Did you want Bray to return or glad someone new is going to play QB?

Along with 30 NFL GM's whose job hangs in the balance of evaluating talent. This guy has it figured out though.

How many teams are there in college football? How many have NFL QB's? He actually is with a team and could make an NFL roster and was a true junior. To think he is not better than what we have or even our opponents have at QB is silly.

If he could have had a better attitude then possibly but I truly believe he would have been a cancer with this year's team too. It was time for him to move on.

No doubt in my mind I wanted him back. Another year to mature and certainly with a defense that is not going to continue to place the weight of the world on the offense's shoulders over and over and over... Sure. But I'm also cool with where we are headed without him.

Wish him well in NFL, but bye bye Bray. Immense talent, too many mind games and way too much attitude. Make a clean break and start new.

Bray would have had another year to mature and clean up his act and CBJ wouldn't have given him any slack on things like watching tape and silly footwork/mechanics. It would have made him or broke him.

I guess you are all right......Worely is the answer this year bahahahahahahahahahahahaha....you will be wishing for Bray soon enough...Worely doesn't have a fraction of his talent....hopefully Peterman can surprise us all because Worely certainly isn't the answer...

Reactions: 1 person
I guess you are all right......Worely is the answer this year bahahahahahahahahahahahaha....you will be wishing for Bray soon enough...Worely doesn't have a fraction of his talent....hopefully Peterman can surprise us all because Worely certainly isn't the answer...
Worley is better than you give him credit for.

god fans like you are dumb

like i said before there was a time when it was rare to see UT get a first down against anyone...bray was n't the problem last year defense was

Exactly! Those critical games that could've been won rested on the defense; not the offensive attack lead by Bray.

Based on what???? He hasn't shown me anything so far...
Based on statistics, instead of a bad throw or two that you remember. In 2011, Worley was a true freshman. He saw meaningful action in only 3 games. His first outing against So. Car. was not good, but he was a true freshman, going against a very good defense. Of course, had Da'Rick actually caught a 50 yard bomb laid right in his hands, it might have helped the young quarterback's confidence.

Against MTSU, he completed 23-32 for 291 yards and one TD. Of course, you will say that it was against a weak defense. Well, out of a 12 game schedule, only 2 qb's threw for a better percentage against MTSU. One completed 25-32, but for 61 fewer yards. The other only threw about half as many passes. If you think that these MTSU stats are meaningless, what would a "GOOD" qb's stats have been for that game?

Worley had a mediocre outing against Ark. the next week, completing half of his passes for a little over 200 yards. As a true freshman, this does not make him a disaster.

The only meaningful action that Worley got in 2012 was against Vandy, where he was 8-11 for 51 yards and one INT. Also, the interception was caused by Patterson running the wrong route, and turning inside when the ball was released. A later pass on the next drive was about a 25 yard pass into the endzone which hit Justin Hunter in the facemask. Bray in that game was far worse, completing 11-29 for 103 with 2 interceptions.

Reactions: 1 person
Based on statistics, instead of a bad throw or two that you remember. In 2011, Worley was a true freshman. He saw meaningful action in only 3 games. His first outing against So. Car. was not good, but he was a true freshman, going against a very good defense. Of course, had Da'Rick actually caught a 50 yard bomb laid right in his hands, it might have helped the young quarterback's confidence.

Against MTSU, he completed 23-32 for 291 yards and one TD. Of course, you will say that it was against a weak defense. Well, out of a 12 game schedule, only 2 qb's threw for a better percentage against MTSU. One completed 25-32, but for 61 fewer yards. The other only threw about half as many passes. If you think that these MTSU stats are meaningless, what would a "GOOD" qb's stats have been for that game?

Worley had a mediocre outing against Ark. the next week, completing half of his passes for a little over 200 yards. As a true freshman, this does not make him a disaster.

The only meaningful action that Worley got in 2012 was against Vandy, where he was 8-11 for 51 yards and one INT. Also, the interception was caused by Patterson running the wrong route, and turning inside when the ball was released. A later pass on the next drive was about a 25 yard pass into the endzone which hit Justin Hunter in the facemask. Bray in that game was far worse, completing 11-29 for 103 with 2 interceptions.

He threw an INT against George State. Case closed.

Nice data Grad... I swear I'm gonna pull like crazy for this kid to prove the anti Worley naysayers wrong. Jeez.

I for one am glad he is gone. I think the Gruden show shed light into just what type of player he really was. A million dollar arm with a ten cent head! He wasn't a winner. A person who when the game was on the line, failed time and time again. Gruden saw that and so did the rest of the NFL. That's why he wasn't drafted.

