Do we jump 7-10 spots?

I have looking at this for the last 45 minutes. Oregon isnt doing to well, Penn State didn’t look good, ND lost, Michigan lost, Mizzou just cant be in front of Vols, Utah was a very close win.

I must logically put Vols at #6. If not, tell me why!

Personally, I think rankings before Week 6 are pointless anyways. Should just encourage teams to show absolute dominance, and then rank them after. We're seeing a lot of schools overhyped (ND, FSU, etc), and it's because nobody knows for several weeks who is actually good. The little number means very little the first few weeks of the season.

I however, am loving how our schedule is setting up. Easy game, medium game, easy game, oklahoma. We'll have next week to kind of reset and refresh and fix some minor things before rolling into Norman.

Hihglight game of the Day and the most dominant win of the season, Top 10 here we come!

Doesn’t matter. We’ll be top 5 after we beat OU
They’d still need quite a bit of help to jump that high after beating a mid-teens OU.

Georgia, Ohio State, Alabama, and Texas aren’t falling between now and the 21st (none of them play anyone for them to worry about).

Ole Miss isn’t going to lose anyone else they play through the 21st and they’re blowing out everyone they play just as soundly, if not more. Same to be said for Missouri if they win out through the 21st.

7th seems realistic at that point; maybe 6th…but they’re likely to still need another week (at least) to get into the top 5 (luckily, the weekend after the Oklahoma games gives us Georgia vs Alabama, which should help, but it’s another 2 weeks after that before Texas and Ole Miss play another ranked team that might be capable of beating them)

Reactions: 08Vol
The thing is, we just boat raced a team that struggled MIGHTILY against the Catamounts from Cullowhee.
I doubt we really get (nor really deserve) the type of jump that say USC got for thumping a good LSU team. Win in Norman, and then yeah- we will start getting some serious attention. But do we really want that ? Remember what happened when they ranked us number one ? Oooof.

Reactions: 08Vol
We’ll move up a couple of places, I’d reckon. I’ll say 12th. And I’ll say this too, ND isn’t going away and people (self included) will be ticked that they remain ranked and positioned to just waltz their way back into playoff contention. I’m gonna screenshot this and break my own nose in December if I’m way off base. Haha

We will certainly jump ND and Michigan obviously, but we should also jump Penn State and Oregon imo, as both have looked mediocre. The top 5 should be UGA, OSU, Bama, Ole Miss, and Missouri, which means 4 of the top 5 are SEC.

The thing is, we just boat raced a team that struggled MIGHTILY against the Catamounts from Cullowhee.
I doubt we really get (nor really deserve) the type of jump that say USC got for thumping a good LSU team. Win in Norman, and then yeah- we will start getting some serious attention. But do we really want that ? Remember what happened when they ranked us number one ? Oooof.
USC won 27-20 and had to score with 8 seconds left in the game to do it. That's a thumping?

Should be top 5 easily. Won’t be because voters are a joke lol

VN Store

Back