Do we jump 7-10 spots?

VolArmy74

Last week the AP voters jumped Miami and USC 7 and 10 spots for big wins. Do we jump back ahead of them, and of several other teams ahead of us? Michigan and Notre Dame lost. Alabama struggled with South Florida. Oregon struggled with an FCS team last week and are losing at the half to Boise State this week.

I don't expect to, but I wish AP voters were required to explain their logic to keep their vote.

Last week the AP voters jumped Miami and USC 7 and 10 spots for big wins. Do we jump back ahead of them, and of several other teams ahead of us? Michigan and Notre Dame lost. Alabama struggled with South Florida. Oregon struggled with an FCS team last week and are losing at the half to Boise State this week.

I don't expect to, but I wish AP voters were required to explain their logic to keep their vote.
Miami and USC both scored upsets.

We were favored over NC State and took care of business.

It's different situations.

I'll be satisfied if we jump back ahead of USC and Miami, and the teams ahead of us that lost today. If you thought we were 5 and 8 spots better than them to start the season, it makes no sense for us to beat two teams 120-13, one ranked in the top 25, away from home, and still think they should be ahead of us.

Miami was favored by 2.5/3 over Florida. Most people think Florida is a 4-6 win team this year.
It's just different. We simply took care of a team we were supposed to beat.

If we put a whoopin' on OU like we did NC State, expect a jump.

We were already ahead of NC State, expected to take them easily, and did. Why do we deserve a big jump?

10th or 11th most likely.

Oregon is down at the half so we’d have a chance at 9 if they lose.

Oklahoma is a huge game for us as a win will out is in top 7-8, depending who loses ahead of us.

Jumping up to 7th or 4th? No. The team Tennessee beat was ranked, but they were also on the edge of the rankings. A blowout against a lower ranked team that’s ranked that far down doesn’t tend to result in that large of a jump with how far down the list NC State was.

#5 and #10 lost.

Depending on how far they drop Michigan for losing to the #3 team in the country, Tennessee should move up to the 12th or 13th spot off that alone.

PSU might drop a spot for their close game against BGSU, but at this point they’re likely not dropping them below 9th or 10th.

If #7 Oregon loses to Boise State, then they’ll drop below Tennessee.

So probably to 12th-ish. 11th if Boise State upsets Oregon.

At the end of the day, just win. Rankings will take care of themselves. The day I quit looking at my score card on the golf course, I started playing better golf and scoring better. I don't even really care about the rankings till the end of the season.

It's just different. We simply took care of a team we were supposed to beat.

If we put a whoopin' on OU like we did NC State, expect a jump.

We were already ahead of NC State, expected to take them easily, and did. Why do we deserve a big jump?
We dominated and destroyed a ranked team away from home we were favored over by 7.5 points. We were well ahead of both of them in the first poll. Florida is not a good team, nor are they expected to be, and Miami was favored to win that game, how is them winning it more impressive than what we did today?

LSU struggled with Nicholls State, who lost to LA Tech last week, today, it was 23-21 LSU in the second half, making USC's win look less impressive.

VN Store

Back