Depth at RB

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
So we only had four scholarship players practicing at receiver. But when everyone is healthy this fall, and we add the newcomers, bodies shouldn't be an issue.

I'm not sure that's the case at RB. We have Neal. Hopefully the situation with Lane isn't serious. Then there's Hill. And Lee will arrive this summer. Who else am I missing?

What's the deal with Tom Smith? Have we heard anything about him this spring? He must be behind Hill, based on the reps at practice today.

CJG spoke very, very highly of Jabo. It would only make sense that Jabo kicks butt to give the CJG haters some ammo.

I just hope they all run like their shoes are on fire and the endzone is water!!!

Reactions: 3 people
What's the deal with Tom Smith? Have we heard anything about him this spring? He must be behind Hill, based on the reps at practice today.

You see him in a couple highlights.. Not sure the issues with him, I was excited about him

Big kid coming off injury and understands time is suddenly not on his side !

Actually we cud bring Jaron Toney (sp) back over or put JRM at RB as Freshman to get him some early playing time. Devrin Young ? Point is we have some options to go 3-4 deep if in fact Lane is not back.

So we only had four scholarship players practicing at receiver. But when everyone is healthy this fall, and we add the newcomers, bodies shouldn't be an issue.

I'm not sure that's the case at RB. We have Neal. Hopefully the situation with Lane isn't serious. Then there's Hill. And Lee will arrive this summer. Who else am I missing?

Tom Smith. :good!:

Actually we cud bring Jaron Toney (sp) back over or put JRM at RB as Freshman to get him some early playing time. Devrin Young ? Point is we have some options to go 3-4 deep if in fact Lane is not back.

I don't know about JRM...I kind of wish they would put him at LB since that's a huge position of need. With his speed and nose for the ball he could be really good...just not sure if he's heavy enough to be sec LB. I read soemwhere that he was about 200 but should prolly be closer to 225-230

Tom Smith may be battling an injury. One practice support I read today mentioned him hanging with the injured group after working out during the opening drills.

VQ said if depth remains a concern, both Pig and Devrin will get some looks at RB. I kind of like the idea of Pig going back there.

We need Lee to come in and be dynamic. Neal is avg at best and now Lane, who's about the same, appears to be a bit AWOL. Real issues at not only RB but at WR too despite the Dooley apologists who swear he left a great roster for CBJ.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back