The Impeachment Thread

The transcript is more than enough, by itself. His admission too.

But you are delusional if you don't think there is more to come. People are running for cover.
No it's not...I'm starting to think u haven't even read the transcript...They better hurry they want him impeached by the time they go home for break and there are only about 30 in session days left...then the adults take over and u will get to see how a real process works

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump sought Friday to distance himself from attorney Rudy Giuliani, even casting doubts about whether the former New York mayor is still his lawyer.
Asked whether Giuliani remained his personal attorney, Trump said: “I don’t know.”
“I haven't spoken to Rudy,” Trump told reporters as he was leaving the White House for a political rally in Louisiana. “I spoke to him yesterday, briefly. He's a very good attorney and he has been my attorney, yeah sure.”
Giuliani told USA TODAY shortly afterward that he’s still Trump's lawyer. “He hasn't told me otherwise,” he said.
Donald Trump distances himself from Rudy Giuliani: 'He has been my attorney'
@lawgator1 is one hysterical midnight tweet away from bingo.

Reactions: AM64
This is awesome! The Little League World Series Champs from LA got to visit the WH and ride on AF1 today...plus got to come up on stage with the President tonight....I had him at 35 states but I'm thinking of bumping that up closer to 40 now...oh did you Dems think u wouldn't have to face him next fall? Guess again and he will have millions to spend this time around

No it's not...I'm starting to think u haven't even read the transcript...They better hurry they want him impeached by the time they go home for break and there are only about 30 in session days left...then the adults take over and u will get to see how a real process works

He’s probably read it. In desperate times people see what they want to see. They assign motives and shift context trying to fit the conversation into a crime.

You’re wasting your energy trying to change minds.

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64 and VolnJC
Honestly, this. Do Congressional members have any oversight at all? All of this screaming for taxes of Presidential tax returns, how often are their own scrutinized? How does one become a millionaire while serving in Congress? What about some one like Mad Max who has openly encouraged violence and confrontation at times? And I do believe several, from both sides, have abused their powers for political gain, much like what Trump is now accused of. Personally, I think bad behavior is running rampant through both the Senate and the House. And the investigations should start with those who have served the longest. I'll never stop believing we need term limits for Congress in general.

Agree in principle, although would have expected it to be easier to come up with concrete examples.

But the only reason you can see for people treating erratic behavior from an elected congresswoman from California differently than the president is partisanship? Even though you’re aware they’re not passing legislation?

How many here have had anything positive to say about “Mad Max?” For that matter, how many said anything negative about Chris Collins when he plead guilty and resigned two weeks ago?

I don’t think they deserve as much attention at this point as the sociopath who sets most of American policy and is legislating by executive fiat.

The transcript is more than enough, by itself. His admission too.

But you are delusional if you don't think there is more to come. People are running for cover.
The memo the Trump administration released is not enough. Yeah, I mean we all know what Trump intended. You and I both know he has committed countless crimes since he's been in office.

But they need more than just the notes on the call to have absolute proof. Otherwise this goes nowhere.

Reactions: VolnJC
This gives me hope seeing so many young people getting involved. The great Reagan couldn't even win Minnesota but it looks like Trump will turn it MAGA red in 2020. He brought up police on stage and the Dems called them pigs and attacked them outside. That is the difference in America and those young people got to witness it and will hopefully convince their peers
Teenage Trump fans cry tears of joy at Minneapolis rally that looks more like a Justin Bieber concert as he slams pop royalty

There are two girls there either laughing or crying and they were probably plants judging by the way the the guy in event badges behind them is pointing them out for the cameras. But yeah, hang your hat on that.

Reactions: zeppelin128
This is awesome! The Little League World Series Champs from LA got to visit the WH and ride on AF1 today...plus got to come up on stage with the President tonight....I had him at 35 states but I'm thinking of bumping that up closer to 40 now...oh did you Dems think u wouldn't have to face him next fall? Guess again and he will have millions to spend this time around

One photo op makes you bump your prediction of states won by Trump in 2020 by five?

Reactions: Purple Tiger
WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump sought Friday to distance himself from attorney Rudy Giuliani, even casting doubts about whether the former New York mayor is still his lawyer.
Asked whether Giuliani remained his personal attorney, Trump said: “I don’t know.”
“I haven't spoken to Rudy,” Trump told reporters as he was leaving the White House for a political rally in Louisiana. “I spoke to him yesterday, briefly. He's a very good attorney and he has been my attorney, yeah sure.”
Giuliani told USA TODAY shortly afterward that he’s still Trump's lawyer. “He hasn't told me otherwise,” he said.
Donald Trump distances himself from Rudy Giuliani: 'He has been my attorney'

Hey Rudy!! If you were still Trump's lawyer you would know it.

