Disney: The Most Evil Business In The World

I wonder what that $890 million dollar loss "analysis" looks like now once you factor in the nearly $1b box office reciepts of Little Mermaid and Elemental (the original primarily only included the expense to make those movies). Of course, this "analysis" inexplicably excluded Avatar's 2.32 billion box office haul from its analysis as well.
Too bad there’s not a standard that’s consistently used. Even CEOs will tank the books so that their contract mile post is low at the beginning of their contract.

Good test market is reading the Twitter comments.
Disney has had similar comments on other movies early in the pipeline but kept barreling ahead regardless. They really cannot conceive that they might be wrong. They apparently believe the problem is with us, the customer

Reactions: Majors
Interesting that Disney originally claimed the photos were fake but then admitted to them. So apparently Disney PR thinks outright lying is perfectly acceptable

Reactions: davethevol
The Germans (the ones who wrote the original story in the first place you know) already did a live action version. It is perfect and cannot be bettered so why bother?

Reactions: SlipKidVol
Disney has had similar comments on other movies early in the pipeline but kept barreling ahead regardless. They really cannot conceive that they might be wrong. They apparently believe the problem is with us, the customer
Good point. Bad movies/ROI, layoffs, stock dropped another $3 yesterday to $85.56 (around $200 two years ago) and struggling summer attendance. Next months earnings call will give a greater picture of the slow bleed of not knowing the audience.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Good point. Bad movies/ROI, layoffs, stock dropped another $3 yesterday to $85.56 (around $200 two years ago) and struggling summer attendance. Next months earnings call will give a greater picture of the slow bleed of not knowing the audience.
I sometimes think that it couldn’t happen to a more deserving company. But then I remember the childhood joy of classic pre woke Disney Movies and the great times my family had visiting Disney World and it is sad what they have become.

I sometimes think that it couldn’t happen to a more deserving company. But then I remember the childhood joy of classic pre woke Disney Movies and the great times my family had visiting Disney World and it is sad what they have become.
Absolutely, dropped a nice chunk of change last summer for my oldest as she wanted to go for a graduation trip. We had a great time but I could tell the times had shifted from our time and theirs.

Since this is Volnation, let us celebrate the genius that was classic Disney with one of my favorite football related videos ever. From 1944, Goofy How to Play Football

I just read that Disney+ in India lost 4.6M subscribers the last two qtrs because of losing the rights to the IPL cricket matches. And speculation of selling Disney to Apple.

Absolutely, dropped a nice chunk of change last summer for my oldest as she wanted to go for a graduation trip. We had a great time but I could tell the times had shifted from our time and theirs.
With the package deals including hotels and meal plans, Disney World used to be a pretty good value. Now they have raised prices and started charging extra for every single perk (doing away with Fast Passes was nothing but robbery). They even started charging Resort guests for parking (thankfully saner heads prevailed). Basically they stopped catering toward the middle class in hopes of attracting more wealthy clientele and it is catching up with them

Reactions: Godfatha
I am sad that I will never again get to ride Splash Mountain with its classic Brer Rabbit theming 😢. I have the ride soundtrack saved as an mp3 thankfully
EDIT: I should clarify that the movie „Song of the South“ is definitely problematic. The ride based on short cartoon clips of the rabbit, bear, and Fox was not

Last edited:
Reactions: Godfatha

What do you guys think is happening to Disney? Disney made $28B profit in 2022. That's 28 thousand millions of dollars.

With the package deals including hotels and meal plans, Disney World used to be a pretty good value. Now they have raised prices and started charging extra for every single perk (doing away with Fast Passes was nothing but robbery). They even started charging Resort guests for parking (thankfully saner heads prevailed). Basically they stopped catering toward the middle class in hopes of attracting more wealthy clientele and it is catching up with them

The crowds at Disneyland had become insane. They needed to raise the price. It's basic economics. I'd rather spend an extra $50 on each ticket then be asses to elbows everywhere in the park.

The crowds at Disneyland had become insane. They needed to raise the price. It's basic economics. I'd rather spend an extra $50 on each ticket then be asses to elbows everywhere in the park.
We went between Christmas and New Years about 6 or 7 years ago. They closed Magic Kingdom entry gates because it was at capacity. At one point we were stuck on the bridge to Adventureland shoulder to shoulder with other people. I expected crowded. I didn't expect the mass of humanity unable to move because there was no room to maneuver. I decided on that bridge I am never going back during peak season again.

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back