DID you like or dislike Casey Clausen?

nationalchamps2006UT

I remember at times he was loveable... he made plays but also, i remember he could barely score against MARSHALL one year... and he also threw some passes that were verrrry bad... Were y'all a fan or him or not?

I knew it was too good to be true -- close to a week with no Casey Clausen talk. I hope you two know what kind of can you've just opened.

Let the games begin!!!

Originally posted by nationalchamps2006UT@Jan 20, 2005 3:15 PM
I remember at times he was loveable... he made plays but also, i remember he could barely score against MARSHALL one year... and he also threw some passes that were verrrry bad... Were y'all a fan or him or not?

We won against Marshall like 24 or something to 7. The only reason MU scored is because UT was wanting to run the score up in the 4th Quarter and a pick was returned for 6. No, he didn't put up 45 pts but we won the game.

I liked Casey but just when I thought he was going to step to the next level he'd have a game like the fumblefest against Florida in Neyland. What was like 5 botched snaps in that game? :banghead:

Casey was a good QB it just seemed to me that he didn't mesh with the team everytime you saw him on the sidelines he was sitting by himself plus he was plauged with the "I" players like "I am the future "washington

No I wasnt a fan of him. Was at first but you have to consider the talent he was surrounded with and what he did with it. He just might have had the most recieving talent ut had at one time. Not the whole time he was was here but his first couple of years it was insain. (Witten Stallworth Washington.....just those three alone were enough but he did alright. The bowl game against Michigan was by far his shining moment. The facts just are that his arm wasn't godd enough to get it done. If he would have had some mobility it would have helped but everyone knows he was less mobile than probably any qb in ut history. So to answer your question I wasnt satisfied with Casey's abilities, wished they would have given kelly washington a chance to play qb like they said they would.

Originally posted by volmanjr@Jan 20, 2005 3:25 PM
Casey was a good QB it just seemed to me that he didn't mesh with the team everytime you saw him on the sidelines he was sitting by himself plus he was plauged with the "I" players like "I am the future "washington

I would have to say the good outweighs the bad.. but the bad is a good laugh at times

Originally posted by nationalchamps2006UT+Jan 20, 2005 3:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nationalchamps2006UT @ Jan 20, 2005 3:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-volmanjr@Jan 20, 2005 3:25 PM
Casey was a good QB it just seemed to me that he didn&#39;t mesh with the team everytime you saw him on the sidelines he was sitting by himself plus he was plauged with the "I" players like "I am the future "washington

I would have to say the good outweighs the bad.. but the bad is a good laugh at times [/quote]
kelley washington left early... he was incredibly good... the thing was he COULD play another position, clausen couldnt

I thought that overall, Washington was bad for our team. He messed up the team and unity thing. He was good though.

When i think Casey, I think 2003 Georgia game. Fumbled hand off for a defensive touchdown...and our getting our asses kicked.

Casey should write a book and call it, "How to throw for 10,000 yards and not be Appreciated".

Originally posted by GAVol@Jan 20, 2005 3:47 PM
Casey should write a book and call it, "How to throw for 10,000 yards and not be Appreciated".

...and he would sell 20 copies :beer:

i think that everyone dislikes him because he was the qb of the team who couldnt beat georgia and then he was the qb of the team that started off no5. and just stunk it up. hes like jason campell of last year. he played good but no one liked him because they lost. im happy he got his chance. (now that i look back on it)

Originally posted by GAVol@Jan 20, 2005 3:47 PM

:dlol: I would buy it, but I am a sucker for a bargain.

I don&#39;t see why people constantly bash Casey Clausen. Realistically, other than his first two years he did not have even above average talent to throw it to. A lot of that was due to inexperience at the wideout position. The guy is second all time in almost all statistical categories for passing behind Peyton Manning. He obviously wasn&#39;t the best QB UT has ever had but he competed hard every game.

Originally posted by zizou@Jan 20, 2005 4:12 PM
I don&#39;t see why people constantly bash Casey Clausen. Realistically, other than his first two years he did not have even above average talent to throw it to. A lot of that was due to inexperience at the wideout position. The guy is second all time in almost all statistical categories for passing behind Peyton Manning. He obviously wasn&#39;t the best QB UT has ever had but he competed hard every game.

The main thing that ticked me off abou Casey Clausen is he didn&#39;t improve, and may have even gotten worse, as his career went on.
In his Sophmore year, he was the MAN.. and that&#39;s when he had the least help.. and by his senior year, he turned into "the guy who threw for 10,000 yards and never got appreciated"

And we&#39;re off...Leave him alone. His only demise to fame as UT&#39;s all time QB in most categories was following the presence and performance of Peyton Manning. Casey didn&#39;t win/choke any more or less than PM did in some key big games. And PM had a stronger receiving and tailback crew all 4 years he was QB verses maybe one strong year of compliments for Casey. Let&#39;s move on people.

Originally posted by GVF@Jan 20, 2005 4:23 PM
And we&#39;re off...Leave him alone. His only demise to fame as UT&#39;s all time QB in most categories was following the presence and performance of Peyton Manning. Casey didn&#39;t win/choke any more or less than PM did in some key big games. And PM had a stronger receiving and tailback crew all 4 years he was QB verses maybe one strong year of compliments for Casey. Let&#39;s move on people.

true, but it is quite the popular topic

Originally posted by nationalchamps2006UT+Jan 20, 2005 4:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nationalchamps2006UT @ Jan 20, 2005 4:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GVF@Jan 20, 2005 4:23 PM
And we&#39;re off...Leave him alone.  His only demise to fame as UT&#39;s all time QB in most categories was following the presence and performance of Peyton Manning.  Casey didn&#39;t win/choke any more or less than PM did in some key big games.  And PM had a stronger receiving and tailback crew all 4 years he was QB verses maybe one strong year of compliments for Casey.  Let&#39;s move on people.

true, but it is quite the popular topic [/quote]
was anyone at the gators game when wilhoit missed? i was watching it on TV and i was going crazy

My dad said the most true thing I think I&#39;ve heard about Casey, he made good situations better, and he made bad situations worse.

VN Store

Back