Does the Assistant that made the Seating Card STILL have a job??

They had one job. There's no excuse for misspelling the #1 recruit's name. It's possible to mistype it, but no excuse for not checking and verifying before putting it out.

If they're this careless on something as simple as this, what else are they careless with? Fired.

I agree. 1 Job, do it right! People are so damn distracted these days, gotta check their phones for LIKES! Getouttahere with that BS!!

Reactions: LittleVol
They had one job. There's no excuse for misspelling the #1 recruit's name. It's possible to mistype it, but no excuse for not checking and verifying before putting it out.

If they're this careless on something as simple as this, what else are they careless with? Fired.
I understand the frustration, but you have no clue what that person is responsible for or what caused the confusion so please shut up.

Totally agree. If he is sincere, then it shows that he isn't a primma donna. This is the type of recruit I would want on my team.

Also, how do we know that the person creating the name cards wasn't given a list that contained the misspelling? Maybe a coach screwed it up. There are probably multiple layers of people with each one adding input into the process. Unfortunately, there is a lot of room for mistakes.
Wasn’t a coach, it was low level staff. This was the biggest recruiting weekend we’ve had under Heupel. 27 official visitors, several with family with them. There’s a ton that goes into preparation and execution of this past weekend and next weekend. If Sanders goes anywhere else it won’t be bc of a misspelling on a name card.

What the woowoo is wrong with all you Karen's, it was a simple mistake, maybe an autocorrect deal. I'm sure Mr. Sanders found the correct seat. I'm also sure he laughed it off.

On second thought hopefully the culprit is found and stoned to death in public along with his immediate family.
These are the same type of people who want you to give your life away to a company for $15/hr

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Such a trivial issue. I'd hope they didn't fire someone solely for that.
You say that...but then again...grown men are yelling at young men about ALL the "details"...

tenor.gif

I would fire them or at the very least hold whoever is in charge of the person who created it under extreme scrutiny.

We spend millions of dollars to recruit players to the university and the consensus number 1 player can't have their name spelled correctly?

That's negligence or at the very least gross incompetance. Either way, not something that a championship-minded organization puts together. If you want to be average go work at Kentucky.

Anyone who says otherwise I'm convinced is part of a union where mediocrity is encouraged.

You don’t F stuff like this up. I don’t advocate for someone losing their job, but a demotion is in order. Never ever give someone else edge. I guarantee the next time he goes to UGA or Ohio State or wherever they’ll make a big deal about his name.

For all we know the person involved is an absolute rockstar at their job and made the tiniest of mistakes and y'all want to bring the pitchforks out. If this is a recruiting point, we were never getting him anyway. If it was someone who just doesn't care it's a different story but 99% of people on this forum have no idea anything about whoever it was or how it happened. If a coach or analyst did this, it would be a completely different story.

These are the same type of people who want you to give your life away to a company for $15/hr

There is a place for everyone, and $15.00 per hour isn't bad if you can't do better. Everyone can't be entrepreneurs, and at least it's an honest living. At age 12, I worked the summer for $1.25 an hour; in the hot sun. Cry me a river.

What??? Lol that’s a leap Knievel would be proud of.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect for the top recruit in the class’s name to be spelled correctly- not on a throwaway piece of paper mind you- on a name plate. How many staffers saw it and didn’t catch it? Idc if they make minimum wage or 100k, do the job right.

Doesn’t matter how Sanders feels about it, he’s already 99.9 in the boat luckily. It’s just an unprofessional look. Kentucky will be building their entire pitch around this dumb little faux pas.

VN Store

Back