Democrats introduce bill to make Washington, D.C., the 51st state

Because in this case fighting the statehood is also playing politics. So either way you are playing politics.

I am just sliding with the peoples right for self determination. They seem to believe that leaving DC to go to a state is not an option. So like the territories of old they vote for a new state.

Fighting DC statehood is not playing politics, its following the rule of law and the constitution.

I can see the Texican/Bammer now.

At this point, the public should just take up arms against the government and kick these clowns out. They have apponted themselves as Kings and Queens, they're nothing more than pimps. I'm convinced the United States will fall within the next 30 years.

More states, yeah slippery slope. Should have stopped with the first 13 right?
The only reason to make DC a state is politics. The federal government is not supposed to exist within a state, so the current idea is to shrink the federal district down to the WH, the Capitol, and the SCOTUS, then make the rest a state. The only reason the Dems want it to happen is 2 more Democratic Senators, and however many Representatives. If they want to shrink the federal district, I'm fine with that. But the leftover land should then be returned to either Maryland or Virginia.

JMO, but if Dems are hellbent on adding a state, they should look at Puerto Rico or other U.S. territories to do so.

Or we could go with my plan to invade Canada.

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back