Derek Dooley to Cowboys (merged)

He treated plenty of people like s**t too. What goes around...

Probably true, but when you r head honcho you have to be tough. Some just take it like crybabies. Especially the ones in our AD that were use to being pampered.

Josh Briscoe, who happens (or I guess the proper word is "happened" now) to be a Cowboys fan, just tweeted this:

Ok...after all these years sticking by them...today was the last straw. I am no longer a Cowboys fan. #didtheyreallyjusthiredooley

Yankee. Haha. Who even uses that term anymore? My grandmother was the last I knew

She was the last Yankee you knew or the last time you heard the term "yankee"... Not suprising coming from the Left Coast. Come on great quake of 2013 !!! Break that state off already, what an anchor on our nation. Pay relatively almost nothing in taxes and receive 13% of all Federal/National financing. Yankee ha ha ....indeed sir. Indeed.

Reactions: 1 person
She was the last Yankee you knew or the last time you heard the term "yankee"... Not suprising coming from the Left Coast. Come on great quake of 2013 !!! Break that state off already, what an anchor on our nation. Pay relatively almost nothing in taxes and receive 13% of all Federal/National financing. Yankee ha ha ....indeed sir. Indeed.

Last time I heard it. I grew up in Nashville and never heard anyone really say it except for old people. Just an observation.

By the way, I don't give a crap about California. I am actually moving out of here

At the end of the day he wasn't hired as HC for the cowboys, but WRs coach. The WRs during his time were very good and some of the best in the country. People on here really need to learn how to be objective critics.

Dooley must have burned up the phone lines for the last couple of months in an effort to land some menial position, or any position, so that he could borrow a line from Jessee Jackson, "I am somebody."

Dooley must have burned up the phone lines for the last couple of months in an effort to land some menial position, or any position, so that he could borrow a line from Jessee Jackson, "I am somebody."

The most ignorant comment in the thread. Seriously man if you would read the other comments you'd know that Garrett and him are really good friends and have worked together before. The cowboys have been cleaning house and lots of these positions just opened up this week. So good chance garrett wanted him just as much as Dooley's wife wanted to move back home to FTW.

Yankee. Haha. Who even uses that term anymore? My grandmother was the last I knew

It's obvious you don't live in the south, a lot of people still use that term. I do, but I could care less if a Yankee coaches the Vols as long as he wins. BTW I don't mind being called a hick, but don't call me ignorant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I am glad for him. Plus, I can see it now in the huddle,"Dez, well um you just do what you do" perfect fit for DD as Dez really doesn't need coaching nor does Miles Austin.

VN Store

Back