Depth at RB

He could be back in five minutes too. :crazy:

Yup, that's what I was saying....No, smart guy, I just don't assume that because a guy isn't practicing for disciplinary reasons that they are automatically kicked off of the team. Every player isn't Nukeese.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I hope hill kills it, he was one of my favorite recruits in his class cause he bled orange from the get-go and really seemed like a good kid. maybe we can finally have a rb that doesnt shy away from contact and runs straight ahead again....
Lane did. But that is all he did. The lateral mobility of a snail and the vision of a cabbage. :blink:

We will see a difference before our eyes next year. Players do get better eventhough its hard to see. We have real coaching now!

Agree we have much, much better coaching ... hope they squeeze the potential out of Lane, Neal, Hill and Lee this year. But our talent goes way up next year with Jalen and Trayvon.

The depth, short and long term, at RB, LB, DE/DT, and DB should be horrifying to the coaching staff and to anyone who cares about UT football. In the 2013 class, one RB (Jabo Lee, hopefully his vast ACT improvement doesn't ring too many alarm bells with the NCAA), two possibls LBs (Corey Vereen, who is now a DE, and JRM, with rumors of him playing S or RB), three DEs (with one or two probably moving to DT, which simply means one position or the other is short), and four projected DBs (three corners and one safety). In the 2012 class, UT has one out of three RBs left (Alden Hill and lost Borque and Watson), have the only LB left (Bynum, a RS-freshman), have three of six DE/DTs left and one graduates this year, and only two of three DBs left. And it goes on. I still don't understand why CBJ didn't grab the two JUCO DTs from Kansas because they would have provided much needed short term depth (they could've been redshirted too).
Horrified? Horrified?
You, sir are a trolls' troll.

I would suggest "stroked out" so let's be honest, sir, for once in your life.

:bash:

If the vols ol is the best in the conference or nation like some on vn say then an average back can have a great year..:D

Also sounds like some are making excuses already before the season starts.. we shall see.

So reasons for struggling don't exist. They are all just excuses?

Tom Smith may be battling an injury. One practice support I read today mentioned him hanging with the injured group after working out during the opening drills.

Thanks for giving this clue; I wondered why I didn't see him in the O&W.

VN Store

Back