Does the Assistant that made the Seating Card STILL have a job??

There is a place for everyone, and $15.00 per hour isn't bad if you can't do better. Everyone can't be entrepreneurs, and at least it's an honest living. At age 12, I worked the summer for $1.25 an hour; in the hot sun. Cry me a river.
It's not the people that are making that wage. It's what employers expect for that wage in modern society where $15/hr doesn't go far at all. This is not a knock on honest hardworking people doing the best they can.

Reactions: LoudOrange
It's not the people that are making that wage. It's what employers expect for that wage in modern society where $15/hr doesn't go far at all. This is not a knock on honest hardworking people doing the best they can.

$15.00 an hour is nearly twice the minimum wage. My 1.25 WAS the minimum wage. What did I do for the $1.25? Worked at a lumber mill. No breaks no slacking. Did I like it? No. But it did build character. You kids have no dang clue. Whatsoever.

What??? Lol that’s a leap Knievel would be proud of.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect for the top recruit in the class’s name to be spelled correctly- not on a throwaway piece of paper mind you- on a name plate. How many staffers saw it and didn’t catch it? Idc if they make minimum wage or 100k, do the job right.

Doesn’t matter how Sanders feels about it, he’s already 99.9 in the boat luckily. It’s just an unprofessional look. Kentucky will be building their entire pitch around this dumb little faux pas.
It's extremely unreasonable to call for someone's job over something of very little significance without any other details. The point was this is the mindset of people who expect perfection for free. Like the type of people who go out to eat, run the watress's ass off, and tip $3.

$15.00 an hour is nearly twice the minimum wage. My 1.25 WAS the minimum wage. What did I do for the $1.25? Worked at a lumber mill. No breaks no slacking. Did I like it? No. But it did build character. You kids have no dang clue. Whatsoever.
Houses were $12K back then. Now they're $300k. Used to take 2 years salary to afford a house. Now it takes 4. Gas prices have quintupled. Food prices same thing. Times have changed.

It's extremely unreasonable to call for someone's job over something of very little significance without any other details. The point was this is the mindset of people who expect perfection for free. Like the type of people who go out to eat, run the watress's ass off, and tip $3.
Never called for anyone’s job. Said maybe that person isn’t in charge of name plates from now on.

If it was a low paid staffer or an unpaid intern, I’d question why a higher-up isn’t checking their work, esp on stuff that if messed up can reflect poorly on the program.

Low paid workers are a part of most companies and they have a job to do too. I’m the first person that would advocate for raises, but at the same time if you are indifferent about doing things right because you’re low paid, you probably don’t deserve one. I don’t think the parallels you’re drawing apply. I usually tip 20% if the service is decent, but I expect my food to come out right, and if it doesn’t I don’t dismiss it because they’re not paid well.

Reactions: ArdentVol
If this recruit doesnt sign because of this, he was t gonna be here long anyhow if he is as good as advertised.
If any of the people calling for someones job over this imcident were judged equally for their job performance, there would be a lot of unemployed Vol fans.

If this recruit doesnt sign because of this, he was t gonna be here long anyhow if he is as good as advertised.
If any of the people calling for someones job over this imcident were judged equally for their job performance, there would be a lot of unemployed Vol fans.
says the poster with the "Type-O's"....

Reactions: JohnWardForever
Never called for anyone’s job. Said maybe that person isn’t in charge of name plates from now on.

If it was a low paid staffer or an unpaid intern, I’d question why a higher-up isn’t checking their work, esp on stuff that if messed up can reflect poorly on the program.

Low paid workers are a part of most companies and they have a job to do too. I’m the first person that would advocate for raises, but at the same time if you are indifferent about doing things right because you’re low paid, you probably don’t deserve one. I don’t think the parallels you’re drawing apply. I usually tip 20% if the service is decent, but I expect my food to come out right, and if it doesn’t I don’t dismiss it because they’re not paid well.
I agree with some of your points but as I said, we don't know this person. They might be the best worker they have and just missed this. If that's the case, they probably care and were upset they messed it up. I'm not immediately demoting them in that situation.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I agree with some of your points but as I said, we don't know this person. They might be the best worker they have and just missed this. If that's the case, they probably care and were upset they messed it up. I'm not immediately demoting them in that situation.
Almost certainly several people had a chance to catch and correct it and didn’t. If not their process needs to change. I’ve got all the sympathy in the world for someone being human and making a mistake, but if you work in the recruiting department probably proofread the name cards, particularly for foundational players. "They didn’t even care enough about you to get your name right."- as ridiculous as that framing is, there’s no need to open ourselves up to it unnecessarily.

