Did butch keep the traditions?

Did butch keep the traditions?

• Total voters
Smokey is a school color. I love them and think we should keep them. Also I haven heard a lot of complaining when the lady vols had gray in their uniforms. I would just have a different helmet for it. Maybe like a flat orange with a white T on it.

My only question is, if we roll these out against South Carolina, and they beat us, do we wear them again?

That's my question as well. If Butch want's the smokey uni's to become a part of our wardrobe we arr going to need a W on the first outing for sure.

This is what is on the University webpage

How long has Smokey been one of the school colors?

I heard a guy on the radio this afternoon point out that the baseball team wears gray on the road all the time.

Seems like the men's bball team has too (unless I'm just imagining that).

We have been unexciting losers the last several years. We seem to be getting some excitement back and 18 yr olds that we need to get us back don't care about traditional uni's

CBJ knew some of the old farts er traditionalists were going to be pissed. What I love about him is he did it anyway. We have a new attitude on the hill, a top recruiting class, recruits committing every other day and we have fans whining over color scheme. No Homophobe but how g#y is that. Seriously think about it.

If it gets the players excited and results in more wins, they could be pink for all I care.

We have been unexciting losers the last several years. We seem to be getting some excitement back and 18 yr olds that we need to get us back don't care about traditional uni's
I'm glad to know that coaching and recruiting haven't been a reason the Vols have been losing so much lately. I'm now sure that the only good players we have any hopes of landing will only come because of the uniform changes. It is sorta sad they aren't interested in tradition, Neyland stadium and the chance to bring the proud Tennessee Volunteers back to national prominence as a motivation.

Reactions: 6 people
CBJ knew some of the old farts er traditionalists were going to be pissed. What I love about him is he did it anyway. We have a new attitude on the hill, a top recruiting class, recruits committing every other day and we have fans whining over color scheme. No Homophobe but how g#y is that. Seriously think about it.
You need to address your latent homophobic tendencies. There is no gay in football!

Reactions: 1 person
I'm glad to know that coaching and recruiting haven't been a reason the Vols have been losing so much lately. I'm now sure that the only good players we have any hopes of landing will only come because of the uniform changes. It is sorta sad they aren't interested in tradition, Neyland stadium and the chance to bring the proud Tennessee Volunteers back to national prominence as a motivation.

it's good to know that you just made all that **** up like a typical ff poster.

Omg in 19 whatever do any of u believe there was orange to choose from to make uniforms? Then BnW TV's if any for the next 30 yes. So it didn't matter. Recruits know our colors when they sign. I think the smokey color was added very recently on the Tn web page, my media guides from lots of years have nothing but Orange n White as official colors. If you can't be proud of the tradition we have built over all these years, maybe you should not call yourself Big Orange fans, if you really believe you have to throw all this away to placate a 17, or 18 yr old something is really wrong with this fan base. These unis need to be ship the way of the orange shoes, before they make it on the field.just slap a duck on the helment and call us Oregon East. I bet Bama doesn't want to change unis. !!!!!!! Thanks for letting me vent on the fact that I think Butch slapped tradition in the face

Reactions: 2 people

Absolutely! Things like cool-looking new uniforms are exactly what's needed to bring in today's recruits. While we're at it, let's get rid of Down The Field and Rocky Top. Won't recruits be embarrassed by that Hillbilly stuff? Let's have the team run onto the field with rap music blaring. And no more talk about General Neyland and the maxims; enough of that 1930s BS! Lane Kiffin didn't like that crap, and he was right! We shouldn't either; it's time to move on! I just bet that USC, Bama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Notre Dame, Florida State, and others will all be getting their own Robocop uniforms as well. Bring on the season; we're going to be Cincinnati South, and I am stoked! :rock:

Jeez. I wish we'd never fired Coach Fulmer. I'm beginning to think that things may never be right again.

Reactions: 3 people
I bet Bama doesn't want to change unis. !!!!!!! Thanks for letting me vent on the fact that I think Butch slapped tradition in the face

We ain't bama... One could question your "fan card" for acting like we should try to be like our most hated rival. Just as you question our fan card for wanting to start new traditions.

I'm not saying you have to love them but geez they were just unveiled today. Give it a chance its one game a freakin year...

One game is too many for those uniforms. The reference to Bama is they aren't changing unis to win or recruit. How crazy is Butch to do this, cause if that's all it takes, then why do u think we haven't just won multiple championships, n recruits knocking at our door ???