Reactions: 2 people
Nice data Grad... I swear I'm gonna pull like crazy for this kid to prove the anti Worley naysayers wrong. Jeez.
Thanks. Worley seems like a nice, clean cut, likeable kid. He had a tremendous high school career, and I'm not going to throw him under the bus, considering the minimal amount of playing time that he has had. He may or may not prove to be a great qb, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt, at least until he has had a chance. Three games as a true freshman, and less than a quarter this past year isn't enough of a test for me to write him off, especially since he performed admirably in two of the outings.

Reactions: 3 people
Worley is better than you give him credit for.

I agree, Grad, what crunchimusmaximus and similar VN members refuse to understand is that:

1. Worley was thrown to the wolves his freshman year because Simms couldn't produce when Bray was out of it.
2. Worley spotted Bray in situations except for maybe against MTSU where he wasn't allowed enough time to get any rhythm with the receivers. As you can be sure that understandably, Bray gobbled up all the time with them during practices.
3. I for one don't believe either he or Bray got the coaching they should have had.
4. O&W game, many of the main receivers were out of the game and plays were vanilla and haphazard to the point fans and even little kids could call plays. The defense knew what was coming and did well as a result.

Worley was not Gatorade POY for nothing and we will see why when he has the receivers he needs to work with. He will get them. The bunch we had during spring practice are learning a new system and are young and unproven to boot. But they have some damned fine coaches who will have them ready by game 3 to play like university (as opposed to high school) level. The new ones coming in, if they have been doing pre-enrollment work on stamina and studying the basic playbook, will be productive enough to make the running game decent. Opponents won't find us one dimensional. Worley will be as you said, better than he's given credit for. Posts by people like crunchimusmaximus, exhibit a lack of faith in our new coaches' ability to coach up our players despite their history elsewhere. I may not have liked the Jones hire to start with, but i dare say we're in damned good hands now. So is Worley.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I agree, Grad, what crunchimusmaximus and similar VN members refuse to understand is that:

1. Worley was thrown to the wolves his freshman year because Simms couldn't produce when Bray was out of it.
2. Worley spotted Bray in situations except for maybe against MTSU where he wasn't allowed enough time to get any rhythm with the receivers. As you can be sure that understandably, Bray gobbled up all the time with them during practices.
3. I for one don't believe either he or Bray got the coaching they should have had.
4. O&W game, many of the main receivers were out of the game and plays were vanilla and haphazard to the point fans and even little kids could call plays. The defense knew what was coming and did well as a result.

Worley was not Gatorade POY for nothing and we will see why when he has the receivers he needs to work with. He will get them. The bunch we had during spring practice are learning a new system and are young and unproven to boot. But they have some damned fine coaches who will have them ready by game 3 to play like university (as opposed to high school) level. The new ones coming in, if they have been doing pre-enrollment work on stamina and studying the basic playbook, will be productive enough to make the running game decent. Opponents won't find us one dimensional. Worley will be as you said, better than he's given credit for. Posts by people like crunchimusmaximus, exhibit a lack of faith in our new coaches' ability to coach up our players despite their history elsewhere. I may not have liked the Jones hire to start with, but i dare say we're in damned good hands now. So is Worley.
Thanks for the support. I really don't see that any of our qb's can be judged harshly based upon what they have done to this point. I understand the frustration with Bray, and I have posted some comments about Bray that were not all positive.

We have a body of work on Bray, which gives us enough information to draw a conclusion. I said before on here that I thought there were 2 Tyler Brays, based upon his play. It hit me today that one game, or one half, or one series that Bray would play like Bart Starr, and the next one like Kenneth Starr. One series like Tom Brady, then turn around and play the next series like Marcia Brady. One half like Terry Bradshaw, the next like Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City.

First of all, I want to say that I hope Bray does really well in the NFL and gets a chance to prove himself.

Do you wish he stayed to see how he would improve under Coach Jones or are you glad we are starting over with Butch with a new QB? Yes, I count Worley as a new QB even though he had some playing time under the Dooley era.

Tyler did NOT want to be here so I say I'm glad he didn't return. Someone being on the team that doesn't want to be here, is not good for the program, especially a quarterback.

it would have been nice to have Bray back and see what he could do with the new coaching staff,you have to admit that he has a hell of a cannon for an arm,he probably would have done well

After the Vanderbilt game I was ready for Bray to get the F* ck out.

Agreed. Wish him luck in the NFL but was ready for the next QB ERA to begin. I got so damn tired of Bray's antics on the field and especially the staredown of Vandy's sideline he did and of course I did nothing the rest of the game.

VN Store

Back