Almost certainly several people had a chance to catch and correct it and didn’t. If not their process needs to change. I’ve got all the sympathy in the world for someone being human and making a mistake, but if you work in the recruiting department probably proofread the name cards, particularly for foundational players. "They didn’t even care enough about you to get your name right."- as ridiculous as that framing is, there’s no need to open ourselves up to it unnecessarily.
I agree that multiple people probably missed it and maybe they need to change their process. With that said, that kind of solidifies my point of not punishing one person for it without knowing all of the facts. I'd give them a chance to learn from their mistakes if the effort is there.

I would fire them or at the very least hold whoever is in charge of the person who created it under extreme scrutiny.

We spend millions of dollars to recruit players to the university and the consensus number 1 player can't have their name spelled correctly?

That's negligence or at the very least gross incompetance. Either way, not something that a championship-minded organization puts together. If you want to be average go work at Kentucky.

Anyone who says otherwise I'm convinced is part of a union where mediocrity is encouraged.
You literally just misspelled “incompetence”.

Well we know who’s “NOT” getting the spell checker job…..😂

In seriousness this weekend was a huge success. Fans are making more of a deal about this than it is.
just havin some good ol fun, Chad....

I agree that multiple people probably missed it and maybe they need to change their process. With that said, that kind of solidifies my point of not punishing one person for it without knowing all of the facts. I'd give them a chance to learn from their mistakes if the effort is there.
Agree with you. Doubt this happens again. My name was misspelled on my jersey, still played as good.

Reactions: Vol865
I'll never forget when they unveiled the sign in Neyland Stadium at the 2005 Vandy game that commemorated the retirement of Doug Atkin's jersey - the sign read "Doug Adkins". This glaring typo required a whole bunch of boneheads to miss the fact that his name was misspelled. This kind of sloppiness really irritates me.

Reactions: VolDave53
You literally just misspelled “incompetence”
This is a weekend that has been purposefully planned for months inviting and spending thousands for this person to come to our home and be shown a great time.

My post was me typing something on my iPhone hoping autocorrect catches anything that comes through.

There should be multiple people here looking at this not just the person who created the card.

🤷🏽‍♂️

I do appreciate the irony though 😂

Reactions: rbjnet and GAVol
SIAP but I'm just glad dey put "Jr" on there.
Of course, it should be "Jr."
In this case, a missing period is prolly not a big deal, but I think sometimes it might be.
When's the fahrin?

That $1.25 minimum wage in the mid 60's, adjusted for inflation is equivalent to about $12.46 in 2024. Give or take a little. You can't compare money from 2 timeframes 60 years apart and expect an apples-to-apples comparison.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Wasn’t a coach, it was low level staff. This was the biggest recruiting weekend we’ve had under Heupel. 27 official visitors, several with family with them. There’s a ton that goes into preparation and execution of this past weekend and next weekend. If Sanders goes anywhere else it won’t be bc of a misspelling on a name card.
Agreed, but it’s important to have every little detail buttoned up for events of this magnitude. Or anything related to building and sustaining an elite program, for that matter. I guarantee Saban wouldn’t have let this happen, regardless of who was responsible. That’s not a knock on Heupel, just the truth.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
That $1.25 minimum wage in the mid 60's, adjusted for inflation is equivalent to about $12.46 in 2024. Give or take a little. You can't compare money from 2 timeframes 60 years apart and expect an apples-to-apples comparison.

No, but I can compare young Men's willingness to work for what they wanted instead of expecting it handed to them. So even after your adjustments, $15.00 per hour (which was the complaint I addressed) is still higher than the Minimum wage I worked for as an underage kid. And I mean Worked, not slacked. Over and out.

Reactions: VolDave53

VN Store

Back