Absolutely! Things like cool-looking new uniforms are exactly what's needed to bring in today's recruits. While we're at it, let's get rid of Down The Field and Rocky Top. Won't recruits be embarrassed by that Hillbilly stuff? Let's have the team run onto the field with rap music blaring. And no more talk about General Neyland and the maxims; enough of that 1930s BS! Lane Kiffin didn't like that crap, and he was right! We shouldn't either; it's time to move on! I just bet that USC, Bama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Notre Dame, Florida State, and others will all be getting their own Robocop uniforms as well. Bring on the season; we're going to be Cincinnati South, and I am stoked! :rock:

Jeez. I wish we'd never fired Coach Fulmer. I'm beginning to think that things may never be right again.
Amen!!

We ain't bama... One could question your "fan card" for acting like we should try to be like our most hated rival. Just as you question our fan card for wanting to start new traditions.

I'm not saying you have to love them but geez they were just unveiled today. Give it a chance its one game a freakin year...

As u say we ain't Bama, but we ain't Tennessee either

Omg in 19 whatever do any of u believe there was orange to choose from to make uniforms? Then BnW TV's if any for the next 30 yes. So it didn't matter. Recruits know our colors when they sign. I think the smokey color was added very recently on the Tn web page, my media guides from lots of years have nothing but Orange n White as official colors. If you can't be proud of the tradition we have built over all these years, maybe you should not call yourself Big Orange fans, if you really believe you have to throw all this away to placate a 17, or 18 yr old something is really wrong with this fan base. These unis need to be ship the way of the orange shoes, before they make it on the field.just slap a duck on the helment and call us Oregon East. I bet Bama doesn't want to change unis. !!!!!!! Thanks for letting me vent on the fact that I think Butch slapped tradition in the face

I know its been rehashed a million times but the Smokey color is a School Color. The basketball and baseball teams have and are using it. And Butch thinks that the new Unis will help in recruiting. But by looking at the current Rival rankings below.....what does Butch know about recruiting??? We would probably just be better letting you make those decisions.

Yahoo! rivals.com
2014 Team Rankings

#1 Tennessee 24 0 12 11 3.46 2253
#2 Alabama 18 0 11 6 3.56 2109
#3 Florida State 24 0 8 13 3.21
#4 Miami (FL) 26 0 9 12 3.15 1993
#5 Kentucky 22 0 7 14 3.27 1973
#6 Notre Dame 17 2 8 6 3.65 1950
#7 Texas 0 6 14 3.18 1856
#8 Georgia 16 1 9 3 3.5 1792
#9 Mississippi 20 0 5 13 3.15 1762
#10 Ohio State 16 0 8 6 3.38 1756

I know its been rehashed a million times but the Smokey color is a School Color. The basketball and baseball teams have and are using it. And Butch thinks that the new Unis will help in recruiting. But by looking at the current Rival rankings below.....what does Butch know about recruiting??? We would probably just be better letting you make those decisions.

Yahoo! rivals.com
2014 Team Rankings

Ah yes, but we had not change the unis to achieve this. Omg we could have been #1 every year had we changed them sooner.!!

Reactions: 2 people
Ah yes, but we had not change the unis to achieve this. Omg we could have been #1 every year had we changed them sooner.!!

Or we could just never ever make any changes ever to the unis because they have been the same since the early 1900's......oh wait nevermind.

And no the unis didn't get us to where we are now in recruiting. BUTCH DID!. So if he thinks these will help in future recruiting who are you to question him. How many recruits have you closed for this program this year?

Yahoo! rivals.com
2014 Team Rankings

No one said Butch couldn't recruit, Its my opinion he's color blind .baseball team unis have been screwed up so long they have no clue what their color is.or how to play. As 4 basketball the same for not winning, but I have yet to c them wear anything but O n W. Unless its this year, then he's in the same delusion as Butch, that it directly ties the color of the uniform to winning, or recruiting.

Old guys can argue all they want. Every generation has started traditions. From orange jerseys, to Rocky top, to the power T. Nothing is being taken away. It's this generation's turn to add something. Let them have it. Oh yeah, and they look awesome.

Reactions: 4 people
Or we could just never ever make any changes ever to the unis because they have been the same since the early 1900's......oh wait nevermind.

And no the unis didn't get us to where we are now in recruiting. BUTCH DID!. So if he thinks these will help in future recruiting who are you to question him. How many recruits have you closed for this program this year?

I don't bow to breaking tradition. Let's just throw the whole crayon box of colors at them anytime we have a loosing season from now on, saves money on a coach. Smokey is a dog, bear or mountains around here, not uniforms, "We R The Big Orange"

Last edited:

VN Store

Back