There are two girls there either laughing or crying and they were probably plants judging by the way the the guy in event badges behind them is pointing them out for the cameras. But yeah, hang your hat on that.
A couple girls were crying, so therefore all teens are jumping ship to Donnie.

No one going to mention the absolute lies he spewed in that video?

Coup? Lie.
Stuff about Hunter Biden and $1.5 billion? Lie.
Perfectly normal, perfect phone call? Lie.

And that was just a 90 second snippet from his hate fest doctored up by the Sun (a notoriously conservative, tabloid paper in the UK) to try to make him look better than what he is.

One photo op makes you bump your prediction of states won by Trump in 2020 by five?
Yeah it's common core math lol...No the Chinese trade deal was the other reason...it adds 10-30 billion per year in agriculture exports which should help with Iowa and Wisconsin

Yeah it's common core math lol...No the Chinese trade deal was the other reason...it adds 10-30 billion per year in agriculture exports which should help with Iowa and Wisconsin
No way Trump even gets close to winning 40 states. Absolutely no way. Look at the electoral map again.

I agree, but proof is hard to come by when it pertains to politicians and what they do ... even first term types. I don't often agree with you, but for the "opposition" you are far more reasonable than the rest, so I do pay attention to what you say. Every now and then we agree when we find the common language to debate something (like federalism); I enjoy those discoveries - that we can see much differently but agree on some of the bigger things.

Actually I wasn't even thinking about the Ukrainian thing. I guess investigating improprieties in an opponent's actions can be personal gain, or it could be cleaning things up. I tend to discount Biden because I don't see him as Trump's opposition. I honestly don't see a connection between Trump's phone call and Ukrainian foreign aid, but that may be just me. I certainly don't see the on camera comment about China looking into things as a request. As far as Rudy goes, Trump is a fool for keeping that clown around ... nothing but trouble can come from that.

I have serious doubts about the Syrian move considering what Turkey is doing, but then I also question our presence there in the first place. I think Trump is a pompous ass, and can't imagine how anybody with a spine can work with him. To me Tillerson was a class act, and we see how that went - but we only saw that from the outside, so who knows.
Thanks.

I don’t know if they ever got to the point of leveraging the aid, like maybe it just never got that far. I 100% think they were planning on it and I think Giuliani and the State Department witnessed have established what the motive was.

Reactions: AM64
Hey Rudy!! If you were still Trump's lawyer you would know it.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Hunerwadel
Thanks.

I don’t know if they ever got to the point of leveraging the aid, like maybe it just never got that far. I 100% think they were planning on it and I think Giuliani and the State Department witnessed have established what the motive was.

I think Trump is smarter than that, but Rudy has lost whatever it was he had going for him. Trump has a big enough problem with his mouth and phone without Rudy trying for one-upmanship. Maybe it's the NYC water, but sanity seems in short supply there.

Reactions: FallCreekVols
Agree in principle, although would have expected it to be easier to come up with concrete examples.

But the only reason you can see for people treating erratic behavior from an elected congresswoman from California differently than the president is partisanship? Even though you’re aware they’re not passing legislation?

How many here have had anything positive to say about “Mad Max?” For that matter, how many said anything negative about Chris Collins when he plead guilty and resigned two weeks ago?

I don’t think they deserve as much attention at this point as the sociopath who sets most of American policy and is legislating by executive fiat.
Now you say he's a sociopath? Is that accurate, counselor? Or more hyperbole.

He may be an obnoxious, narcissistic blowhard, who may or may not have crossed the line into possible criminal acts either by intention or not, but a sociopath?

You usually are better than this. Could it be that your intense dislike for Trump may just be over taking objectivity?

Last edited:
Now you say he's a sociopath? Is that accurate, counselor? Or more hyperbole.

He may be an obnoxious, narcissistic blowhard, who may or may not have crossed the line into possible criminal acts either by intention or not, but a sociopath?

You usually are better than this. Could it be that your intense dislike for Trump may just be over taking objectivity?
Which part is inaccurate?

Attachments

• 1B4E024E-AD42-4661-B5C3-C11AB24003A0.png
    1B4E024E-AD42-4661-B5C3-C11AB24003A0.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 4

VN Store

Back