charge forever if they just add two more senators with "d's" next to their names.
And? Never understood why people are so threatened by this stuff.

Let me guess it will lead to record unemployment and trillions of deficit spending as well as the erosion of our rights? Too bad that all happens just as much under the Rs.

You are fighting over the deck chairs on the titanic. Neither party does one thing to fix the leak or avoid the next iceberg.

I say if they are going to open the door to add a state, they should give equal opportunity to those that want to leave.

Seems fair.
My wife texted me something about "Texit" today.

We could become a bigger energy producer than the other 49 combined, at the rate things are going.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
Simply declare DC an exclusion zone created for the purpose of being the seat of the federal government and kick the squatters out.

Reactions: StarRaider
And? Never understood why people are so threatened by this stuff.

Let me guess it will lead to record unemployment and trillions of deficit spending as well as the erosion of our rights? Too bad that all happens just as much under the Rs.

You are fighting over the deck chairs on the titanic. Neither party does one thing to fix the leak or avoid the next iceberg.

If you were concerned, you would at least not open hatches. Sheet.
Called pagmatism

Reactions: AM64
90% Democrats in DC.

Each state gets 2 senators.

What is the benefit of 2 more Democrat senators in congress?
Better question is why do we need more government period? The reason for doing this is partisan. The reason it was set up the way it currently is was anything but. In this instance it should remain as it has been.

90% Democrats in DC.

Each state gets 2 senators.

What is the benefit of 2 more Democrat senators in congress?
It's always been that way in this country.

Maybe politicians need to get freaking good at their job and stop worrying about temporary gains and losses.

So should the american people.

It's always been that way in this country.

Maybe politicians need to get freaking good at their job and stop worrying about temporary gains and losses.

So should the american people.
What does your post have to do with turning DC into a state?

VN Store

Back